Masters Running

Happy FRIDAY 3/27 Runs and Rests (Read 427 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

That 10 mile run I did yesterday left me in such a mellow great mood for hours after.
    Enke, isn't that the most wonderful feeling...it's kinda like a drug, but better...WTG!!!! Smile TBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Erika...this has bugged me allll day long girl. We all say good run - great run - greta run - WTG - and such, and really mean it here at RA. But, later in the afternoon I looked at your log on your 10 mile tempo run....your not so good about posting times and paces ya know! But after looking at your training log, I noticed your time and pace...that was a great tempo run @ 8:05 pace - 1:20 and some change. I was the one who asked ya to make your log visable to people that would like to see it, and learn from a awesome runner....thanks. There was a comment about that being "maybe" too long for a "tempo run", nope...a perfect distance and great run for a person who runs Marathons. I personally think 10 miles is the perfect distance....not too far, not too short, but just right...WTG Ok, feel much better now TimBO
      Thanks, Tim. And no, I try not to go into too much detail anymore. I used to, just ended up boring myself so figured I was putting others to sleep! Thanks for the comments. I ended up not running yesterday. It was DS1's 17th birthday, and after work I went to pick up the software he's been wanting (Corel Paint X) and then found a really perfect card. He got to call the shots for dinner (pancakes, go figure) and we had a good time just hanging out. I thought about running, but decided nah. Karin, I had a cracked molar that split when I was at a dinner hosted by a vendor at a conference. I was just talking to him, and all of a sudden felt something back there. It didn't come all the way apart, but it made the rest of the trip pretty uncomfortable. Got a new crown out of that one. Taking the day off work today, working on stuff around the house and running errrands I can't do during the week. But being home alone (well, with the dog and cat) is so nice... it's so quiet and peaceful. I just want to sit around and read the last week's papers and stuff and drink coffee... I really should do this more often.
        Mariposai, thanks so much. I really don't know how to get around in Runningahead yet. Thanks for helping. I only see one place on the group areas that says "Reply", and don't know how to address a particular person or a particular subject. That place is toward the top of the page, so I am confused. Anyway, thanks for putting my message in the correct place. Eventually I will get it! At the same time, I am trying to learn to use a great watch that Econo gave me for my birthday, and my husbands heart rate monitor. I am facinated with all the new toys, but you can tell from all these difficulties that the new gizmos are frustrating to this oldwannabie. I read you guys logs, and am so inspired. Smile This is a rest day for me too, except for floor exercises. Darn! I'd rather head for the woods. Have a great Friday! MaEcono

Marathon Maniac #3309

I'd rather head for the woods.
          I had to do that once last night on my run...but different than what your talking about Clowning around. Ya think people know what is going on when a runner runs off the street, and makes a bee line to the woods Smile Big hearty welcome MaEcono - I'm the forum nut case...but GGTK TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Greetings, MaEcono! I'm one of your daughter's and marvelous grandson's biggest fans. Hope to meet you real soon one of these soon-to-be-spring days. grins, Amy, watching the snow melt ever so slowly in South Dakota, but glad not to be in the flooded plains of North Dakota.
            Masters 2000 miles
            PJH

Hi everyone! No running today or the next 3-4 days. Had a ultrasound-guided cortisone shot (dexametursone) today in the 'pubic symphysis' area (ouch!). Feel fine but will need to ice the area, take some Advil and generally watch it for the next few days. I also have a 'dynamic ultrasound' scheduled for Monday designed to assess whether or not I have a sports hernia. Hopefully I don't, but am excited about potentially seeing some healing progress over the next few weeks. Meanwhile, I'll be feeling like a slug until I can get back running. One distraction this weekend is the running the Hamilton Around the Bay 30k race - the oldest race in North America I believe. It's a very hilly route and a great Boston tune-up for many runners. I'm planning on being a spectator and cheering my running buddies on. Great running everyone! Have a great weekend! PJ

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Welcome MaEcono! How exciting to have you with us. You will be a pro on this site before you know it.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Nono and henrun - congrats on your miraculous healing and subsequent good runs!
                  Thanks Sue. I don't know about henrun, but I think G*d got tired of my begging... Wink Greeting WoodsLady (cool screen name). Hope you post often. Planted a rose bush after reporting in here this morning...trying to help Spring -- um -- spring!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Big welcome to MaEcono aka Woods Lady! Glad to have you posting here. Your daughter is a lot of fun but can be a troublemaker sometimes. Probably nothing you don't already know though. PJH, I sure hope no sports hernia. That'd be a bummer. Hope the shot works for you and you're back out there soon. 5.1 easy miles on the treadmill, watching the snow come down. We were doing so well with no new snow and all the plowing was getting caught up... here we go again. Nothing like the blizzards in Colorado, though. I can see why I usually don't take a day off after a tempo run. Took me almost 3 miles to get into the swing of things today, just in time to wrap it up. I still think taking the day off yesterday was a good choice, but my legs were a little cranky today.
                      hovering nervously, wringing hands.... StevieRay, that is what I'm worried about! Don't stop with the salty language & topics! I'll figure out some way to convince her that people on this site really are suuuuper nice, despite the dreadful things they may post... heh. Woods Lady; oh, the stories I could tell you about some of these characters....I'll take bribes if you want to hear 'em. Econo, Daughter of an Age Group Ace P.S....to post a new thread, go to the masters forum level. There's a button at the top and bottom of the page on the right hand side that says "New Topic." Voila!
                      xor

I did 10.3 miles this morning instead of 9ish (I wanted to check out the course we'll be using tomorrow), but I did my speedy stuff. Who wants to bet whether I actually go out for my 4.4 mile post office run here in an hour or so?

Renee the dog

Who wants to bet whether I actually go out for my 4.4 mile post office run here in an hour or so?
                          Ohhh, $5 says NO!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Happy Friday Folks!! Welcome MaEcono!! Henrun - hope you and Marj have a great run out there tomorrow with all the Boston runners - it is a great time of year to live in Boston!! No energy at the gym today - 30 minutes bike then the treadmill but after .5 mile realized my heels hurt too much and wasn't worth it......15 min arc trainor followed by some abs and stretching All this talk of massage today leaves me wishing i listened to my body and did the same........i bought a new pair of Adrenaline's 2 weeks ago - Adrenaline 8 ......... the first time i switched to Brooks Adrenaline 6 i bought a narrow - felt good, next Adrenaline 7 bought a medium -- no major troubles but did have that back injury act up ........... now in the 8's let the salesperson tell me i could go either narrow or medium but with warm months coming up i should probably go with medium - so i did ............and think now it was a mistake. My heels are aching so bad i couldn't run today -- either they changed the sole and it's too rigid or less cushioned for me or the medium is just big enough that my heels are coming up slightly and causing too much impact. I'm not sure which - any thoughts?? i'm just bummed - don't want anything hurting so taking an older pair of sneakers with me to Myrtle Beach tom morning and hopefully will be able to get a decent run or two in while i'm away.

denise

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Amy, watching the snow melt ever so slowly in South Dakota, but glad not to be in the flooded plains of North Dakota.
                              Oh, good, I was wondering what part of ND you were in, Amy! My grandfather was a federal agent on an Indian reservation for awhile, so my mom lived in Fargo from the time she was 7 to 10 years old. She just remembers it being very cold! I ran the 5-mile route of the Yarmouth Clam Festival race today, plus some extra to make it 7.1 miles. It's a little hilly, but not 12:08 mpm hilly! What's up with that?!? Oh, well, at least I didn't walk any. I DID have to go extra slowly through the Royal River Park, because there was still ice and snow on the path.
                              xor

Ohhh, $5 says NO!
                                There's that nono love. You lose. I ran. Wahoo for the coconuts.