Masters Running

Sloshy Sunday, July (not June) 24 runs..... (Read 323 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Another 5 miles today.....slow and steady even miles. Loved Tag's song yesterday! Have a great one everybody and good luck to our racers.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Tramps

Sloshy?

Got up early to get some miles in before it heated up too much.  Managed 13 before deciding that was enough today.

Be safe. Be kind.

Two hour trail run with JJ Jessee this morning near Damascus VA - not sure of the mileage but lots of hills.  Did sections on the Iron Mt, Appalachian and Virginia Creeper Trails followed by a dip in the creek and then breakfast at MoJoes.  Great way to start my day.  Heading south to Gatlinburg, TN in a few hours.

Peace.

Skip

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Ran 3.1 miles, 9:39 avg pace. Was good for the body, even better for the mind and soul.

I think it's July 24.  I should know (hint, hint)

Skip, glad you got to see JJJ.  I miss him and we had the honor of him running on our Wasatch Back '09 team.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oops....I am going back in time! I have a feeling it is Happy Birthday OPIE'S day!?

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

I can take a hint... Happy Birthday Opie!!

almost 2 laps around the lake, just too hot
                11.5 miles in 1:43:25 (9:00 pace) followed by relaxing swim in the lake to cool down.. ahhh

54.7 miles this week at 9:03 pace with average running temperature 78.5° !!!!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Happy Birthday Opie!!

Drippy 8 hiily miles w/the club,  I led the 9:45 pace group to perfection Cool 1:18:00

When I hear sloshy I think of  the 35-39F mornings with fresh  snow melting and the shoes get soaked

Happy birthday Opie!!!  

Perch that's a good week in this weather...

Enjoy!  

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Nice pacing Sarge!

Happy Birthday Opie!

I've been on the road for work the past few days (Boone, NC) I had some great runs while away including 12 miles on the Green Way Trail yesterday before a big meeting. Covered birdges, rolling terrain, and not as hot up there in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I missed my guys though and Hudson was a wiggle-monster when I came in the door last night. He's sitting next to me right now---waving a big 'ole paw!  Ran 10 miles this morning with the running club group. We went out at 8:58 pace or so for the first 5 miles and came back in close to 8:00 pace. Dirt road that follows a river about 30 minutes north of me. Awesome. My weekly mileage is climbing, but all good so far. I'll run 6 with the kiddo this evening and will hit 70 miles for the week.

Nice run OM...you too Skip and with JJJesse---nice meet-up!

Happy Bday, Opie!

Oh, I haven't seen Jesse around here in ages.  Miss him.

Yea, OM!

Nice pacing, Sarge.

Just checkin' in.  Don't think I'll be getting a work out in today.  Too much to do, and my dad's coming for dinner. 

Have a great day, everyone, and GOOD LUCK TO OUR RACERS!

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

Happy Birthday Opie!! I hope you have a great day!

I really miss JJJ too. I see him occassionally at FB, but he's not a real frequent visitor there either. Sounds like a nice run that you had with him, Skip. Is this the first time you've met him?

Oh, and congrats on your 2nd AG in your race yesterday Opie.

I went out for a run this morning. no real plans on distance, but I was thinking somewhere between 8-10. It was already quite warm when I got out there at 8:00 and by the time I got to 7 miles, I was drenched, exhausted and never really enjoyed this run, so I said that's it. A bit humid this morning too and I think I've gotten all wimpy when it comes to weather with this cooler and wetter early summer we had. Today should hit upper 90's. and I plan on just sitting at the river this afternoon.

Tammy

Jlynne

Happy birthday Opie!

Glad the run helped OM.

Enjoy dinner with your father tonight Leslie.

Aren't you glad you moved to Michigan where it's cool, Perch? Wink

Awesome mileage week Karin - must be fun to run with your DS all of the time now.

Good pacing job Sarge.

I can see Tag's new CD coming out on ITunes. He'll be wearing his Batman cape....

7 miles for me. Tired of walking, wanna run. Like soon.

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy birthday, Opie!  Is this the big 5-0?  Welcome to the new age group!

OM, glad you got to run!  Did you move your arms? Cool

Skip, nice that you did a trail run with JJJ.  I remember he was always stopping to build cairns - did you do that today?

Tramps, I also got out early and ran 13 miles!  I ran the route of the trail half marathon held in our local state park, with the monster hills.  Actually I guess they're mountains.  Anyway, I forgot my Garmin, but that's OK, since I know the distance and don't run it fast anyway.  It was in the high 50's when I started, and although it was sunny, it was cool in the woods.  I was worried it would get hot but thankfully there was cloud cover by about mile 7, so it was perfect.  Close to 70° at the end. 

I saw several mountain bikers, several horseback riders, and maybe a couple dozen hikers today.  But no other trail runners.  What's up with that?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

perch, nice 10K in spite of the poor organization, heat, and humidity.  deez, way to go on longest run in quite awhile. opie, happy birthday and congrats on 2nd in AG.

Nice long runs for breger, Tramps, perch, CNY (a couple), and wild.

This morning, it was about 70°, 100% humidity, and almost calm.  I got in 5 in about 50:40 for a 10:08 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS