Masters Running

2/18 Weds Hump Day Daily - Where You Guys Been.... (Read 530 times)

Speed Gong, DG. Speed Gong. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mariposai

deep breathing breger...deep breating. just so enjoyed reading your DH's speech Aamos...{{{learning curve Frank}}}} hopeful, those are great intervals times...even with garmin issues that lou is a running machine...see him spit out those great runs day after day, week after week twocat.... Black eye butterfly hugs to Erika...just becasue Tselb, please take care of yourself...nusty flu bug. dg, i so love the picture you posted yesterday. I am gone only for one day and SR is already reciting poems to tammy arhh Dead As for me, I will run later this afternoon. I too hate the wind Angry. Right now I am tired and cranky

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

Speed Gong, DG. Speed Gong. Bill
        ooohh. Blush That's what I get for hurrying. Kind of wondered..... never mind. Here's my excuse. (I'm being a very good Lutheran today.) We have a new retirement program, with the employee & company contributions subject to various taxes. To make a long (boring) story short, I'm wading through 9 COBOL programs to trace these stupid variables, before actually getting to the program I need to edit. (W2s), Tongue
          I don't blame you for that one dg. Byll did use the word "bong" about 10 times in that post. It's nice to know that I am now a member of the underwear running team. I will have to check in with nono on proper summer underwear running attire. Love those pics of the en masse underwear runners. Tom, I'm sorry to hear you are still dealing with stomach troubles. That stomach bug is bad this year apparently. We had so many kids out of the school system that they sent us one of those telephone warnings. I hope you are better soon. Cool news on the new TM, though. Tim, good run yesterday - flying deer and all! You are such a good guy for helping out that woman with her car. And your guys are awesome too for donating their time. Amy, glad to hear Frank isn't any worse for wear. We had a friend whose dog ate an entire bag of Hershey's kisses, foil and all. Needless to say, it was an unpleasant next couple of days for all concerned. Twocat, sorry to hear about the no-running, but I do hope you get an answer once and for all to what is causing the leg weakness. Four miles on the TM today at 8:12 pace and then one hour of pilates. It's raining here so it was a good day to hit the gym. However, I will be running against the wind tomorrow on my medium long run as we are forecast to have 30mph winds tomorrow. Blech!

Once a runner . . .

Four slow recovery miles today. It actually felt good to run that slowly today. No gongs or bongs going off on my run.
            dg.

Thanks Meg. I feel much better. ... let me know what you find out from Nono. I do want to be ready for summer. My gym has a PIlates Reformer class. It's one of the few you have to pay for, but I"ve thought about trying it. Have you ever tried that? Nancy I'm glad you liked it. hugs to you. It would take a lot to make you cranky. (((())))
                Just stopping in to see whatch'all are up to this a.m. Bongs, gongs, flying deer, intestinal upsets, windy winds - never a boring day on the daily thread. Had good intentions of giving bike riding a try this a.m., but a bad night of sleep nixed that idea. Might try tonight after work, but don't hold your breath. I'm an avid detester of after work workouts. Later ~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Yesterday, Ribs posted: As we are all masters runners here, let me pose this question. What were you doing on April 12, 1980? As for me, I was a nervous wreck, one week away from running what would be a very warm Boston Marathon. I was not relaxed at all. But there was a group from Detroit who were very relaxed on that day. The Detroit Spinners, as they were first named, had covered The Four Seasons' hit song, and like many covers, they did it better. The music was better, the voices were better, the dancing was better, and on April 12 they hit number one with it. As Holly would say, "turn it up" and since I am posting this at night, and you are unlikely to be at work now, I defy anyone not to get up and dance with it. Nono, I am working my way back to you. Everybody check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHGW-v1MrRw Spareribs I am reposting in memorium of the city of my birth and ask for a moment of silence. Yes, that light breeze you may be feeling is Detroit wafting away from the country........ Sad [note; this remark is not to be interpreted as a political statement either in favor of or against any additional bail-out $$ going to the auto industry. ] I'm just sad about what's happened to Detroit; it used to be the 5th largest city in the US. I lived in some friendly neighborhoods, had decent public schools to attend, good public transportation and loved going downtown to Tiger Stadium, the museums and J.L. Hudson's. BTW, Frank appreciates everyone's concern, and continues to improve......physically, that is. Mentally, I fear he and Spencer are working on perfecting their routine where Spencer (cat) hops up on a counter, whacks a food item to the floor where Frank retrieves it, carries it to the appointed hide-out to meet Spencer and share out the goodies. good runs all, and better health to those resting. Twocat, special good will going east to you. grins, A
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  evanflein

I can't imagine Mariposai cranky. (thanks for the hug, sweetie!) Byll, we have a speed alarm on our Saab. It's fun. I set it at 100 mph a couple summers ago, before a driving trip to a soccer tournament in Anchorage (~360 miles drive). We leave in the mid-day to early afternoon usually, getting in early to late evening. This one trip we got a late start, and DH took over driving shortly after Denali Park. It was getting late, boys were sleeping in the back seat and I settled into the passenger seat for a nap. After awhile, I hear "Ding! Ding! Ding!" (or is that Bong! Bong! Bong?) and DH goes "Oh crap, what was that??" thinking something was horribly wrong with the car. I looked up, smiled and said, "Aha! You were going over 100!" "No I wasn't, we have the cruise set to 85!" "Ha! But I set the speed alarm to 100, so I know you passed it!" And so DH learned about another feature on my new car... Big grin Glad to see TimBo posting again and that things are going well. I really don't advise playing leapfrog with the deer though. Good grief, the deer around here are a little too big and mean to engage like that (i.e., Moose!). Poor Frank, but it does sound like he and the cat have quite the deal going. Sounds like something Cheyenne and Midnight would do. Well folks, it was -22° on the way in to work this morning, and windy! Yuk. It'll warm up a bit today, but then we're going to get hit with what's being called our biggest snowfall of the season... up to 8" by noon tomorrow in some spots (yes, that's a lot at once for us). So, I'll RAW on the treadmill tonight, plan is 10 miles and I'll throw some HM pace half mile (or full mile) repeats in there to make the time pass.

"older but not dead yet"

3 mile trail hike with my autistic, 9 year old grandson. How wonderful his mind works that he sees beauty and happiness in everything. Although his reality is heavily internalized, the little bit he engages always brings a smile to his face and to mine. Distance means nothing to him. He can go all day, smiling all the way. We as adults have stopped seeing the miracles of Nature. For him , all is wonderment. In many ways , he is a happier person than I. Yes, he does have his quiet times - long moments of introspection, but today he was happy in his world and that made me happy in mine. Alex
                      Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.
                        3 mile trail hike with my autistic, 9 year old grandson. How wonderful his mind works that he sees beauty and happiness in everything. Although his reality is heavily internalized, the little bit he engages always brings a smile to his face and to mine. Distance means nothing to him. He can go all day, smiling all the way. We as adults have stopped seeing the miracles of Nature. For him , all is wonderment. In many ways , he is a happier person than I. Yes, he does have his quiet times - long moments of introspection, but today he was happy in his world and that made me happy in mine. Alex
                        Now if that isn't one of the most perfect posts I've ever read, I don't know what is. Thanks for making me smile, Alex. Cool

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

For him , all is wonderment. Alex
                          Beautiful. That reminds me of a quote I've heard. "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment."
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

Now if that isn't one of the most perfect posts I've ever read, I don't know what is. Thanks for making me smile, Alex. Cool
                            Almost exactly my feelings. Thank you, Alex. This made my day.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

xor

Frank! Oh dear. In other news, I'm at 50 miles and it is Wednesday. Fingers crossed and I may score my first 75 mile week since last November. That would be nice.

This is the shortest run I've ever done, I think. 2 miles. Bad intestinal cramping, I couldn't continue I was almost doubled over. A couple hours later now I feel fine. Great phrase evryday. Tim - that deer incident sounded a bit scary. Who would have won that collision? Twocat - I feel everyone at RA should decend upon your house, twist your leg into a million positions and our collective wisdom will diagnose the problem and find a cure for your mystery injury. Speed bongs? No wonder he drives so fast.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."