Masters Running

Good Friday...Friday 4/22 (Read 450 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Every Good Friday, I remind myself that Jesus did not die on the cross so that I could sin…no…Jesus died on the cross because He knew that I would sin.

One of the lines in the piece I'm soloing at the Good Friday Services today is "The Cross He Carried Was My Own".  Appropriate.

I ran a quick 6.1 miles this morning in a coolish 68° with a dry 60% humidity.  Love it.  Won't see many of these till about November.  I'm not feeling Fast at all right now.  But I'm just running to the Tempo effort and letting the Pace be what it will be.  I have to assume it'll come around eventually.  Within 6 weeks I hope!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Morning!     Thanks Mike for starting us off so appropriately today.

Nice run Byll.   You'll be back to your speedy, alien self in no time!

Slropez for the informative post last night.  

Thanks for the Brinkley hugs.   He cuddled on my lap this morning and I told him all about his cyberfriends.  

Nothing again today .... it has been one of those weeks I guess.   I'll get in two nice runs over the weekend though, one being around 13 miles I think.    Tonight we need to get the puppy area ready.     All she has to do is start panting and my HR goes up a little.    I will have some peace of mind when everything is where it needs to be, washed and ready. 

Today is also Earth Day.   

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Supportive vibes to all of you dealing with economic troubles, issues at home, health problems and the like.  Seems like more than our share of those around here lately.  Stay positive.

Cool morning, sproinky run.  Coincidence?  I think not.  7.2 EZ miles with some drizzling rain for the last couple of miles.

Have a great weekend.

ETA:  Go racers!

04/23 Holly S. - Tie Dye 50K, Yellow Springs, OH

04/23 Dave59 - Loons Pennant Race 5k, Midland, MI

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

Thanks Mike and Byl.

And thanks SRL for the post. I love this place, I love the log. I recommend it to everybody.

The lack of flashy colors and ads makes this a very work safe web sit. I have dual monitors and I can leave the RA page pulled up and it draws no attention. I am a little afraid that the ads will make it a little too noticable...But ya gotta do whatcha gotta do and Eric deserves to make a solid buck off his efforts here.

7.7 miles. Probably a little to fast but I guess that answer will come tomorrow.

Happy Easter Weekend all !

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Mary – what did the vet say about Brinkley’s treatment?

2.35 miles for me this morning in light rain with 4 x 100m striders.  Supposed to rain all night and into tomorrow, so I guess my 50k will be on the alternate flood route, which is apparently easier, but not as scenic.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh, yeah--Holly--good luck, tomorrow!  It's too bad we can't track you all day.  Oh--watch out for them leeches!

HermosaBoy

Run smart Holly -- I hear that fire gets rid of leeches...

4.3 miles with Miss Rosie this morning.  I swear that we saw a red fox not too far from home.  She sure thought it was something that she needed to chase.  Better keep my eyes open.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

4.2 easy miles---no watch for the upcoming months and just loosening the legs. Grey and cold out there this morning at 35 degrees.

{{{{{Brinkley, Mary, Hailey}}}}}}  Heart worm is treatable, but the toughest part of the treatment is keeping your dog (or cat or other pet) still and resting during treatment.  So sorry to hear the diagnosis Mary and glad that we'll be able to give you real hugs in late June!

Good luck Holly, Dave, and all others pinning on a number and racing this weekend.

SteveP

SteveP?  I was just wondering where Avenger Doggie went.

Every one likes the dog more than me...Sad I suppose they think Noah is cuter too....Confused

SteveP

Top 'O the World!

Good Morning!

I know I don't post in here much...read when I can.....

I hadn't been w/CR very long, maybe a year, & in fact, was a brand new runner (reeeal slow!) when the Active takeover/implosion happened. As I'm not very IT savvy & was so new to running, I followed some familiar "personalities" (SRL amongst them!) over to RA & Kick...I liked the format & log much better over here & chose to stay as a primary...the less than "warm & fuzzy" initial greeting kinda helped steer me into a cpl smaller groups... time mostly cured that issue but now, due to much busier life schedule, I don't do much more than reading various threads now... I guess I don't have much fear about Eric doing what he needs to do to keep the site viable. It's not the same thing at all as the CR takeover & he's taken very good care of us in here thus far!  Besides all the really cool folks I've gotten to know in here (some I've met IRL), one really great thing that came of the CR implosion was that it got my DH running! ~ Active somehow doubled my identity & then a race I'd registered for spit out two registrations....Sooo,  I asked DH if he'd want to run the 5K with me, to which he responded with, "Why would I want to do that?" I told him there was free beer at the end... But that he had to run/walk the 5K 1st Wink  

Well, I should get out of here & go brave the breeze for a few..

{{{Hugs to Brinkley!}}}

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Marathon Maniac #957

I hear that fire gets rid of leeches...

Note to self: pack blowtorch in drop bag.....

The race director put up a notice on the site officially confirming the change in route, due to flash flood warnings in the river gorge.  Hopefully the thunderstorms will pass before the start of the race, but at least it's supposed to warm up over night, and warm rain sure beats cold rain.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks Mtnchk - I hope you can check it with us more often!   Also, how great that your DH started running too!!

Larry - so sorry to read about all the work issues.   I hope you get back out running again soon.  Hang in there!

SteveP - cute picture!   Look how Noah has a hold of Avenger Doggie's foot.  Smile

Goodness Gracious Holly ..... good luck tomorrow!!!    It'll be Monday before I know how you did without a home computer right now.   So don't make me worry!    As for Brinkley, we can try these chewable heartworm pills (once a month) for 4-6 months and then have him rechecked .... or we can go with the the shots.   He would get two in his lumbar area each 24 hours apart.   This is very agressive and the down side is that he would have to be kept totally calm for a whole month.    No chasing a ball, running with mom, chasing the quad, all the things he loves.   If he were to get active as the worms are getting killed off, it could send parts of the worm into his blood stream and maybe cause a blockage or anuerism.  Based on the fact that we think we caught this early, we are going to do the chewables and then get him rechecked.   With any luck and lots of prayers, it will come back negative.    If not, we will do the shots and hope that it is easier to keep him quiet come the fall/winter months. 

~Mary

~unknown

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary - does he normally take heartworm meds every month, like HeartGuard or Iverhart? 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh yes, we do the heartworm preventative monthly.    I was SO shocked to find out he has this!     We use the Revolution Heartworm, flea and tick all in one ointment.    The pill he'll be taking is the Heartguard Plus.

~Mary

~unknown