Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 7/13/08 (Read 762 times)

Ultrachick

Thanks Holly and I hope you're feeling better. I didn't get the dirt suggestion either and how does not rubbing dirt on your butt make us stubborn? Here's my schedule for the week-back to base pace to recover from last weekend...
    DayPlanActualCommentary
    Monday4 4.3 Easy day
    Tuesday89.1 Easy trail run & 5K trail race
    Wednesday1413.5 Humid and tired
    Thursday64.1Cutting it short to rest up for weekend runs
    Friday OffOff (kinda)Didn't run but lifted weights
    Saturday1010Warm out today so kept doing loops through the woods to stay cooler
    Sunday2020Last 5 miles in rain-at least it's warm!
    Total6261Good week having done a 50 miler the weekend before.
    Kelly
    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly, it's me again just like I hoped when summer came. Sunday (July 6) - 26.2 miles Saturday (July 12) - 20 miles getting lost on planned 15 mile warm-up to Cougar Mountain Series run ps - regarding your you-know-what, maybe it needs what ilene's kneaded.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

HermosaBoy

Thank you Holly!!!
        For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run or aspire to run 40 miles/week. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard... I hope you guys don’t mind if I hang around while my butt-thigh injury heals, since I’m probably still not able to get 40 miles in.... Here’s the tally from last week. Let me know if you see an error or if I missed you.
        WhoMilesCommentary
        Hermosaboy81 And you call this week SHORT on mileage...Smile
        Well, if I wouldn't have missed some workouts, it would have been a weekly pr...
        DayPlanActualCommentary
        Sun – AM00
        Sun – PM55 REALLY sore after 25 trail race on Saturday
        Mon – AM3.250 Sleep
        Mon – PM55 Still sore…
        Tues – AM3.250 Sleep
        Tues – PM68 Includes 3 sets of1.5 mile repeats – 800 @ 10k pace, 800 @ ½ marathon pace and 800 @ 5k pace. 400 recovery
        Wed – AM3.253.3 WONDERFUL morning for a run!
        Wed – PM9.59.5 Ski hills – enough said
        Thu – AM3.253.5 Another great morning
        Thu – PM66.1 Legs are back
        Fri – AM3.250 Sleep
        Fri – PM50 Hot, humid and stormy – turned into a day of total rest.
        Sat – AM105 Watching the Lifetime Triathlon and doing hill repeats
        Sat – PM00 Relaxation
        Total62.7545.6 Unplanned down week, but legs feel better for it!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

HermosaBoy

edit -- see above Clowning around

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Thanks again Holly. You are the rock. Final tally: Mon - 7 on grass at 8:34 pace, hot--92f Tue - 6 on grass at 8:38; bad air quality to today but not as bad early morning Wed - 11 miles with 4 w/u on grass, then 4 x 1600 x 200 jog at 6:42 avg on track; c/d with strides Thu - 7 at 8:38 pace on grass loop Fri - 7 miles same as yesterday Sat - 9 miles including 5k club race on track (19:41) Sat - 16 miles on rolling asphalt at 8:32 avg pace Total Miles - 63
            Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

MM #7877

M - 9.2 @ MP. T - 8 - included 6x1200 and swimming XT. W - 9 @ MP. T - XT - elliptical & swimming. F - 6 M ez pace. S - 6.5 M. (Warmup, Rockford 5K, repeat course for cool down) S - 15 M. Total - 53.7 M.

Philippians 4:13.

TomD

Low mileage this week. I have been sick all week. I finally feeling good again. TomD
                  I'll try not to take in personally that you left me off the tally. Cry Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong