Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily from half-way around the world (Read 47 times)

...actually

that was supposed to be a Dancing 'Nanner

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

...actually

that was supposed to be a Dancing 'Nanner

maybe he won't notice.

Happy Birthday Two Cat!!

Tammy

BTY, "Hi".  It's good to hear from you.  Mike, take care of that AT.  wild, beautiful pictures from your FA run.  fatozzig, what's going on with your eye?  It sounds serious.  henrun, healing thoughts going out to your daughter with her hip replacement complications.  Rasmussen, "Hi".  That's some serious mileage and weight loss.  Twocat, happy birthday.

Thanks for the comments about my grandson.  In my seriously biased opinion, he's pretty special.  tomw, your comment was welcome by me but a bit gutsy when there are a number of other grandparents on the forum.  I'm a believer that every grandparent has a right and obligation to think their grandkid is the cutest.

This morning, it was a degree or two below zero.  It was another TM day.  This one was 4 miles at a 10:47 pace.  I feel that I can take a joke but, with all the cold, ice, and snow we've had this year so far, I'm a bit miffed at mother nature.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Dave59

Ran 4 on the treadmill.  Trying hard now to stay awake.  I shouldn't be tired since I got plenty of rest.  I think it is a defense mechanism to avoid working on a complicated request.

...hey,

we ALL have the Cutest GrandKids EVER/////////..................it was just tselbs' turn........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Later on I will probably hit the elliptical.  No not literally you silly people!

Happy Birthday!

Ras – nice to see you again!

Carolyn – only 7200 feet?  

Robin –  I think that is a success, too, especially at an all-inclusive.

No running once again.  I did, however, go out and buy a bike trainer at Dicks last night and so spent 40 minutes this morning riding the bike to nowhere.  Because my bike is a mountain bike, the tire treads are a bit noisy, but I parked it in front of the TV and turned on the captions so I could catch all the dialogue.  I worked up a sweat, so I felt like it was doing SOME good anyway.

Re: the heel pain – I almost think it is the peroneal tendon now.  At least after 3 days of running the only pain I feel is a bit on that spot right on the outside of the ankle behind the bone.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

bhearn

bhearn you are quite good at puzzles but I think you have the daily thing a bit off.  Daily replies are in the daily not the daily.  So my response to your puzzle had to be in the daily daily not the daily prior daily.  Got it?  

Ah, got it. Smile

Missing being here regularly but enjoying the job enormously.  bhearn's around here now?  Cool.

Honestly, I can't keep up with dailies, and the swamp is my regular hangout these days. In this case divechief alerted me to the puzzle content.

BTY

Hi All.

You know if there's one thing I take pride in, in my running, it's that I can run even splits.  At least in training runs.  Races,,,,not so much.

My friend was returning to running today after a vacation and a bout with "the flu", so I told him I could probably pace him over 3 miles at about 8:40 pace.   So we ran 3 miles at 8:38 pace (not counting the warm up and cool down) with mile splits of 8:36 / 8:40 / 8:38.  Our "out" was 12:56 and our "back" was 12:56.   That's as even as I could get it.  Smile

We're still playing black ice slalom out on the course but I'm not complaining because it's plowed and others have to run on a treadmill this time of year.

Total of 5 miles, which is 15 in 3 days.  I'd better dial down tomorrow, but actually I may not get out there at all due to some Time Management Training utilizing Outlook.  Should be interesting because after I signed up for it I found out that the company is upgrading my system from Windows XP to whatever is an upgrade - 7?  I'm assuming that will change my Outlook version and make my training obsolete.  Meh.  Best laid plans.

Rass - excellent will power there with the carbs.....I wish I could do the same.  I just ate a piece of lemon pound cake.  They call it pound for a reason! 

It is going up to 59/60 today, and sunny, Wowsa!!

I have a run date with Door#12 before sunset.  So at least 3 miles around the lake that is green.

Happy B-day Twocat.

TW - scary, just plain scary.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

.  Should be interesting because after I signed up for it I found out that the company is upgrading my system from Windows XP to whatever is an upgrade - 7?  I'm assuming that will change my Outlook version and make my training obsolete.  Meh.  Best laid plans.

I think the OS doesn't matter as long as they don't change the Office version.  but I've been known to be wrong on computer stuff before.  just ask my DW.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tselbs - I just had a incredible headache Monday and Tuesday that felt like it was doing its best to squeeze my left eye out of its socket.  And seeing as how I was working on two days of very little sleep (insomnia),  I was hoping that some levity on my part would relieve the pain.  It didn't, so I sucked it up like a real trooper, went home early from work, got into my PJs, took a muscle relaxer, then passed out on the couch for the rest of the afternoon.  After a decent night's sleep, I actually felt human this morning!

AND - I finally found a file here at work that I spent over an hour looking for through opened and closed files.  Yea!

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sayhey! MM#130

So Amy, does this job mean you chase down deadbeat husbands who don't pay their support?  Good for you!

And wives.  And let's be current: "baby-dads" and "baby-moms"

And yes, that is what I do now.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

mrrun

Happy Birthday Twocat!!!

Obviously our own grandkids are the cutest - but we can want pictures!

ran 8 mostly one-way, picked up henrun's idea of taking the T rest of the way home.

back in the olden days when i worked and we got upgraded from XP, everything else was upgraded including excel, word, outlook etc. - good luck those had some major changes!!!

Hi to all who posted and all who will post!

(((to anyone who needs it)))))

marj

Maniac 505

Happy B-day Twocat  Hope you had a greta one.

7 miles around Green Lake.  What a gorgeous evening, about 58F, no wind, setting sun.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."