Masters Running

Finally Friday, 5.30.14 (Read 47 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' friends!

This sure has been an up-and-down and all over the place week around here! Yesterday, Young Ben said he is not flying home, and that is that. So we made arrangements with his mom, and I'll drive him to Albany (NY) this morning to hand him off to her there. So that'll be a 6-hr. round trip today. I'm taking DW's car so she can drop mine off on her way to the office to get the drive shaft replaced. The mulch is getting delivered today instead of yesterday, so Young Ben will be long gone when it gets here, and I'll be spreading it myself.

I didn't sleep all that well last night, and so debated sleeping in or going for a workout this morning. I even got back into bed after feeding the cat, but that only lasted for about 3-4 minutes. So 4.4 RW miles, with a stop to chat with the newspaper delivery guy while he folded papers. Today I did quick turnover drills, and it was hard work, but satisfying.

OK, gotta hit the road...

Have a greta Friday, and I wish fleet feet and big grins to all this weekend's racers!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good morning Jay and all to follow. Safe travels to you, and good luck with the mulch spreading.

I haven't been able to post or even keep up with all of you. My beautiful, healthy, athletic sister went into cardiac arrest on Tuesday night and her prognosis is not good. Been spending most of my time at the hospital being with her and praying for miracles. I don't understand - she did everything right. She is 71 years old and ran a four mile race last Sunday and ran her personal best - just under a 12 minute mile. Sorry to be a downer this morning.  I'm just looking for some support and extra prayers, and I know we all do that for each other on this forum.

Good luck to all who are racing this weekend, and if you could - please remember Jan in your thoughts.

JLynne! Sending you immediate and heartfelt support and love. Keeping you and your sister close and wishing you strength in the days ahead.

I am by no means caught up here and will do my best to get back into the routine next week.

((((jylnne))))

(((((((jan)))))))

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Man, that's sad.  Good thoughts coming your way from here--most definitely.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

I'm so sorry JLynne. We will keep you all in our prayers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

mrrun

(((Jlynne and jan))))

she is a lovely person - we remember her from our trip to GB

marj and henrun

King of PhotoShop

I'm very sorry Jlynne and hoping for the best for Jan.  Cardiac technology and methods are so much better today than years ago.  I hope there is a workable treatment for her.

Taking the day off from all exercise, just to be safe and tomorrow's run goal will be 1.25 miles, just growing this a bit at a time. What's the rush?

Going to closing ceremonies at Hudson's school, then playing bridge in the afternoon.

Thinking of retiring?  Here is what my sister sent me about Arizona:

You can retire to Phoenix, Arizona where...
                  1. You are willing to park 3 blocks away from your house because you found shade.
                  2. You've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl.
                  3. You can drive for 4 hours in one direction and never leave town.
                  4. You have over 100 recipes for Mexican food.
                  5. You know that "dry heat" is comparable to what hits you in the face when you open your oven door.
                  6. The 4 seasons are:tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Spareribs

Mariposai

Jlynne and Jan. My prayers and butterfly hugs are going your way.

Spareribs, that is so funny. My DH an I thought at one point that transferring to AZ would be a good idea, but not anymore after doing some research on their weather.

I made this Cajun Jambalaya the other day. It is so yummie! I had some ham to use up, so I used that instead of the chicken.

Cajun Jambalaya

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

I grabbed my camera last minute this morning. almost forgot it which meant no pics from the Pre. Good thing I remembered! Picking up David from school at 3:00 and heading north. Tonight Galen runs the 10,000m, so that'll be fun to watch.  Then up bright and early for a run on the Amazon trails with David's HS coach, breakfast, and then get ready for an afternoon of Pre. 

Tet, David has already been scoping out the M's schedule to see what games he wants to go to and looking at the various promo nights to see what's happening. Right now it's looking like a couple games against the A's around 7/11. One day is a bobblehead day and another is kids 14 and under get to run the bases,  Now I'll have to check out concerts on the Pier to see if there is someone playing we'd like to see while we are there. Looking forward to a few fun days in the Big City.

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My beautiful, healthy, athletic sister went into cardiac arrest on Tuesday night and her prognosis is not good.

. . .She is 71 years old and ran a four mile race last Sunday and ran her personal best - just under a 12 minute mile.

. . .I'm just looking for some support and extra prayers, and I know we all do that for each other on this forum. 

Yes, jeanne, we all do that for each other, even when we don't know we do.

please give your sis a hug from another 71-yo runner (supposedly).
                        Lots of things conspired against my running this month
                        but I’ll do a four mile run too for her tomorrow, after all.

Probably not at 12m/m, though.

I kind of got to like the HHH I experienced for the first time in Michigan’s summertime in those days but will never forget the shock of  hitting the oven in Colorado on the drive back to the normalcy of the West Coast. <<<(rain/rain/rain)>>>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

One day is a bobblehead day and another is kids 14 and under get to run the bases,

Tammy - I hope you are not saying David is 14!!.

He's already accomplished more than most of us did through college, if that.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Sayhey! MM#130

Jlynne, please stayin touch as best you can about Jan.  Thinking of you both long and hard today.  That just feels so unfair, as you describe things.  (I know, "life is unfair, film at 11," but as you say, she just ran a race....)

....feels difficult (abrupt?) to turn to other things now.

I think Jay deserves to have a bunch of helpers appear at his place to spread mulch, especially having to make the round trip drive to Albany.    You could always stop in Northampton for some Happy Valley air and maybe even a Karin greeting.  That would be fun!

Sayhey Ribs, you wrote: " Meanwhile, the team that did go to the Series, the Red Sox, can't seem to do anything right. "

Two things:

1. They not only went there, they won it and are the World Champs.

2. Last night, they won their 4th straight game.

Great thinking, Tammy!  The Mariners games should be super.

Sorry about your car issues, Holly  (Steve's quote is a good one, no?)

Love the trail note (and your 'cheating'  Erika).

Ran 2x yesterday, easy 6 in the am, then bridge repeats after work (came home to the best grilled catfish, thanks to DH!), so just went out for fun and a very leisurely 2 miles this am.  Really enjoyed sleeping in 'til nearly 6 am.  Long run tomorrow.

HAppy weekending everyone, and go go go all you racing RAers.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

lamerunner

Happy Friday! Lynne, sorry to hear of your sister's heart issues, and I hope things improve quickly..definitely does not seem fair.

Pretty nice morning here though it is starting to cloud up now.. I went over to the rail trail and ran about 8 miles; still very green there!  I hope to get a swim in too.  Not much of that this week; the downtown Y pool has been closed for maintenance and I just have not made out to the other branch, just 5 miles west.

Aamos, I have been meaning to mention, very impressive mileage lately! You are staying strong, very encouraging to one just a few years younger.

Happy Weekend!

JLynne - I will definitely be keeping your sister - your entire family - in my prayers.  We can't always understand why things happen, and as hard as it is sometimes, we have to trust and know that God knows what He's doing. {{{Love and Prayers}}}

Ribs - I'm glad I didn't have coffee or food in my mouth when I read #2 on your list.

Seems like Aamos has a bone to pick with Ribs re the Red Sox.

Have fun, Tammy and David!

Once again, getting out of bed at 5:00 a.m. simply was not an option.  *sigh*   I'll get out for 4 after work tonight.

Tomorrow I "get" to help The Hub with a big job.  I'll be on the business end of a weed wacker most of the day, as well as manning the riding mower.  I predict soreness come Sunday.

Have a great weekend ~~~

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance