Masters Running

Thu Nov 6 Runs and Workouts (Read 543 times)

TammyinGP

what's this talk of a house in Seattle? seriously? I'd be coming up with a female friend most likely, so if there is room, we'd probably go in on this also. And don't go telling me that there is some group that's been formed to discuss this. I'm on to you all now and not falling for it again . . .

Tammy

The house idea sounds good (maybe we should form a group and share emails? What will we have to do to convince Tammy that there really is a group, in that event Confused) Erika, I think Holly has my email, at least, that's what Mainerunr claims. It's prolly the work one, though. Neat! Oh, and Tim, the course is not too hilly, as I remember it from last year. Check out the website and see what you think. I have a friend who always raises a lot of $$ for the Heroes program that gives to the Children's Hospital. I loved Memphis and the race, and meant to do fundraising but got caught up with our own medical issues, but next year, it a high priority. This year, I'm just running it. Oh, yea, it is still snowing. It's a good thing Frank and I are not very wide-bodied, as the door opening is getting progressively narrower every time we head outside. Of course, the shovel is locked in the garage so I'm hoping some kiddoes come by this afternoon to get me started by shoveling a path to the garage! grins, A
      Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #957

but my awful green shirt that I tied around my waist got all turned around and looks like some sort of funky running skirt.
        OMG, I nearly spewed diet Mt. Dew all over my keyboard when I read that....I just came back from looking at the photos and that's EXACTLY what I thought it looked like - some sort of running skirt with the waistband rolled down. I was going to ask you about that.... Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika, I think Holly has my email, at least, that's what Mainerunr claims. It's prolly the work one, though.
          Actually, I got the e-mail from Mainerunnah so that I could pass it on to Erika - we're stalking you, Amy, you may as well know.... Big grin Tammy - yes, yes! Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

if you go to the brightroom website for the NYC marathon and type in my bib # (11457), you will see why I am prohibited from posting a RR.
            I used to like the beloved Red Sox but not anymore if they're keeping you from doing for a very special NYC what you did for MCM. We taperers need as many RR's as possible while we're not doing it. dickyg - Boston '64 was your first marathon? I think that even beats the ancient one. tammy - RnR goddess lodging already arranged. Look for a pink door.Smile tim - already thinkin' about fudgin'? bet neither of you can make to to double figures. - your friend the taper king (day 12 of 29 'till tammy day on 11/23)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #3309

tim - already thinkin' about fudgin'? bet neither of you can make to to double figures. - your friend the taper king (day 12 of 29 'till tammy day on 11/23)
              Lets see...double digits would be Next Tues 11/11 for me, and Weds 11/12 for Twokitty...no prob for me, don't know about the other guy Big grin Ok, this is getting harder I will admit - Boy this has been really easy, piece of cake as I smell victory Cool Hey, if I run one day, wouldn't that make me and Twocat even Confused And, this is not really fair...you have Tammy to look forward to Evil grin. Heck, I could not run for a year looking forward to that privilege Smile...you lucky Dawg! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

Oh yea, I did go to the gym for some upper body work. Lousy non-running weather here in CT! It is 60° out! I can pretty much guarantee above average temperatures here for oh say the next two and a half weeks. Angry dg. happy to oblige! Non-running means more posting time available each day. Gotta look on the bright side! Big grin Nice gym workout yesterday now get back out on the road! Smile
                yay. & wt tough it out inside on a day like that. thanks!! I'm happy to oblige too! I was trying to join the 40/0 club last week (before it was a club) but i didn't have enough courage or conviction. Holly. Twokitty says I can run. Big grin. Ok, i'm just being a brat. my piriformis & shins have been bad for a month so I'm finally paying a little attention to them. thanks for your encouragement. very true about the biright side. we might as well. it won't change anything if we don't. and it's free, usually. Lou, you made me look. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Pi_Bill It was almost true! Tall, that's beautiful. thanks. happy eating. Doug, you're funny. Amy. It was your 50th state. please please. maybe it would make the snow melt.
                  I'm never going to lift more than 20 pounds ever again, maybe. I did this same thing a year or two ago, but it seems a little worse this time. The joys of ageing!
                  I sure hear you on that, enke. Luckily, the family across the street has a football-star teenage son who's always looking to pick up some extra change, so I hire him to do my lifting now. The very last thing my DW and I attempted to move ourselves was a safe that we had to get up to our 2nd floor. Never again! Just got back from a nice, warm 28-mile bike ride. Then it's falling temps and highs just in the 40s all next week.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

DickyG

LOVED all the great pix on the brightroom site..I have to say that all our RA runners looked great...Erika & Amy are two beautiful women! Tim:
                    How old are you, about 140
                    Actually, I'll be 141 in a couple weeks... Amy: Deadwood got 40 inches? I heard on the radio this afternoon that Spearfish got 15...but 40? Hopefully, the liftlines are short. Teresa: I've never tried pool running, but the folks I know who have absolutely swear by it. Tet:
                    dickyg - Boston '64 was your first marathon? I think that even beats the ancient one.
                    I was a junior in college. Although I had been running for a few years, had never run more than about 10 miles...it was a horrible experience. Have to take off early tomorrow morning for Kentucky...I have no idea where Kentucky is. DickyG
                    wildchild

Carolyn

Amy. It was your 50th state. please please. maybe it would make the snow melt.
                      Yeah, Amy, since you're snowed in anyway, how 'bout that RR? Please? We all enjoyed your MCM report so much... Erika, maybe you're starting a new fashion trend, with a shirt tied around your waist and turned around so it looks like a funky skirt! Either that, or you owe a big fine for having something tied around your waist! And where's YOUR RR, huh? I went out for a carpe 4 mile run at lunch. This is my 3rd bad run in a row - not sure what's up, but I'm due for a good run any day now. Undecided

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Erika - LOL!! It looks like a running skirt in some pictures and a loin cloth in others!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

What I find even funnier - Erika - is that you didn't notice after you were done and posed for those pictures!! Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Have to take off early tomorrow morning for Kentucky...I have no idea where Kentucky is.
                            Take a left at the burnt out stump, another left at the fork in the road, a right at the corn liquor still, and you're there!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

What will we watch on TV without all those political ads, huh?
                              Surely, ads for Christmas shopping can't be far away. I was just at the dentist's office and heard "Holly Jolly Christmas" on the radio. Nearly bit the hygenist's mirror in half! Holly & Mary - I'm hooked on House, too. Don't you wish you could come up with the zingers that he does AND get away with saying them sometimes? Did my graduate work in Princeton, and even though I know they shoot in Hollywood, I love the fly-over's of the University campus after the commercials. No run today. Mom has bronchitis, so I'm going over to make her dinner and spend the evening with her. We have an in-service tomorrow, but I'm taking a personal day, so I'll get in a rare Friday morning run instead. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

TammyinGP

DickyG, when is your birthday? Tim - is Seattle a practical option for you? I can't remember where you live. Why not come out to Seattle for a little R&R. I'm bringing a single friend. Cool

Tammy