Masters Running

Happy Tues 4/7 Runs and Goofy Stuff (Read 516 times)

xor

I read that the actor who plays Kutner, Kal Penn, left the show because he was offered a job in the White House as the associate director in the White House office of public liaison.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0671980/news#ni0738010 Which is really REALLY interesting as he was better known to some of us as super-stoner Kumar from the Harold & Kumar movies. (a good opportunity for some folks to remember that the actor and the role are separate entities. Usually. Heh.)

jules2

Biketm, nice bodywork if only you could work your magic on my battered body and restore it to new!

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

As Tammy said, Happy Anniversary to the Regers Wink. A bit over 5 for me in 50 degree weather--dodging the curbside snow piles. O people, Sat. was our 3rd weekly blizzard. Over a foot again. I have plants in the crisper that the nursery sent as we are on schedule to plant. Ha! There are foot and half drifts where I need to plant those hostas and primroses! But somewhere the sun is shining, and somewhere children shout, and baseball fans are laughing, as the opening day flags at Fenway wave about! YAY!!!!!!!! big red grins, A
        Masters 2000 miles
        xor

The sun is shining in Seattle! The kids down the street are shouting! As for baseball, the Mariners have 68 year old Ken Griffey, Junior, back in the lineup. He homered for the 8th time on opening day yesterday. The over/under on "games before he hits the DL" is set at 36. Place your bets.

Marathon Maniac #3309

the Mariners have 68 year old Ken Griffey, Junior, back in the lineup
            He's aging well Smile

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I am celebrating 25 years with my lovely and saintly bride today. I can't believe anyone would put up with me for half that long. The time does fly by! It certainly feels nothing like 25 years.
              I just noticed this. Congratulations on hitting your silver anniversary. Also, congratulations on avoiding the temptation (that I surely would have yielded to) to say 25 years and to think it only feels like 50! Big grin Or some such . . .

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Tammy, I have a theft case and wonder if you do things differently there. THey value the goods taken from a store at the retail value. To me, that's wrong. If Penney's is the victim, they don't go to Sears to replace the missing stuff, they go to a wholesaler to replace the goods, and pay a significantly lower amount. Did you ever take that on in your briefing?
                Masters 2000 miles
                wildchild

Carolyn

... it is what it is, & wherever you go there you are.
                  Thanks, dg, that's a good thought for the day! Big grin Denise, glad to hear you're all recovered and running well! But something's up with your math: "3.2 miles 32:28 9:11 pace" - if the time's correct, that's a 10:09 pace. Happy 25th Anniversary, Bill! And if you say, like Twocat suggests, that it feels more like 50, that doesn't necessarily mean you don't have a good marriage - it's just that when you've been together so long, you can't really remember a time you weren't together. Erika, we have the same problem with the snow getting all mushy during the day and freezing into ruts at night. Luckily I can avoid running in those conditions by running at lunch in the flatlands, where the snow is all melted already. No hugs for Twocat, but keep up the positive outlook! 5.1 hot miles at lunchtime - almost 70 degrees and sunny. Just the way I like it! [NOT] I liked Saturday's run in the snow better... (yeah, I know, be careful what you wish for!)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Happy 25th Anniversary breger... Tuesday - 6.05 miles - 45:35 - 7:33 - Avg HR 140 Max HR 149 - Partly Cloudy, very windy and 46° 7:49 - 7:23 - 7:22 - 7:10 - 7:34 - 7:55 - :20 I'll take these partly cloudy, breezy days over the rain and or snow any day of the week! Wink
                    xor

5 miles in the am with some fuzzy lufting. 9.9 miles in the pm, with 3 T pace in the middle. Wow, I actually did my afternoon workout today. Oh bop shabam!

xor

He's aging well Smile
                        Have you seen him? Not really Sad. He's sporting the Tony Gwynn body these days. It's kind of nice having him back, actually. But people have really high expectations. He's not 19 anymore.

TammyinGP

Aamos, I've never had to look into that issue from a research perspective, but here they would also value the items from a theft per the retail value at the store from which it was taken . . . that is the amount the store could have sold said items for, therefore, that is the value of the merchandise stolen. even though we all know that the value of any item is FAR below what the retail sticker says . . . and even farther below if it's made in China Roll eyes

Tammy

SteveP

25 years rocks the house Breger!! Well done Holly, you didn't need a Dr to tell you that you were OK...Ask any of us. Late day at work and the kids need the puter, I'll re catch up later.

SteveP

15k with some fast stuff tonight...still winter here too Erica. Snow and sleet...and last week I was running in shorts Shocked...body is very very tired, so looking forward to a rest day tomorrow. It will be close to a 95-100K week so hopefully the body stays together. Time to eat finally... Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Finally....the wind has died down a bit. What a beautiful day in OK. 81F and very light wind this afternoon on a nice and easy 6 miler. Bill, happy 25th anniversary. Tim...you do nice work. Also....from now on, everytime I hear a smoke detector going off,....well, I'll never be the same. I just have this picture of you in my mind.....no, I can't even go there. Ok....maybe.....did you tell your friend about the shrinkage? Shocked (My only saving grace is that nobody reads these late evening posts) Big grin
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM