Masters Running

Wednesday, Nov. 19 Runs (Read 707 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Erika, hang there ok. I may act like this "non" running stuff is funny...but it really really sucks, and is bothering me more than I let on. Do you have any idea when you can run again? I think I am still 2 or 3 weeks away, but may give it a try in a week or so. Till then, my cycling trainer is getting a heck of a workout, with mind numbing miles in my living room. It was funny when you said " -10 this morning and could get to -25 tonight. Hey, it's a "dry" cold though". Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

even though we had to face the dark truth that there was no Santa, we got to BE Santa. Smile
      What do you mean there's NO SANTA...you better take that back Carolyn! Angry
      I can tell you 2 things that are not artificial
      So what are they Tim? The suspense is killing me! Wink
      I hope I can resist the urge to hop on a TM
      I had to do a double take here, I thought that said "hop on a TIM"! Confused
      It was -10 this morning and could get to -25 tonight. Hey, it's a "dry" cold though.
      Any way you look at it that is frickin COLD Erika! Shocked Right now it is 32 degrees out with winds at about 17mph giving it a geel of 21 degrees. And Joel and I are supposed to do some speed work this evening...maybe it will make me run faster!! Shocked
      If you stop believing in Santa, there will be no presents!! I believe....I believe!!
      Me too Munch! I DO BELIEVE IN SANTA, I DO BELIEVE IN SANTA, I DO, I DO, I DO BELIEVE IN SANTA!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

not to be nit picky....but I have only ran once in 24 days... my 16 mile Marathon attempt. So I am not really that far behind
        - nice try timmy, really nice try but not even my mega-taper months have reduced me to such baseball-record like statistical escapism to dream up a 1-run nonrun record. However, as long as you bring it up, I know it's your favorite number so I wanted to be sure to tell you that if you nonrun for another 16 (SIXTEEN) days you'll be able to match the 40/1 nonrun/running since the 10/12 Dawg Dash 10K I'll be reaching at the end of the week.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ARF! - are you and Chuck okay? Dale wants to know what Chuck is doing out of the garage this time of year. Isn't it kind of cold up there in the Canadienski northland us too about you! we thought you were going to take it easy for a while. ps - <(tapertime?)>>> </(tapertime?)>

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

4 miles in chilly fog 42F slowly turning to sunshine. 10:22 9:59 9:49 9:32 This tuckered me out quite a bit. But it was nice to move the legs a little faster today. For the record, mine are fake....Christmas tree and decorations that is. Roll eyes

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

For the record, mine are fake....Christmas tree and decorations that is. Roll eyes
              Now that made me laugh...out loud...I might add! Big grin
                Good Morning! Perch – shorts? If I wore shorts in that cold, my legs would be bright red when I finished, and I would have to spend 10 minutes scratching them as they warmed... Mary – I’ll try to wear my HR strap upside down tomorrow and see if it’s different than today.
                1. the first line reminded me of going to school in the winter....I had to walk, and there was a dress code and this was in the late 60s.......you could tell all the girls who had to walk to school, as that's what our legs looked like under our mini-skirts. 2. I'm heading out and will do the upside down thing too. How many peeps does it take for a statistically significant sample? (geez, where's physicsboy [Dave in Ann Arbor] when you need him? over at that other side... grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #957

My husband and I have created a tradition with our kids of going to a tree farm the day after Thanksgiving and cutting down a fresh tree. They have saws hanging on a fence and red frame wagons lined up by the barn, and stands of different types of pines, so we grab a wagon and wander back across the property until we find one we like, and then cut it down. Afterwards, while they put it on the shaker-machine and send it through the netting chute, we have hot cocoa in the barn by a fire. (This is not always as idyllic as it sounds...often the kids are bickering over who gets to pull the wagon, cut the tree, etc. with me playing referree, and sometimes the weather is not nice and so we hurry just so we can get to the hot cocoa part...) Taper Tet - your song just cracked me up.... Timbo - naughty, naughty....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

Gotta love the high school having a half day when it's freaking cold out! I got to run at 1:15 pm as my babysitter was available! 7 mi in 1:14:15 with goofy Renee. Came back, opened a Lion Stout and am back to decorating the trees with the kids!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

I had to do a double take here, I thought that said "hop on a TIM"! Confused
                      Better keep my mouth shut on that one Big grin Naughty TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

7 mi in 1:14:15 with goofy Renee. Came back, opened a Lion Stout and am back to decorating the trees with the kids!
                        Sometimes I think Nonoruns is the most sane person here.
                        TammyinGP

smart move Tim Wink I updated my blog with some pics from the GP HM if anyone is bored out of their mind http://www.runningingp.blogspot.com/

Tammy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I updated my blog with some pics from the GP HM if anyone is bored out of their mind http://www.runningingp.blogspot.com/
                            That would be me! Great blog and great photo's too Tammy!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Nice report, Tammy. I didn't realize you and I are "neighbors." Well, sort of. Any town within a 4-hour radius of Humboldt County is considered a neighbor. One of these days, I may have come your way and participate in a run. Do you know of any trail running events up there?

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Just stopping by to say I remain, alas, firmly in the 40/0 club. Sigh. But today was a really close call. The issue is not my hamstring now, which actually feels fine. At last! Rather it is the bursitis in my right hip. (Geez, I sound like some 90 year old in a nursing home! Somebody help me! Dead) I developed it last March (!) from sitting all day in a car and then at a desk. Running never made it better or worse. Also, I hardly noticed it while on a run or during a race. But, with over two weeks off it is starting to feel better . . . so now I am wondering if running while not making it worse kept it aggravated enough so it never really healed? The question is should I stay off the road to help find out? If so for how long? Am I just being paranoid, silly or who knows what. It could all just be a coincidence after all. Confused If anybody around here has any experience, views or other advice I am all eyes! tetsujin209 wow I finally know what you are doing in terms of non-running! You really are non-running a marathon! biketm uh, thanks for delaying your non-run post. But since I am traveling on business it is likely no delay will be long enough! I skimmed through yesterday's daily to see what was going on since it seemed to get a lot of talk even today. Ah, next time I might just pass on the er, need temptation to do so! Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/