Masters Running

Thu Nov 6 Runs and Workouts (Read 543 times)

Good morning, everyone! What will we watch on TV without all those political ads, huh? Is it unseasonably warm everywhere or just here? It was 58°F in Maryland this morning -- seems a bit warm for November, although very nice to run in. Light drizzle wasn't bothersome, but I could have done without the wind. The newspaper guy followed or led me for about 1.5 miles of my run this morning. I was constantly dodging his pickup truck -- he seemed oblivious. At least we got our paper on time this morning. 8.2 miles, 1:07, 8:17/mi, AHR 154 (GA) Good runs to you all.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Lou - we are supposed to get a record high of 70 today and then start plummeting tomorrow with snow/rain predicted for the weekend!! Yuck..... I slept in today - well sorta - I laid there for a little while. Not much sleep last night, so I turned off the alarm clock and I will get my run in tomorrow since I have the day off to help DD#1 move outta the house. I think it will be a very theraputic kind of run. Saturday I'm signed up for a 5K Turkey Trot. I don't expect to do well - I just want the shirt and the goodies at the end - "Just Desserts" is the running club that sponsers it. That is exactly what the refreshments will be too .... Enke - I hope your back is feeling better today! Bill - how is your wife??

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Is it unseasonably warm everywhere or just here? It was 58°F in Maryland this morning -- seems a bit warm for November, although very nice to run in. Light drizzle wasn't bothersome, but I could have done without the wind.
        It is cetainly unseasonably warm here in Northern New England, on my way to work this morning it was 59 degrees with a light drizzle. I'll have to get my run in at lunch time today since I have to stay late this evening for night time qualifications which we do once a year...of course it has to rain doesn't it. Angry

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Warm here for sure but not this morning.. 48F but going to 75! 2 Magical Healing run/walk miles on weak but improving legs. I've run 20-22 miles in training many times and never have had sore or trashed quads and other muscles. Why is it when I run a marathon, the quads get trashed? Others have experienced the same thing. Why?? How to prevent? Hmm

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

The Jogger

Morning Gang Thanks for opening Lou, you just can't get away from that news, can you? Even the paper guy is chasing you Smile Mary, I'm coming over to run it for the desserts, you can have my shirt.......Steve, it's because you run so fast in marathons..... Today was a hilly cross country run, MrsRoy told me Woody's back legs were stiff after yesterdays long one, so we did a short but very steep hilly grass run, it took my breath away, literally....... Anyway: 3.5m 40:45 @ 11:39 pace AHR 145 Good Runs All Roy

Hill Runner

Good morning all, The weather here in NC is just perfect this time of year...46 and sunny. The Fall foliage is at it's peak right now. Just beautiful! 10.16 miles of hills @ 8:54 pace. Good runs to everyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
              Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
              Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Thanks for the warm wishes to my DW yesterday. You are all too nice. Her leg is looking a little better today. She's wearing a Compression Sock on it most of the time. 5 marathon pace 8:30 miles this morning in beautiful 60F degree weather. I'm hoping to bust a nice HM this weekend and nice temps. would help me greatly. Even though I train in this soup I really don't run well in high H&H. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Vacation Day today Big grin Just sitting here enjoying my coffee... Big grin Election over & I voted for quite a few winners.. That's scary! What's the world coming to... Shocked Mary go ahead & run for the desserts you've earned it. Wink Roy those steep grassy hills will really strengthen the legs. Election chalked me up alot of overtime working security. No political ads, like Lou said what will we watch... I love those E-trade ads with the baby Cool About 10 degrees above normal here too. Got to clean up the last of the leaves and put the mower away for the winter. Last evening was the 1st Wednesday nite run in the dark, it's a trail run so it is dark. A couple of young ladies new to the club had never ran in the dark before so they wanted stay by me. It's so hard to get away from my security responsibilities Big grin It was very nice to run with someone different.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Everyone... Boy, did I over sleep this morning. I was having these weird dreams that were telling me it was only 5:00, but when I looked at my clock it was almost 8:00 Shocked Oh well, I was at work really late last night taking care of my end of Month responsibilities, and taking my mind off not being able to run Sad Oh yeah, last night I also dreamt I met Ileneforward...don't know where "that one" came from, but she was a really nice lady Wink Got in another "crack'n" non run in last night. Kinda rough at first till I got cooled up Big grin My foot feels better today, but look forward to my foot doctor's visit in the morning....to get the wimmin here off my back Wink Steve, after my Marathon attempt, my quads hurt more than they ever had, and I only ran 16 miles. And still today that are very tender and sore Confused Wish I knew why also.... Well, need to get some work in, will check back in later. TimBo PS: Have I told you all lately....that I luv all you guys and gals Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

good morning! Bill, I'm glad your DW is doing a little better. sure would be nice to have an answer for what's causing it. Roy..
                      Lou, you just can't get away from that news, can you? Even the paper guy is chasing you
                      Big grin. warm here too, & very beautiful. {{{ Enke }}} I'm so sorry! Nice running, nice not running, you all. good luck at the doctor's, Tim. at the gym.. 10 min. walk, 2.5 mile run, 9:58 average pace, 7:55 max. 171 ahr, 192 mhr. 26 min. on the elliptical, 12 min. on the bike, 2 sets on the weight machines, stab. ball reverse crunches side planks & russian twists. stretch. Sorry! that almost takes as long to type as it does to do. I'm trying just a little run before the cardio equipment, and will increase it a little each time. it hurts some but does not get to the 'stop now you idiot' point. I hope I can do at least this much & keep healing. And that I am not delusional. Wink. mta, I'm hoping my Polar is off again looking at those numbers. a clue.. it said my mhr during my walk was 193. Confused
                        7 miles this morning and I echo everyone's comments about the great weather. Sunny and 56F but still windy. That's the good news. The bad news is what's coming - snow, wind and cold temps are predicted for the weekend. I think I'm going to have to start looking for my YaxTrax, gloves, winter socks, etc. Still, I'll stay outside as long as I can to keep off that dreadmill! Some great runs this morning. Roy - your scenery must be awesome. How's your weather lately? Sarge - my favorite E-Trade with the baby is the one where he hires Bobo the clown! Clowning around We're driving to Milwaukee to see Bob Dylan in concert tonight. My DH is not a fan, so he's doing this for me. I have several Dylan CD's. Think I'll play them during the drive to get him in the mood! Have a great day, everyone.
                          Bill - I didn't comment on your wife last night because I thought I'd comment this morning. Of course by the time I finish my run I'm thinking "what did I want to say and to who?" because all the blood has moved out of my brain. Glad to hear things are looking a little better today. I hope the improvement keeps progressing.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Tramps

Yup, warm, humid, and windy here too. That's fine with me; get it over with now. Did 7 miles with 6 of them at MP’ish pace. Legs felt heavy and I was sweating up a storm in this weather.

Be safe. Be kind.

Have I told you all lately....that I luv all you guys and gals Smile
                              Glad to hear this, because there have been times when I felt, well, insecure about our relationship. Yesterday Tramps wrote, "I respect the fact that for some people a marathon is a huge accomplishment and can really change their outlook, but for me it’s never really been a big deal." When I wrote much the same thing the day before, I got attacked; but when my arch-enemy Tramps writes it, embedded in his usual cloud of slick, plausible verbiage, it slides by like the proverbial sh*t through a goose. Taking a break from grading Latin exams, while I wait for a truck from Staples to deliver a pallet of boxes containing red pens. Dark Horse
                              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                                Good Morning! Let me be the first to break the weather bubble y'all are in today. I am sitting at my desk here at home, while a blizzard is clobbering us outside. The Interstate is closed about halfway across the state, from Spearfish to Murdo (out near Pierre, in mid-SD). Could barely get the door open this morning to take out Frank, who after a quick whiz, wanted desperately to return inside. I insisted we continue on in the wind and through the drifts; he let me know he wasn't happy but took care of business with alacrity so we could head back to shelter. The courthouse and just about everything else in West River is closed today. So, no running for me! It's in the 20s but the windchill puts it at about 10. Good runs to the rest of you, and enjoy those warm temps. Do not take your good weather for granted! I am jealous and really think North Carolina is looking good. Cool Icily yers, A
                                Masters 2000 miles