Masters Running

Trottin' Along Tuesday - May 14 (Read 48 times)

Up and at 'em early here on the West Coast (4:15).  About to head out the door for a walk, then finish up with a stat bike ride.  Hope you all have a WONDERFUL day!! Cool

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

coastwalker

Mornin' early-rising Leslie, and to the rest of the crew too.

Great photos, yesterday, Starr! Your mom was a beautiful lady. Your instincts are right in regard to what to do about the ring; go to someone you absolutely trust.

Congrats on DIL's "white coat" ceremony, Bill. Must've been a great day for her!

After reading Slo's and Tets and MS's comments yesterday, I'm not sure how I feel, or even who I am! Shocked

MS, I'm sure you are a great bike clinic leader, despite (or perhaps because of) your fears.

Our cat rarely snores. But what I do fine amusing is that when she wants to nap, she just plops down where ever she is, rolls over on her back, closes her eyes, and is gone. Why can't I do that?

Here are 6 of the 8 painted rain barrels I wrote about yesterday - pretty good for 8th graders, eh?:

2013 Painted Rain Barrels

I woke up a little late this morning, so only had time for a short, quick workout. I racewalked 3.3 miles in 38F temps, under clear and brightening (hooray - daylight!) skies. I had on my new pair of Mizuno Musha, which are great racing flats/racewalking shoes. What makes them a great racewalking shoe is that they are lightweight (7.4 oz), are very flexible, and have a low heel (22mm) and a slight drop (9mm) from heel to toe. the low heel and low drop makes it very easy to land on my heel and then roll across my foot and kick off with my toe. Regardless of what you do, having the right shoes is very satisfying!

Have a great Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Dave59

Good morning.  I sure am glad I'm not a Maple Leafs fan this morning.

I had a better than average morning at the gym.  Some time on the ARC trainer, some weights, and then back on the ARC.

I'm just trying to get through the week.  I am looking forward to my 4 day weekend in Green Bay (and northern Michigan.)  Work has been hard this year and I've been wanting a little break.  At home, although I normally enjoy the mundane tasks (shopping, cooking, cleaning, watching Twisted Whiskers with the grandkid, etc.) I do need a break now and then.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Pretty good when a west coaster beats Jay to the daily. Smile

3.1 miles around the lake.  No Garmin, since it was packed for my travels this afternoon, but it felt pretty quick.  no ouchies in the foot, so I'm good.  Now I have to figure out how to get in runs and be at the plant by 7am.  I see early nights in my future.

BUT--I will now have to stay up late for Bruins games.  An AMAZING finish last night (Sorry, Henry) to come back from 3 goals down and win in OT.

good runs to all that follow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I had on my new pair of Mizuno Musha, which are great racing flats/racewalking shoes.

they are lightweight (7.4 oz) . . . , 

It’s always interesting to read about lightweight shoes but even at 7.4oz., at what’s become my stride in recent years, that’s still more than a ton of extra lifting in 3.3 miles. You guys are tough.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Congrats burger//.........did she get into Vet School??????

==========

24min poolrun with drag,,,,,,,,,,,,,not really in the mood today

luckily

I don't have to be the mood to work-out

...............good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

mustang sally

Bad faerie

I'm actually happier now that I can go back to hating the Leafs.  The mixed feelings that would go with having to sit here in Canucks Land while cheering for those goons out of nationalistic obligation would be Just Too Much.

Will run after work tonight, a juicy little hill workout.

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr – beautiful pics yesterday.

Jay – those barrels are awesome!

No run for me yesterday, just a core and weights workout.

Today I got about a 2.5 miles into my run when I had some pretty severe and sudden knee pain in my left knee that literally stopped me in my tracks.  Luckily I was close to home and I limped on back and put some ice on it.  We are just beginning the good weather and this is NOT the time for an injury, so I will baby it for a few days.  Might be I did too many lunges yesterday.  It doesn’t hurt at all right now though, so maybe it will be fine.

The Injured Runner says the location of the pain indicates Runners Knee, and I need to do Butt Strengthening exercises to fix this.  (Are they saying I have a fat butt?)  Joking

2.65 miles for me total, plus a couple wall-sits

Have you seen this commercial?  Had me ROLLING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL4lSavSepc

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

BUT--I will now have to stay up late for Bruins games.  An AMAZING finish last night (Sorry, Henry) to come back from 3 goals down and win in OT.

You've got it wrong. Having lived most of my adult life in New England, I'm a Boston sports fan all the way. I was talking to another ex-pat a t our book club last evening (he's from Montreal) we both agreed that our allegiance is now to the Boston teams. I was amazed that the Bruins won.

Jay, those rain barrels are fantastic works of art. Congratulations to those kids.

Did 4 miles of hills this morning-felt good.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Glad you're a Bruins fan now, but I thought you harboured a little sentiment for Toronto.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Congrats burger//.........did she get into Vet School??????

Oh yes.  She got in a year or two ago.  (After missing out the year before.)  She has 2 years left of internships / side-by-sides / rotationals and the like, with some classwork thrown in.  She's doing really well with the classwork.  Her only issue at this point is a queasiness/fainting when surgical procedures are done.  I suspect all medical people go through this at some level and get used to it - at least that's what I keep telling her.  This too shall pass I suspect/hope.

6.1 miles this morning at what turned out to be near-Tempo pace at the end.  Nice weather; then end of which is close at hand.  Felt good today and decided to take advantage of it.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

pfriese

Morning all.

I switched over to morning runs today (highs in the 90's this week), 8 miles done.

Those are great rain barrels Jay.

Congrats Byll. White coat ceremony is a great event. Lots to be proud of there. And she will get over surgery queasiness.

Have a great day.

Paul

Holly - I laughed so hard I had to find ANOTHER pair of pants to ship!! Big grin

Those rain barrels were works of art Jay! I liked the first one with the tropical (??) theme.

Sorry you missed your run Mike. How's the new job coming along?

Glad your foot is behaving Kevin.

Tom - some days are like that. It's hard enough to drag yourself around much less floatation devices.

Hi Slo! Nice to see you running on all cylinders again.

Late checking in today. A 45 minute pool run and 30 minutes of laps, then went to help stuff packets for four hours for the Cellcom this weekend. Dave - they're not using the timing chips on shoes this year. They've got a cool new chip that's attached right to the bib. Much better preparation and people at 20 stops with walkie talkies to prevent last year's communication nightmares from happening again. One of the directors was bemoaning the 70° forecast but at least there's supposed to be a 60% chance of rain. This could still change 50 times before the weekend. We played golf with a doctor last week who had a good joke: There are only two jobs where you can be wrong and you still get paid - a meteorologist and a psychiatrist.

Have a good rest of the day everyone.

Big grin Love it jylnne//...........Great Line.......

Burger//..........W0W.........my DD2's RoomMate

was afraid

she would

have to be A DOCTOR if she couldn't get into Vet School.............very dedicated buncha folks

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

janie b good

hi to all!  i'm trying (really!) to post daily... it's taking me a while to get in the habit.

4.19 miles for me this afternoon in breezy, 70* weather.  i'm back to my normal EZ running pace of about a 9:30/mile.  I think it took about a month, after that upper respiratory/sinus infection, for me to get back to normal.  my daughter wants me to run a half marathon with her in the fall, so i'm hoping to finally make it to the starting line-- but have not had any luck at all with staying healthy the week leading up to race day (two years ago, it was strep throat 3 days before race day ... last spring it was mono ... and this spring it was sinus infection/upper resp).  the odds are FOR ME this time... right?

holly-- hope your knee just needs a few days rest.

CW-- love the barrels!  they have a jimmy buffet feel to them.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.