Masters Running

Monday 9/12 Daily (Read 574 times)

Tramps

Some great running over the weekend.  Nicely done!

DW came home from a half-distance tri with 3rd place AG; a nice wine glass and fancy bottle of wine.  Hot and humid day but she met her goal of not leaving anything in the tank, as witnessed by a brief visit to the med tent afterwards.  (She’s fine.)

Just an easy 6.1 (8:25) for me this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

....way to go Mrs tramps//////////

.......RestDay........

..........................good running guys.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Slo

Some great running over the weekend.  Nicely done!

DW came home from a half-distance tri with 3rd place AG; a nice wine glass and fancy bottle of wine.  Hot and humid day but she met her goal of not leaving anything in the tank, as witnessed by a brief visit to the med tent afterwards.  (She’s fine.)

Just an easy 6.1 (8:25) for me this morning.

Tell DW Congrats Tramps...Nice Swag too.

BTW When is you next marathon ?

No run for me yet today. I crashed last night after a very busy weekend. Sat's race had the adrenaline at full flow...then I had to cover contractors at work the rest of the day. Back to work Sunday to finish what I didn't get done Saturday...but I was able to get a nice bike ride in with my youngest DD. Today  I'm hoping I can leave work early enough tonight for an easy 6 or so.

A little update on our race...I learned that a cone and a volunteer didn't make it to the 5k turn around. The spot was clearly marked and from what I gather most runners made the turn correctly albeit a little confused. I'm hoping to find out more.

Best get back to work...wishing everyone a great week of running!

King of PhotoShop

It's just great that we have so many couples who run or compete and that must make you very happy Tramps to see your wife perform so well.  The Saint is in the 55-59 AG and is in terrific shape right now, and sometimes picks up an AG award in running, which makes me very happy for her.

Today was 3 laps on the packed dirt (3.3 miles) for more recovery from Saturday's race, a bit stiff and sore.  Saturday is my big race and I am confident I will be very ready at the gun, hoping for a win.   Spareribs

Tramps

BTW When is you next marathon ?

November; Richmond.

Great job on the race organization.  And nice new avatar!

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

This just in:

I'm sorry...but I just got to share this...from an email that was just forwarded;

"Lori,

I’m sure you will be receiving a lot of positive feedback regarding the activities on Saturday so I am only sending the email to you in case you want to add my comments to other comments once they are received.

I spoke with 2 runners on Saturday who have run marathons and triathlons for the past 10 years. They have run in places like DeWitt and St. Louis and Chicago and they both told me this was the best organized race they have ever participated in.  The loved the course they and hoped we continue this race in years to come.

Additionally, I spoke with 2 volunteers who stated they were very pleased with their directions and information given to them. They knew exactly what their roles were and who they needed to speak with should they need assistance.  Each lady would volunteer again next year if asked.  One women worked the children’s activities and the other a race check point on Pershing.  

It is so nice to hear all positive feedback regarding this event.  I hope you are flooded with emails today expressing the same type of sentiments."

Lee Iacocco, when intruducing the ne line of Intrepids, concords and new yorkers said..."When it's your last time at bat...It sure is nice to hit a home run."  Well Lee...Hitting a home run for your first at bat ain't bad either.

I'm done tooting our horn...thanks for appeasing me Wink

Dave59

4 uncomfortable miles this morning.  I am up 6 pounds since Saturday morning and I don't feel like myself. 

Mike E

MM #5615

That's great Slo!  As far as I'm concerned you can post them all!

Congtratulations to Tramps DW!  Really cool!

Great post Slo...

Congrats to Tramps DW...a bottle of wine. awesome coming over now...

Spareribs nice to see Mrs Spareribs running well.

Did 26 minute ez run...hot here so I sweated buckets..felt pretty slow out there.

On the weekend I did my practice loop. 5.8K (lots of hills)

First time I did it a week ago I ran it in 28:16, slow and steady

On Saturday I ran a bit faster and ran it in 26:38 (some improvement.

Every week until my race on October 8th I will do a time trial and see if I can a bit quicker.

Its amazing how hard it is to push yourself after a two year hiatus...I feel like a slug and not a very good runner..still good to run though.

Have a great day

Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Share all you want, Slo.  It's nice to be patted on the back when it's deserved.

Congrats to Mrs. Tramps!!

{{{Dave}}}  Hope you feel more yourself soon.  Maybe the 6 lbs. is water weight. Smile

It's really warm here today (for Humboldt County).  I was surprised at the warmth when I got up at 5:00 a.m.  Needless to say, it was a very sweaty workout to the "Stable Body" DVD (40 min).  I could tell I've definitely lost some conditioning because of my laziness the past 2-3 weeks.  That was a tad irritating. Evil

Have a good day, peeps ~

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

............. and I don't feel like myself. 

...maybe you could feel like Antonio Banderas

..........always works for me....

hang in

there dave.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

...maybe you could feel like Antonio Banderas

TW  I'm sure that makes Dave feel a little better & everyone else too! 

Tramps congrats to DW...  

Slo great job!  

1:52:19 half on Saturday. I'm happy with that, it was just part of the marathon training so no taper & the weekend between 2 20 milers.     

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Slo

That's great Slo!  As far as I'm concerned you can post them all!

Really...You guys shouldn't encourage me.

Todays Headline

Mike, nice 25K.  I'm glad to hear the AT was ok.  DrRobin, way to go in your 5K being the 2nd masters female.  CNY, good job in your birthday 30K with 1st in AG.  heme, I envy you your brunch with henrun and marj.  Skip, an 82.95 mile week is impressive.  Tramps, congrats to your wife on her half distance tri and 3rd in AG.  Sarge, great half.

Nice long runs for holly and evan.

Normally, today wouldn't be a running day for me but I'm going to meet my son tomorrow for my first attempt at golf this year and won't have time to run.  Therefore, I did 4 miles this morning.  It was about 60° and there was a light breeze.  It took me about 41:30 for a 10:24 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

evanflein

Nice job for your DW, Tramps! I love how she gets out there and does those... should work on skipping the med tent stop though.

Sarge, a half marathon is a great training tool for a marathon. Well done on that time, too!

Slo, that's pretty cool! A front page article with photos! Looks like a perfect day, too.

I didn't bring my gym bag today, nor running bag. I'm not sure what to do with myself at lunchtime. Nice sunny day though, so maybe a walk is in order.