Masters Running

Fri Jan 2 Runs and etc (Read 500 times)

xor

<tmi>'srlopez' stands for Stevie Ray Lopez. It's the only name I've utilized in forums, except for Runners World, where I actually registered as 'Stevie Ray Lopez'. I never ever ever utilized puppetry or fake IDs in other message boards. (clubs in Lubbock Texas, circa 1984, sure) I get 'senor' and 'senior' a lot. The first is technically accurate as I am a maaaan, baybee, and I am half Hispanic (and half Hawai'ian). The second one is funny when people meet me. I'm not senior. Yet. AARP says I have 8 more years. Del's Sun City says I have 13. Anyway, it is a joke nickname given to me by my grad students in 1991 to make fun of my atrocious gee-tar playing. Side note, on the Maniacs' race calendar, I was "McLovin" for 2008. I switched back to SRL yesterday. I switched to McLovin after dramatically announcing December 2007 that I was retiring for awhile because I thought I was sicker than I actually was. So I had to return as someone else Smile and I went with Fogle's fake ID name from Superbad specifically because it was a fake ID name.</tmi>

Four miles for me early this afternoon. Started in the snow, finished in bright sunshine. I know I'm slow, but that felt kind of ridiculous to have the weather change so much while I"m out running. Stumpy - nice link to the newspaper story Enjoying the last day of vacation by doing yet more straightening up around the house and other chores in anticipation of an all-day lesson-planning session tomorrow and singing on Sunday. Spending some time with youngest godson this afternoon while we wait for his parents to get home from Puerto Rico this evening. They're in for a shock - left temps in the 80s this morning for below freezing here! Happy weekend, all, Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I was still mad at myself for not running in the cold yesterday, so I decided to go for at least 8 miles. The weather was good - overcast, 27 degrees, and fairly calm. I felt great, so I kept going until I got to 9.2 miles! 11:41 pace, due to treading carefully over leftover snow on the sidewalks. I'm happy with it. Ahead of the 1500-mile pace bunny for the time being, lol.
          (((Frankenweiner!))) Good luck keeping him still for 6 weeks, SRL. Did my 30 min on stationary bike and 35 min core/strength. Can't do any leg exercises that require pushing off or balancing with one foot where there would be any significant bending of the ankle, so that takes out the lunges, step ups, step downs, and calf exercises. Strange. The tree's gone, so now I get to start putting away all the crap decorations.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

BTW, how you did you get your 3 years total miles from the log?
            I went to Reports; then New Search; then for Date Range I put in Custom Range, 1/1/2005 - 12/31/2008; and for Group Result By, I put Year. Then hit Search.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

I took today off work . . . no sense going in for just one day when over half the office was already out, right? So, I went for a short run this a.m. with my dogs. Today was supposed to be a rest day, since I ran Tues, Wed & Thurs, but it was nice out - only had to wear one layer! So, I took advantage of it. Got my house all put back together yesterday and DH is de-lighting the house today. Glad to hear the lil lopez doggy is home and starting to rehab. When one of our dogs had a leg/hip surgery, we had to keep her down for 8 wks. Hard to do with a 100 lb outdoor dog. But we set her up a bed in the house and she spent 3 mos down. We wanted to make sure she was well healed, so we stretched it out. It is hard to keep them down, especially as they start to feel better and want to be a dog again.

Tammy

dg, that is a very cool story about your friend and the baby stroller. I think it's awesome that she still babysits for you while you go to races. I'm a former competitive swimmer too – did it all the way through college before discovering that I would have been a better college runner. Oh well! Slo, I will have to give the fish oil a try and see if that helps with the knees. I have a tendency to start with the glucosamine/chondritin and then give it up because it is so expensive. The only thing I don't like about fish oil is that I have a tendency to burp it up that fish oil taste for at least an hour afterwards. SR, sending healing vibes to poor Tobias. I hope you figured out a way to keep him relatively calm while he heals. I have always thought the SR stood for Senor, at least until I realized that your name is Stevie Ray. Smile Holly, good luck with that toe. I hope it holds up on your long run. As far as the quote thing goes, doesn't it also work to just use the quote html tags? I think that's what I've been doing. I wound up having to run on the treadmill this afternoon because my dh wanted to surf. It was raining and 39 degrees so I really did not mind too much. I dislike doing fast running on the TM, though, but forced myself to do three half miles at 8.7, 8.8 and 8.9 - I think those speeds are somewhere in the 6:40 to 6:50 range. Ran these in the middle of 6 miles on the TM.

Once a runner . . .

Mariposai

31F Sunny sky 13 gorgeous miles. This was just one of those outings that you wish lasts forever. I ran to the next town and back. Back home I ate a bowl of homemade chowder and now off to put a few miles on the Xcountry ski. thanks Holly, I will try it later.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I got 5.3 miles on the treadmill today but I can tell I'm really getting burned out on the belt to nowhere thing. Still, better than venturing out in the -30 anymore than I have to. DS2 has basketball practice at 4, so I'm bundling all my errands to make just one trip. I hate having the car out in these temps even though it seems to do ok in it. Glad to see Tobias is home and recuperating. Good luck keeping him quiet as he starts to feel better. I sure hope he regains all his hind leg function.... Interesting thing on the log... I keep printouts of my logs from Cool running and the graph from RA, and I had on my printout 1781 for 2007... but the log here says 1910... Hmmm, Confused
                    stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm all screwed up on what day it is. Felt like Sat. or Sunday all week. now at least I have the weekend to get used to things again before getting back into real life on Monday. Out for my lake loop this morning late (8:30) in 13F. Felt pretty cozy with a couple of layers and a new heavy weight balaclava. No wind like that past few days. 3.2 in 27:30 for a pretty sproinky run, considering it was using the trax. Which it turned out I didn't really need. The town had done a good job plowing the sidewalks, and what little snow had drifted was pretty dry. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I took today off work . . . no sense going in for just one day when over half the office was already out, right?
                        I'm likin' the way your thinkin'. I burp up the fish oil too. 6 easy miles this late afternoon 10:30 pace 55F. Beautiful.
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          I was still mad at myself for not running in the cold yesterday, so I decided to go for at least 8 miles. The weather was good - overcast, 27 degrees, and fairly calm. I felt great, so I kept going until I got to 9.2 miles! 11:41 pace, due to treading carefully over leftover snow on the sidewalks. I'm happy with it. Ahead of the 1500-mile pace bunny for the time being, lol.
                          OK Teresa, I hope you didn't do that just because I logged 9.2 yesterday! Wink On a serious note...great run, and I wanted to let you know that I seriously doubt that we'll be doing that training run on a Thursday. Either I heard the date wrong or someone just gave it to me wrong...either way I know that it will be on a Sunday morning. We'll see what comes up, I'm sure I'll hear within the next week or so. Todays run - 5.02 miles progressive - 38:20 - (7:39) - Cloudy & 29 degrees - 8:18 - 8:02 - 7:45 - 7:30 - 6:45 - I really wanted to run a little harder than I normally would after a race because yesterdays run really wasn't a race after all. We didn't go all out, but ran a pretty good triaining run and we all said that the wind gave us a good "resistance run" to boot! Big grin
                            Agreed, all: Today felt like Monday. I had to move my tablesaw (an "old iron" Powermatic 66- all 500# of it) to my new shop space. Not fun, and COLD to boot (everything I handled this morning had been in my old unheated shop). So when I got a chance to get sweaty on the treadmill, it was a relief. 5.3 miles in 41-42 minutes. I, like Erika, am getting a little tired of the 'mill. But I can't really imagine going out for a run when it's below 20 F, and dark, out. Especially after having worked all day in the cold. no fun. (Okay, I'm done complaining) Have a good weekend, everyody!!! Walt
                            Mariposai

After my 13 magical miles this morning I went out with my DH for a short Xcountry ski adventure. See what I saw on my short ski adventure this afternoon? They were 6, but one flew away as one was getting ready to take the picture. See this bench...I love running to the river in the summer time, sitting in this bench to delight in beauty of nature and run back home.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

After my 13 magical miles this morning I went out with my DH for a short Xcountry ski adventure. See what I saw on my short ski adventure this afternoon? They were 6, but one flew away as one was getting ready to take the picture. See this bench...I love running to the river in the summer time, sitting in this bench to delight in beauty of nature and run back home.
                                Mariposai....I can feel the beauty you describe all the way across the internet. Thank you.
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM