Masters Running

June Masters Miles (Read 47 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

"May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view."  ~ Edward Abbey

Happy July!  This year sure is going fast, isn't it?   Time to post your monthly miles, and any PRs or AG awards.  Also, since the year is half over, how's your yearly mileage in relation to your goals?

Awards given, as usual, for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, prime numbers, cool totals, and anything else noteworthy!

This picture is from the Bighorn Wild and Scenic Trail run, around mile 30.  The wildflowers are one of my favorite things about this course!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

54 for June.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Just a dude.

210.6 for me in June... 1065.6 for the year. Goal is 2500. Have some work to do in the second half...

1 Race: 1600 meters in 5:35.

Lost 7 pounds...

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

evanflein

213.6 for June

1,228.1 YTD

Since my goal originally was 2,000 for the year, I'm ahead of things right now. Not sure if I'll up the goal to 2,400 or not. I've only run that many miles in a year once before.

2 races, 2 x 1st in AG, but no PRs.

225 for the month and 909 for the year (+1000 km of xc skiing in the winter)

Did the same two races that Erika did and 1st age group in those (exact same times as last year, actually within 0.2 in the 10K and 0.1 in the mile). Ran a 6 mile trail race as a moderate tempo effort and somehow was 1st. Go figure.

Taking a short break before building up for more trails and more miles in July and August.

Marathon Maniac #957

No prime number....

171.8 June

984.7 ytd

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Probably should be embarrassed to post only 63.3 miles for the month, but I'm over it.  Besides, how many folks can say they tripled their monthly miles?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Sayhey! MM#130

379 miles for June.  Not many races, just lots of long runs and running club meet-ups.

1 AG at Grandma's Marathon, 3:22

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

SubDood

193.9 miles for June, and 1322.8 miles YTD. Almost exactly on pace to match my 2013 mileage PR (2647.2 miles).

1st in AG in a local 5K.

Fletch

64.3 miles for June.  380 for the year.  Need to average 24 per week for the remainder of the year to hit goal of 1000.  Piece of cake!

Walk-Jogger

Arghh! Messed up my right heel, probably a stress fracture, so only 29 miles for all of June. Lowest month since last September.

Running Miles:

June:    29 

YTD:     696

Goal:     1750 (not looking good to make this)

Cross Training:

Biking Miles

June &  YTD:     210

Incline Treadmill

30% slope Hill Climb (walking):  16 miles of uphill walking, 25,633' total elevation gain.

I ran one track race in June, 1 mile, 1st place M55+, broke my masters 1 mile PR, set a race age-group record and ran my fastest mile in over 25 years, so the month wasn't a total bust.

Retired &  Loving It

A pathetic 94 miles for June, 573 YTD.

Took 10th place in my AG out of 228 at a 10k and ran legs in two different marathons. Not many miles but some good races with good friends.  Hoping July will be better...

C-R

Thanks Carolyn.

194.4 and a new mile PR

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

MM #7877

total miles - 208.6

Thanks for keeping this going

Philippians 4:13.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

May 2014
                                tetsujin - 7 primiles
                                YTD - 241.1
                                Dear wildchild -

What a great Bighorn Wild and Scenic Trail.

I would have loved it.

thanks for the prime idea.
                                It’s my first. Sorry about yours though. ha haa.
                                ps - No tripling but nearly doubled May’s mileage
                                to avoid being leastest again. thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)