Masters Running

Father's Day runs, the 19th of June (Read 656 times)

Erika... 2nd best 10K the same day as a really decent marathon?  What is the secret??? (not to mention the 3 marathons in 3 weeks!)

Where's that bowing smily icon??

Wonderful accomplishment!

and

and

and

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Me too, about Erika!   Congratulations, Erika on your fantastic plan, and how you worked it.  Fantastic running!

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads and Grandpas!    

I haven't posted since Thursday as we went across the state to see my mother , sister, and brother in law.  Dave, when you take the Badger from Manitowoc to Ludington, you will dock within sight of my sister's condo.  When in Ludington, I often run through the carferry dock area.

Derrick, congrats on your best 5K in 3 years.  Happy anniversaries to PBJ, Twocat, and holly.  Sarge, congrats on your upcoming retirement.  I have sure enjoyed mine. hopeful, happy birthday to your daughter.  ribs, you didn't say how you did in your 5K but I'm sure you did well.  fatozzig, those of us at RA would be thrilled with the chance to see you and show our support for you and Shorty in person.  evan, great 10K, especially after a long day (marathon) and a long flight.

Nice long runs for Tramps, mari, mrsTwoCat, wild, perch, holly, and hermosa.

While I was gone, I got in an 8 mile run and a 3 mile run.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mike E

MM #5615

Erika--that is crazy! So, what's going on next weekend?
          evanflein

Heh, cat is sort of the bag I guess. I'll write up a race report later, but I'm not done yet. And that's all I'm going to say about that (for now). Big grin

Ohhh...what maniac status is she shooting for?

Erika, I get the feeling you could have been groomed early on for olympic level sports in something, or everything!

So cool here still, I was a bit chilled on my run at times.  About 60F and overcast.  Humid - water everywhere except in my mouth.  I picked a route with endless steep hills.  Had to walk quite a few on the way back.  6 miles of character building.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wasn't Grandma's yesterday?

yes. Yes it was. Great conditions and a PR for me! Smile Father's day all !
                Mariposai

Erika, I get the feeling you could have been groomed early on for olympic level sports in something, or everything!

Exactly what I was thinking during my run this afternoon. What a gifted athlete she is!!! AND of course...she works hard too.

It finally got to 83F here, so I went out for a runner. 5 miles up the hill in 54 minutes. Ave pace10:49 Ave HR 178. Legs were feeling goods, so included 3x 1/2 mile @8:01. It feels good to have the legs back. 

Now let the party begin!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Thanks for the Father's Day wishes!  What could be better than coming home from running with 11 of my best friends, going to church (in jeans, straight from the airport), drinking a beer when I got home, taking a long nap, going out for Freddie's burgers and now listening with our son to a Nassau band doing a Bob Marley cover?

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Opie, I don't think it gets much better than that!! Erika...WOWZA!!!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

TammyinGP

Hi Everyone!

just wanted to pop in real quick and skim the last few days. thanks again to mike for hanging around so darn long waiting for me to slog by and get a few pics and then join us afterwards. 

After I sent out a text message to a few people announcing a PR, I realized I was wrong. I was thinking my time at Newport last year was 4:17:48, so when I got a 4:16:53 at Grandma's, I thought I PR'd . . . but I was wrong. I ran a 4:16:48 last year, so I missed a PR by 5 seconds!! oh, talk about bursting my bubble when I realized this. 5 seconds. if only I woulda, coulda, shoulda .  . .. but you can't go back, so I just gotta live with it.

It was a great marathon and a great day. Thunderstorms and heavy rain were predicted and heavy rain is what happened ALL.NIGHT.LONG and even when I got up, it was a torrential downpour. But it stopped by the time we were shuttled to the start and except for a few sprinkles in the first couple miles, it stayed dry and probably around 50. with a sweet tailwind the whole way. The breeze off Lake Superior was refreshing and the crowds in Duluth are amazing. Really really enjoyed this marathon, despite the 5 seconds, but I'll get over it. . . really I will. Roll eyes

Tammy

lamerunner

Greetings. So Erika, a secret  marathon in the morning and a 10k at night!?? Holy carp batwoman. Well done!!!  I don't think I could pull that off.  And very good times too!  Congratulations!

Happy Father's day to all dadas.

Ours was a  mixed bag. DH, DS and I had a nice hike; headed up to the Franconia area and hiked up North Kinsman. nice trail, nice views. DS at nearly 12 is so strong now!  We had a nice day.

on the way home though, we got a call from DD. She was supposed to have been "working all day." Well apparently not all day. She took DH's car without asking, drove to Pawtuckaway, a bouldering area about 20 miles from here,   and got in an accident.  Partial head on collision on a narrow dirt road. The good news is she and her passenger are ok.  Lots of bad news though. other driver has no insurance. Not clear who was at fault. She was supposed to call us when the tow truck got there but did not, and now we don't know where the car was towed or how muc h it cost to fix, though we are assuming thousands.  She got a ride most of the way home but chose to walk from the gym.  I imagine she is very upset, but so are we. Large breaches of trust and good judgment. 

Just hope she learned something...

evanflein just adding my WOW!!!! to the several already posted!

lamerunner what a drag!  I hope something good comes out of this.  Best of luck with the car.

After running 12 miles yesterday DW took today off and instead went for a walk with me.  I then hit the elliptical for an hour. 

Tomorrow morning it is off to the airport to fly away to my last conference as a the executive editor of the journal I run!  Big grin  The best news is the journal's other editors are buying me drinks this year at our annual meeting tomorrow instead of the other way round!  For those of you wondering what type of "meeting" involves drinks at a bar the creation of this thing was my doing.  This conference is the only time of year where many if not most of the journal's editors are in the same place at the same time.  I wanted to hold a meeting where I could get them to tell me what is wrong with the operations (i.e. the way I run things).  I figured if I got them a bit "relaxed" they would be more likely to tell me what they really thought.  That plus it helped to generate some goodwill!

Have a fun next few days in case I do not have the opportunity to check back in.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hi Everyone!

just wanted to pop in real quick and skim the last few days. thanks again to mike for hanging around so darn long waiting for me to slog by and get a few pics and then join us afterwards. 

After I sent out a text message to a few people announcing a PR, I realized I was wrong. I was thinking my time at Newport last year was 4:17:48, so when I got a 4:16:53 at Grandma's, I thought I PR'd . . . but I was wrong. I ran a 4:16:48 last year, so I missed a PR by 5 seconds!! oh, talk about bursting my bubble when I realized this. 5 seconds. if only I woulda, coulda, shoulda .  . .. but you can't go back, so I just gotta live with it.

It was a great marathon and a great day. Thunderstorms and heavy rain were predicted and heavy rain is what happened ALL.NIGHT.LONG and even when I got up, it was a torrential downpour. But it stopped by the time we were shuttled to the start and except for a few sprinkles in the first couple miles, it stayed dry and probably around 50. with a sweet tailwind the whole way. The breeze off Lake Superior was refreshing and the crowds in Duluth are amazing. Really really enjoyed this marathon, despite the 5 seconds, but I'll get over it. . . really I will. Roll eyes

You call that a RR?  Seriously, when I got your text that you had just missed your PR, I felt for you.  I know given the right training you would have gotten a huge PR.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

I picked a route with endless steep hills.  Had to walk quite a few on the way back.  6 miles of character building.

Ain't they the best, though?? Wink Big grin

Tammy - Still a fantastic run, little lady.  Congratulations!  Can't wait to hear the details.

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance