Masters Running

Wednesday (What day is it?), 7.23.14 (Read 36 times)

Dave59 weather has nothing to do with happiness!?    Have you seen any of my posts outside of summer.  Heck, outside of a nice warm summer day!  How can anybody be happy if the temperatures are below 80°?  

Today must be national wiped out day.  Like coastwalker For some reason I got up early despite not wanting to.  On the plus side, sort of, today was a no running day which meant I was not pushing myself to get out the door.  Instead I got myself on to the elliptical.  On the down side Dish Anywhere seems to be missing season 1 episodes 5-7 of Orphan Black.  For my elliptical session I had planned to watch episode 5.  What gives with the missing three episodes?  I could purchase it via Amazon but what am I paying Dish for?  Why are some episodes missing?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Sayhey! MM#130

Yeah, where are those episodes?  And how does TV work, anyway?

Got it, Erika, like hose pre-pantyhose days!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Happiness isn't dependent on the weather, but I don't see how so many southern cities are happy.

It's all that wonderful Southern cookin'.  That'll put a smile on the face and a spring in the step of just about anybody.  Case in point:

I brought in a huge bowl of yellow plums that Shorty picked off a tree this morning that hangs over into the alley behind our house and a loaf of banana bread he made last night.  Another lady brought in leftover scrambled eggs, hashbrowns, ham, and biscuits (not southern, per say, but close enough for this discussion).  Guess which disappeared the fastest?

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Yeah, Amy has fat calves. I so believe that. Amy, are you trying to just pull them off from the bottom? Try rolling down from the top?

Ribs, snork! Watch out for those moose. They're sneaky.

We were pretty excited about the weather forecast last night that had zero percent chance of rain today, just partly cloudy. So... this morning it's overcast and drizzling. Gotta love it. Worst Fairbanks summah, evah! Legs feel much better today. I'll get out for a little run later. Maybe it'll dry up a bit this afternoon.

Could be worse. A colleague in Barrow said it was 40-45 there and coastal waters are socked in with ice.

evanflein

Yabbut... we're not in Barrow. For good reason!

Got in a good trail run today at lunchtime. Not easy to find trails that aren't really soggy, but this was a good run with just some wet grass and clover to run thru. Saw several moose hoof prints (Trackrat, west side of the T Field) but didn't see any of the moosies. I did find blueberries though, and will probably go back this weekend with a bucket to bring some home.

5.7 miles today, legs felt much better.

No moose sightings here, but they have been known to wander this far south once in a while. Tonight was the first run since Sunday. Not too drippy at 81*. MrStarr brought me a bottle of water so that was welcome. Before supper we went to the grocery store to pick up a wooden swing that he bought for me last week. He told them he would come back with the trailer. Well, the short story is that they sold it to someone else today. Long story is that it was a manager of another store that bought it and then they tried to call and get it back. He is kinda glad about it, now he doesn't have to move it every time he mows.

I did weights and a bit of swimming at the Y last night so that's the plan tomorrow.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

But Starr - How do YOU feel about not getting the swing??

For the first time in a number of years, I did a double workout today.  Core/ST this morning, then 4 miles after work tonight.  Felt good!

Karen sent me an email with a picture of her with her left hand casted.  She fell toward the end of Mt. Hood.  I haven't got the whole scoop yet, but obviously the fall was worse than anyone thought.  Poor thing!  The race that keeps on giving!

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy city is as happy city does.  I think that puts OKC far down on the list but I haven't checked.

I'm getting anxious about hearing from NMSU.  However, had a good 6-mile sweatfest tonight!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Marathon Maniac #957

What are they really basing happiness on in a study like that?

I set out for my Wednesday run and turned back after a mile due to lightning and thunder.  Hopped on the TM but the power kept flickering on and off, shutting the TM down.  So, I ended it with 4.2 miles and called it a day.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."