Masters Running

Friday -- 5/27 -- And a long weekend for many.. (Read 606 times)

Dave59

..unless you are in retail, law enforcement, or one of the many jobs that get to work on the holidays...  

05/28 Hemerocallus - Sulfur Springs 50K

05/28 Dave59 - Bayshore 10k, Traverse City, MI

05/28 dg - Bayshore Marathon, Traverse City, MI

05/28 Breger1 - Bayshore 10K, Traverse City, MI

05/28 C-R - Geist HM, Fishers IN

05/28 hopeful4ever - Old Fashioned Days 10K, Fruitport, MI

05/29 daddyo - Marathon, 4:00 Pace Bunny - Ottawa, ON

05/29 CNYrunner - Memorial Day Half-Marathon, Lenox, MA (Tanglewood)

05/29 MilkTruck - Pineland Farms Trail Festival 50K, New Glouster, ME

05/29 mtnchk1 - Arkansas River Bluegrass HM, Salida, CO

05/30 Ileneforward - Laguna Hills Half Marathon, Laguna Hills CA

05/30 fussyrunner - Cotton Row, Huntsville AL

05/30 Mike E - Brian Kraft Memorial 5K, Minneapolis, MN

Good luck everyone.  I get to run an easy 10k, then stand around and watch all the half and full marathon finishers.  And then I get to meet some forum legends in person.

First, 2 miles easy this morning just so I don't go stir crazy at work.  My overnight bag is packed and I am ready to go.

SteveP

I'll be the one in the Batman shirt.

SteveP

Wow early start to the daily! Will I get home today? The Vegas line is at 50-50 right about now. The van showed up a few minutes late at my hotel. Still I made it to DTW with nearly two hours prior to my flight time. Good thing too! The kiosk will not let me check in. The line to see an agent is long and moves slowly. Finally I get to an agent, get a ticket but no seat! Not good. Now I am on a mile long security line. More news as updates arrive.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Looks like I'll see CNY Karin in Lenox on Sunday; I'm doing the HM as well.

3 easy this morning.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Happy running and racing everyone! I get to go watch MrOM run the local 10k on Monday, the annual big race event my running club sponsors every Memorial Day. There's also a 5k, as well as a family fun run, wheelchair race and elite mile, if I'm not mistaken. I'll be there volunteering in some aspect, not sure what, but if nothing else, I'm looking forward to being around all my local running friends. Plus, I get to go to the picnic afterward!

Feeling much better this morning, in that I was able to roll over and get out of bed much easier today. Trying to wean myself off the heavier pain meds, since they do a number on my stomach. Last night MrOM and I went for a nice little walk around the block. I'm feeling good. Smile

Sorry for the lack of individual shoutouts, but that was never my forte even before all this. But please know I'm thinking about each and everyone one of you!

And oh yeah, I made that salad for all to share. So dig in, folks! Smile

At the gate. Still no seat. They are offering $400 if you will take a later flight. Bad sign. I heard someone say he is not going to get off for less than $1000. I sure hope they get "volunteers" before they decide to draft people. People meaning me. Sad MTA: Got a seat!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Dave59

At the gate. Still no seat. They are offering $400 if you will take a later flight. Bad sign. I heard someone say he is not going to get off for less than $1000. I sure hope they get "volunteers" before they decide to draft people. People meaning me. Sad MTA: Got a seat!

Don't sound so happy to get out of Michigan. Joking

(Maybe this will be the weekend I finally make that darn bread.  Recipe has been sitting on my desk for a long time now.)

Slo

MTA: Got a seat!

Kewl !...I hate airports and the whole flying business

No run this am. This has been a mental rest week for me. I'll begin another training cycle here shortly so I've been sleeping in and have run only one day this week. Not that it was planned that way.

I finished my Single Speed Bike build up. (Didn't finish the bathroom yet if that says anything about priorities). Rode it to work today. I'll need to put a smaller sprocket on it but other than that, this bike is sweet!

My weekend includes at least one day working, DS's HS Graduation Ceremony and maybe Monday to finish the bathroom.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Gee TwoCat - Michigan really isn't all that bad .... especially on a nice holiday weekend!!   Wink  (glad you got a seat!)

Out for a quick 3 this morning and was surprised just now to see how quick they really were .... for me .... it is all relative I know .... 9:55 / 9:39 / 9:20.    I hope I have some of those 9:20's in me for tomorrow's 10K!      This is a smaller race and I have never done the 10K before, always the 5K.    Worst case scenario is that I am last .... Best case is that I am the only old fart out there and I get first!   Smile

Candy gives all the racers a high five....

Happy Friday!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

lamerunner

Greetings. No run today. Just a swim, resting the legs. Etiquette Day went very well; quinoa salad and cupcakes both big hits.  DS' concert good too.  It was a "step up" concert where the 5th graders from the local elementray schools join the   middle school band. Great music program at Ds' school. He is getting ready to march in the Memorial  Day parade; I need to find some black duck tape to cover the swooshes on his NIke Frees so he can march in those rather than dress shoes.  Those 5th graders sure look small, and that was just a year ago for us!

I already had to deliver DD a dress for an assembly she forgot about. ... maybe on Sunday I will drive to Maine and sit on the beach for 5 hours rather than run that 50k.

Glad to see OM recovering. Leslie, I will PM you about the recipe, but you may be able to find it or something close pretty easily by googling black  bean quinoa salad.  It has cukes, fresh cilantro and parsley , tomotoes, black beans, quinoa of course, balasamic vinegar, olive oil, djon mustard ,garlic and a  couple of other things.  Pretty tasty. The fresh cilantro is key.

Nice of the puppy to greet us!

Happy Friday!

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Again I follow a cute pup.

Lift, step, spin.  Very routine morning.

Yesterday, I went to the gym (4:30 am), did my lifting session, then went outside for a run.  I was about a mile into it when I remembered that my daughter had her awards assembly/breakfast at 7:30!  The gym that I go to is right near my office, which is 34 miles from my home.  I had planned on sleeping in, but completely forgot.  Yikes.  So I cut the run short, went back to the gym, showered, and made it home by 7 am.

Senior momentitis.

This weekend, I shop for a bike and a grill.  Nice.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

This weekend, I shop for a bike and a grill.  Nice.

About the only thing better might be if it included power tools.  Lucky guy.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

Wildchild, enjoy your time with your DD. Did she get her suitcase?

batman, morels...yummie. I absolutely love morels.

Twocat, I am realieved that they didn't give you free tickets, because that would increase the chance of you traveling to the PNW next weekend and...you need to stay away from this side of the country next weekend! I want , not  for Newport. So...name your price!  would so totally ruin the highlights!

It looks like Bayshore is the place to be this weekend. Byll, please give Mustang Sally and DG a hug for me!

It is amazing all the things I can do around the house before work when I am not out there running 10 miles on a Friday morning. I was up at normal time, I read around 15 pages of my book waiting for the boys to wake up. Then I scrubbed the guess...the guest bathroom(hi hermosaboy...nice catch!) Big grin and re-arranged the linen closest. I can't wait for this weekend when I am going to tackle the basement!

RAW is on my plate this afternoon!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

HermosaBoy

Then I scrubbed the guess bathroom and re-arranged the linen closest. I can't wait for this weekend when I am going to tackle the basement!

RAW is on my plate this afternoon!

Guess bathroom -- does that mean it's designer???

My weekend includes:

Clean-out coat closet to get rid of the old running shoes that cover the floor about 2 feet deep.  Embarrassed

Clean-out utility closet to organize cleaning supplies so we can find them.

Set-up a rain barrel that has been sitting for 45 days.  Embarrassed

All-day concert with my boys on Sunday.

Baseball game tonight -- my beloved Angels are in town to play the Twins.  Go Halos!!!

Maybe a run or two...

Ran 4.1 this morning with Miss Rosie.  Gotta break her of her habit of leaving droppings while running -- UGH!!!  There will probably be a RAW also...

Have a GRETA weekend all!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Good Luck to all the racers this weekend and Mary you will run great....no worrying now! Bayshore is fixing to be hopping with RAers....run strong now. 

Love that puppy high five! Hudson has quite a pile of belongings already here---collar, travel crate, crate for home with divider panels as he grows, an upstairs and downstairs dog bed for chilliaxin' when not in the crate, his own bowls----(we retired Boogie the beagle's bowls), hair grooming tool, and more. The neighbor girls (6 and 9) can't wait to meet him either---they want to fix him up with their dog Lily---uh, er...first things first!

Ran 6.6 easy and no-watch miles this morning (track practice with the group last night) and then did some weeding and the last of the mulching. I was on the road for work earlier this week, so just some follow-up, one afternoon conference call and the weekend can begin! Looking forward to seeing Walt RB on Sunday at the Memorial Day half-marathon! It may be a triple H day (Hilly, Hot, and Humid) but fun no less. This is a train-through race for me, but I still want to run well. Lots of folks from my running club are racing this weekend---Vermont City Marathon in Burlington or Ottawa Marathon, 50ks and lots of Monday 5k plans. 

The other weekend activities include watching a local parade, biking and hiking with my guys, gathering up clothes, games, books, unwanted items for a Big Brothers Big Sisters collection day on Tuesday, watching the Western MA track championship meet, taking the kiddo and his girl friend NOT MY GIRLFRIEND MOM to see a movie----yeah, yeah, I sit a few rows away from them and try not to stare.

So glad you got a seat Twocat. I know the drill all too well. Get home safely!

Sounds like you are doing well OM---rest is key. Great looking salad...hmm? almost lunch time too!

BRUINS! Come on!