Masters Running

40s On the Run - Goals . . . (Wk of 06/01/08) (Read 654 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

Very exciting stuff Kelly!! You definitely earned it, you put in the beeg miles, smart training, and smart racing! The pic, however, well - looks like it belongs in a Leslie RR Big grin Leslie - the bike shop guys might tell you that you don't need a kevlar beaded tire - just remember that they're guys and it's easier for them to change a tire. That being said, I have small hands and am a wimp in general so you'll have to see for yourself. Latest book - Dean Karnazes' "Ultramarathon Man" - great read! He's a real drama guy (hey, he's Greek), but it's a can't put it down book. Not that I even dream of running in Death Valley or the South Pole, it's still great stuff. Leslie, ping me if you haven't read it and I'll mail it to ya. Arla

Ex runner

jfa

Very Impressive Kelly !!! Way to Go for both you and Jack!! Looks like some really nice trails too !!!

Kelly - Love the port-a-pot! Last night when I commented, there were no inside pics. Very funny! Arla- I haven't read the book and would love to. I'll send you my address. Thanks for thinking of me! Strength training (most uppper body) and core this a.m. for an hour, and about 45 minutes of PT work last night. Am picking and choosing the PT exercises I want to do now, and will be changing them up every couple of weeks so that the bod doesn't get used to it. And just because I know you all have been wondering - the ole bum is almost good as new!! (almost . . .) Big grin It's Thursday, folks. We've almost made it to the end . . . Cool

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Kelly - Awesome job!! Congratulations!! Great RR - looks like a gorgeous place to run. me & DH loved the 'facilities' pics Big grin I am sooo sleepy today Sleepy....low pressure systems can do that to me sometimes....could also be my xt day yesterday: after I ran 6 miles ~ 4 wagon loads of paver bricks moved & stacked, 6 shrubs cut & hauled, one big tree pruned (still needs cut up & hauled), lawn mowed & fertilized (in prep for rain), three estimates on fence & shed (& then found deal @ Home Depot Cool so now we're doing it ourselves), shopping (need to set up temp fence for doggies), 60 mile round-trip to swap trailers (ours is too small)....... ......the list continues...BUT! ...raining pretty steadily - 1.5" so far....so, **scanning list for stuff doable whilst raining**....must move new TM to basement for use....order final fencing....guess we can finish hauling off shrubbery in the rain.... I forgot to put "nap" on my list! Confused can I really get 4 in later? hmmmm.... Laters! C
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            Cindy - You, Kelly, and Jewels are busy, busy gals. Go ahead and take that nap. You deserve it!

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Super RR Kelly and congrats again. You really can run. Love the pics as well! Here's to many more great races/runs for you. Leslie, thanks for the directions. Jeez, all that just to post a pic! I think I'm gonna go give it a shot. I wanted to post a pic of dd with the famous "prom dress". Got a call at work a couple of hrs. ago from my daughter. She's talking very loud, and says "mom, there's smoke out back behind the trees. Looks like a fire just on the other side of the road". Before I can say a word she says, "mom, it looks bad, it's really close." I said hang up and call 911. She says, "wait a minute I hear the firetrucks". Did ya call dad? "No, I called you first"! WTH! Hang up and call dad. "OK" He got to the house in about 10 minutes flat. The fire ended up being further away then what it looked. He called me and said we were OK and that it was about 5 or 6 blocks north of us and that the fire trucks were everywhere and on top of things. Whew! Gawd....we need some good rain around here. O.K. I'm gonna go try to post a couple of pics.....be back in a bit! Jewels
              But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                Crapola! Where's my kids when I need 'em?
                  Crap![IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc56/jewels07/Prom08027-1.jpg[/IMG]

flatland mountaineer

Crap![IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc56/jewels07/Prom08027-1.jpg[/IMG]
                    I'll see if I can fix it for ya. u have to use their pointy looking tags and delete the [/IMG] raining here again

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Thanks, what did i do wrong? O.K. I'll try another all by my little lonesome. Don't leave r2 may need ya again!
                        Way too big but I've got the hang of it.
                          A couple of graduation pics and mothers day with my "little bit"! Don't let her size fool ya, she's meaner than a rattlesnake. J/K.....she's my Ms. Independent. O.K. I promise I won't post anymore pics for awhile! That's what you get for telling me how to post 'em!

jfa

Way to Go Jewels- Very nice pics!!! Beautiful dress too !!!Worth fighting for, I'd say.... Yes

Great pics, Jewels! My opinion - post more and often. I love looking at pics. You have beautiful girls. Geez - Did we look like that as seniors?? My inner 18-year old is jealous. Wink Just about all I have are pics of cats and running trails. I think I need to expand my photo horizons. I take pics of my cats like people take pics of their kids. Hard to get a cat to smile. Big grin

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

That's quite the dress! I certainly didn't look like that in high school...I hated girls like that.....but all the power to her for being able to wear it and look beautiful! I guess it's the personal trainer in me that can't stand seeing girls wearing clothes that don't fit. Great pictures, Jewels! Kelly
                                If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.