Masters Running

Sunday, June 5 runs and relaxation (Read 573 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow, what a great day for our racers yesterday! I got out for 5 this morning in a bit less humid conditions. Now I have a house to clean and a graduation open house this afternoon. If we time it right, I won't have to fix dinner.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

mornin' hopeful//....hug a puppy for me

=======

this morning

it has been 2-years since I started to ReHab my arthritic hips

I had sekritely

decided to Quit Running

if I hadn't improved, and was still in almost constant pain after two years.

what

A Trip this has been,

and

what Lessons I have Learned from it.

after not being able to get over a 2-INCH STEP two Junes ago

I can now

Run 2 times a week

reelmow upto 90minutes

and

hike upto 2-hours

like my

Old Running Buddy

told me;

''it doesn't look Any Dumber than when you ran with HeavyHands for 22-years""

My Thanks

to everyone on this Form for putting up with me

for 24-months while I did it.

I'll try not to Whine as much from here on.........

n0t

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TW, if you whine, I'll start singing that country song, "There's a Tear in My Beer."  I could whine about the lack of a breeze this morning but I won't.  With a little over 5 miles this morning, I made 40 miles this week and feel a little worn out, but it was worth it.  I am so happy for the racers!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TW, if you whine, I'll start singing that country song, "There's a Tear in My Beer." ....

...having

had

to get you

off that TableTop at the Knoxville Brewery

when you sang your'' Frank Sinatra Medley''

I will keep

that in mind.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TomW - you continue to be an inspiration to me, and I think everyone else on this forum. Congratulations on your 2-year anniversary. You've come a long way, baby. Smile

Hope you ran a mile for me this morning Mary. Have fun at the graduation open house this afternoon.

Congrats on the 40 mile week Opie.

Excellent racing by a lot of folks yesterday. Erika, Mariposai and Holly, and especially Dave. Wow - you rocked that 5k yesterday! I'm anxious to read everyone's RR.

I broke the rules and walked 3 miles this morning. An absolutely beautiful morning here with a light breeze and temps in the high 60's. DH and DS are off playing golf and I wanted so much to go with them. And my 68 year-old sister who continues to excel at everything is doing a triathlon with her daughter this morning. I'm hoping that all this time being a "good patient" will reward me later this summer. 'Cause it's sure hard not being out there with all of you...

Tramps

''it doesn't look Any Dumber than when you ran with HeavyHands for 22-years""

Big grin That's the attitude!  Seriously, congratulations on all your hard work the last couple years.  That's really inspirational stuff...all done while keeping your priceless sense of humor.  Thanks.

And congrats to our weekend racers.  Sounds like warm temps didn't prevent a successful day. 

Erika--a 3:30, huh?  We ought to run one together some day! Wink

Cross-training day for me...chores, chores, chores....

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

TomW - you continue to be an inspiration to me, and I think everyone else on this forum. Congratulations on your 2-year anniversary. You've come a long way, baby. Smile

+1

Leslie - 6:03:XX, I think, but am waiting for the official results to post.  After that, I may post a short RR to highlight the main points.

11 slow and gentle miles on the TM this morning watching Burlesque.  Now we're off to the pool for a couple hours.  Grocery, errands, weeding on the agenda for later.....maybe a short nap in there somewhere....Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

tomwhite it is good to see persistence and determination pay off.

Congratulations to our racers from 5k to full marathon!  Congratulations to Erika and Mariposai on surviving the race day heat and humidity.  Who knew it ever got over 65 in the PNW?  Confused  Nature's little joke to schedule a heat wave the day of a marathon.  Alas, not much we can do about it but run the race.  Just one tough day to do it.

I decided to skip even trying to run today.  I figured how much could things have changed since yesterday.  Plus, I do not want to risk any chance of injuring the ankle again. So it was straight on to the elliptical for me.  My DW however took advantage of the simply stunning running weather around here and went off for 5 miles.   I think she is well on her way to making it to a HM at the end of this month.  I guess I will have to get my cheer leading outfit unpacked!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Congratulations to Erika, Mariposa, and Rasmussenmd on their marathon race yesterday in very high heat and humidity.  I had the pleasure of cheering them all in.  Erika came in 9 minutes before I was really expecting her - looking fresh as a daisy, and with no complaints!.  She was 1st in her age group.  Mariposa ran a good race, but had some heat problems, but still ran her 2nd best Marathon.  Rasmussen did have some problems, but was fine afterwards, and we all had seafood for lunch along the Bay.  I was so proud of my runner friends, and it was such fun to see them in person.    

Congratulations to the other racers of yesterday.  

lamerunner

Good morning! Great races yesterday Erika and Mariposai and Newport and Holly in the 50k. Very impressive.

8 miles this morning, had hoped to get out to some trails but did not wake up in time. Had to get DS to soccer.

Local pool/tennis club opening bbq soon then a late afternoon soccer game.

Holly you are impressive, 11 miles today?? 

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly...11 miles after yesterday, and on the treadmill no less.....wow! I will hug a puppy for you TW, maybe even two on your 2 year anniversary....congratulations! You are a great inspiration.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

King of PhotoShop

TW, I always pay attention to your posts.  You are one tough guy.  Hang in there.

Some very good racing here yesterday, of course the best was Ek and her 1st AG and outstanding time.  Congrats.  And Mariposai, with the great condition you are in right now, please find a nice cool race somewhere and take advantage.  Great job yesterday.

A bit surprised too to read that 11-miler following a 50K.  That earns a nap and a hugh dinner I think.

Great job to Dave on his sub-7 pace too.  Everyone is running well.  Spareribs

Dave59

Tom - I hope you stick around and stay at it.  Add me to the list of people inspired by your accomplishments.

Congratulations to the marathoners yesterday.  It's tough to run that far in the heat, especially if you aren't used to it.  A 3:30 and a PR for Erika, like, wow.

I ran a 5k yesterday and today I am doing doing nothing.  Holly runs a 50k and then heads out for 11 today.  I assume this is part of a back-to-back training plan for a 50 miler and not that you have gone completely crazy? Smile

As I said, nothing for me.  I have a couple nerve-wracking software installs and then an annual church business meeting.  Not my ideal way to spend a Sunday.  If all goes well (today & tomorrow) I'll reward myself by taking a vacation day on Friday.

New skirt in town

Holy cow, Holly, you are blowing my mind! 11 today after your extreme efforts yesterday? Recover well! 1:51Tight lippedx in my half this morning, enjoying the lovely crisp Veermont weather (50 degrees at the start!). I finished feeling greta, and, most importantly, my foot HELD OUT! I think I might have done a smidge better if I hadn't overindulged with the wine at dinner last night and awakened with a hangover this morning! All told, I'm having a terrific long weekend with my family here in Woodstock, so I don't regret it. While waiting in the portapotty line pre-race, I turned around and saw the person behind me...my old physical therapist!! I still do my PT exercises from her almost every.single.day, and I credit her with getting me over my back injury 2 years ago... --Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA

I'm hoping that all this time being a "good patient" will reward me later this summer.

It will, JLynne.  Hang in there.

{{{OM}}}

TomW - Congratulations!  You're always an inspiration to me.  (And I've never detected any whining in your posts.)

Holly - Go EZ on those 11, and make sure you eat.

If Twocat puts on a cheerleader uniform, a picture better be posted here.

I slept in again, and now I can't get motivated.  Guess I need to hit the coffee.  Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day outside.  A friend gave me some bleeding heart and some kind of pansy out of her yard yesterday that I need to get planted.  I also need to get a workout in and some transcription done.  Yes, I need coffee . . . .

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance