Masters Running

Monday, May 2nd. And there was great rejoicing. (Read 532 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

For all the great racers this weekend (you thought I was talking about something else?)  Quite a fast group - especially Rob!  Fantastic.

This morning was lifting, stepping and spinning for me.  I'm on the 60 day plan to beach body - looking like the before picture right now.  I'll get there.

Have a good day all.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good luck with your 60-day play PBJ!

Saturday was an awful 14.5 miler.    I just never felt right and by the end the wind had picked up greatly and I was heading right into it.    Ended up walking a lot.   Oh well, it is in the books.   I am full of self-doubt on the 25K in 2 weeks though.   Yesterday was 5.5 miles which felt a little better.  Today is a rest day and I almost got a full nights sleep last night.

I have lots of weekend reading to catch up on, but I did scan through looking for a post from Hallar.   He hasn't posted since over a week ago and he is running the same race as me.   I hope all is okay!

Happy Monday!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Dave59

Mary - I would take your bad run as a good sign.  My worst races have been after a great "last long run."

I'm off work today (all week actually).  If the gutters get cleaned today, the week will be declared a success.

I went to the gym this morning for a little bit of a workout and 3 miles on the treadmill.

For an extra donation on Saturday, one of the leader dogs in training would graciously sit with you for a photo:

I had gone out for a couple extra miles so by now the dog was tired of posing.  Even the prospect of a treat wasn't exciting him anymore.   Poor guy.  I didn't realize this at the time or I wouldn't have put him through so much torture. 

lamerunner

Good morning. Sunny and cool here; we are finally getting some signs of Spring, with little leaves sprouting. The weekend was pleasantly warm.

I ran an esy 6.5 this morning. Knees are not that happy with me and legs still tired a lot.   Too much going on lately!

Yesterday afternoon I ran about 9 miles on the Massabesic rail trail. Lots of bikers, families and dogs out enjoying the weather.

Happy Monday.  Great racing this weekend.  Isn't that Green Bay race soon?

+1 to what Dave said Mary----try not to fret about the weekend run and you've been working hard---you'll race well come 25k day.

Speaking of racing well---Lots of that this past weekend---Heme, Daddy-o, Maraposai, hermosaboy, MTNchk1-----awesome PR (and y'all need to check yesterday's thread since she just slipped that in), Dave59, OM, and an extra shout-out for Maraposai for breaking the tape and then racing again with her men the next day!

Busy weekend for me and I guess I didn't post here. Ran a local 5k on Saturday and then 14.3 miles on Sunday with Spicy J and Canada J. Good times and two great IRC days too. Weight workout  this morning and an easy 4.2 miler.

This will be another busy work week complete with a trip to Ohio and that means running with Holly later this week. Hurray.

Marathon Maniac #957

PBJ – good luck!

Mary – some runs are just like that.  I blame perimenapause…..Joking

Dave – great picture!

Lamerunner – what college did your DD pick?

CNY - very cool - I was just going to e-mail you to see if the details are cemented yet.  Looking forward to seeing you again!

No run for me today.  35 minutes of P90X Shoulders and Arms and some stability ball crunches. 

Last track meet for DS is tonight, but with rain in the forecast all day, it may be cancelled.  They’ve had to cancel three of the meets due to rain already, and I was hoping to get some pictures tonight…

Going back to see Mntnchk's race details.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Dave59, did you come home with the dog? That dog is adorable.

No run for me this morning, but it is gym night tonight. The wings do need the rest today. I had a busy weekend o f running with the race on Saturday and the 20 miler I ran yesterday, which included a 12k . After the race we went shopping, then drove back home. My DH dropped me off about 8 miles out of town (he thought) so I could complete the 16 miles for the day I was aim to run. Well, I ran, and ran, and ran some more and two plus hours later I finally made it home, I was watch-less, so I did not know the distance.. There was no cell reception in the mountains, so I could not call home for DH to come to pick me u, besides I was having too much fun.Joking When I got home I found out that I was dropped 12.5 miles from home. A fun and perfect way to get in a 20 miler for the day.

This was my first 60 miler this training season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KZi-aV0VTk

What a fun weekend of running and eating I had. Bloomsday was a blast. The posie family, and 50,000 other runners had a perfect weather for a race, they told us that it snowed in Spokane the day before. DH and I ran the 12k in 1:35, about 15' faster than I had anticipated. I think he enjoyed his first race. I ran this race with him every step of the way and he hold my hand about a block from the finish line and we ran really fast to the end. My butterfly wings were a hit with the crowd and races. I hope to post some pictures later this week.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Mary – some runs are just like that.  I blame perimenapause…..Joking

Actually .... me too ..... I've been having some real issues lately.   Dead

I had to post one of Erika's favorite pictures each litter ..... the cows on the kitchen floor ....

And this guy, Jelly Belly, doesn't seem to phased with the stressing process......

Great picture Dave!    Thanks for the encouraging words .... you too Karin!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #957

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

At my house there is rejoicing and it has nothing to do with running.  My DW was in the World Trade Center on 9/11.  She was in Tower 7 that burned down that evening.  When the planes hit I initially thought she was likely all right because her floor was "only" somewhere in the 40's and the planes had hit higher up.  But the phones were down, the cells were down, and the internet was done.  I had no idea what happened to her for hours.  Eventually, she managed to get word to me in a route that would have made Rube Goldberg proud.  She finally succeeded in getting a call out to a friend of hers in CA.  That friend called her parents who called me.  The local lines were all down.  She finally got home much later that evening.  That is another story in and of itself, but it turned Rudy Giuliani into my hero.  He ordered all public transport to NYC.  Fill up, free no questions asked, make all local stops to the end of the line.  Turn around empty back to the city.  Repeat.  It worked and my DW made it home that evening.  I can still recount every minute of that day.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

#artbydmcbride

And this guy, Jelly Belly, doesn't seem to phased with the stressing process......

Aww, whos got 'ems a big belly?!  Who?  Who wants a belly rub?  oh whos a big chubby puppy?  woof!  Big grin

Runners run

Quick drop by to post my race results from Kentucky Derby Mini (half) 1:49:03 chip time

Goal was 1 :50 so I'm pleased with the result of my

run less, run faster 3 day per week program  

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow--Twocat--I can't even imagine what you went through that day.  Rejoice away!

Twocat - I echo Mike's words - I can't imagine what you and your wife went through that day.  Yes, it truly is a time to rejoice, but we also can't become complacent.  One madman is gone; unfortunately, there are many more ready and willing to take his place.

Puppies, puppies, puppies!! 

Mary - You'll do fine for your 25k.  This has been a long week+ for you.  Very little rest.  Give your body time to recoup.

Dave59 - That pup's a cutie.  One of the secretaries here - who is moving away - used to take in pups for Guide Dogs for the Blind.  Then, when she stopped doing the puppy thing, she would puppysit for folks and bring them to work.  We'll miss those little buggers.

My alarm went off at 4:30, but my upper back is so tight right now from the flipping crutches, I couldn't see myself sitting on that bike or lifting weights.  Unless I end up with some side transcription tonight, I'll force myself to workout when I get home - - - maybe.

Have a great week, folks ~

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Twocat, I remember that day very distinctly as well. MrOM was working on Wall St. just a mile away. He had been in the Towers just 10-15 minutes before, taking his daily commute from the PATH. Way too close for comfort, and with the lack of communication issues it was a nightmare. What a fabulous story about how your DW got the message to you that she was OK. Yes, the ferry system was amazing that day, getting him to NJ and back home on the train, many hours later that night. Almost 10 years later and it still seems surreal.

Rest day today. Been thinking about starting a meditation practice lately. Not ready to actually start it though; just thinking about doing it seems daunting enough. Amazing how the prospect of just sitting and being, by oneself, can be so intimidating. But I'm recognizing the need for it lately and just acknowledging that seems enough right now. Baby steps, as they say.

Love the puppy pictures, Mary. It's always a good day when there's puppies! Smile