Masters Running

TGIF May 7 Runs and such..... (Read 470 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I got up and out for a run today - yeah!!!    Nyquill + wine = sleep.   Only went out for 3, and it felt pretty good to be back out in the balmy 38° temps.   Brinkley was extremely happy to see me start up the Garmin this morning.    Oh, negative splits too - 10:15 / 10:05 / 9:54.

Happy Friday!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

A Balmy 38°?  Everything's relative I guess!  Balmy to me is more like 80°.

I went out for a Tempo run this morning.  2 miles warm up, then 4 continuous miles at Tempo pace (by perceived effort - comfortably hard), then 2 miles cool down.  The Tempos came in at 8:18, 8:08, 8:07, 7:59.  Slower than I had hoped.  But it is what it is.  Sigh.

Traveling to UF after work tonight to celebrate DS's Graduation and Mother's Day, as well as a round of golf with DS on the UF course.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

HermosaBoy

A balmy 41 in Minnesota -- I will take it!!!  Still cool enough that Rosie isn't overheating.

3 relaxed miles before work.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad that it's Friday...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!

Hey Byilll--congratulations on the DS's graduation!

I'll be flying out of work, today, to go home, pick up my DW, and drive down to Sioux Falls for our son's track meet.  He runs the 5000 at 9:20 pm--hopefully we'll make it.  Then the track banquet, tomorrow...which is kind of odd since the season isn't over yet.  I'm going to try to squeeze in a 20 miler, tomorrow--I'm hoping to run with my son and the rest of the Augustana distance guys--I love running with those guys.  Is there any better way to spend a weekend?  I think not.

C-R

Byll - that sounds like a great weekend. 

Balmy indeed. It was 46 here and I thought it was a heat wave. At least the rains have held off. Crazy weather in the Midwest.

A little 3.1 this morning to get the legs moving again. Time to start building for the fall.

Happy Friday everyone.

Oh and have fun chasing the kids Mike. DS has a XC meet tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Good luck to the kids running track & XC.  My kids aren't in either one but I encourage their friends who are.

It's a rest day for me and I must be going crazy because I've come up with a fall schedule that makes no sense!  I have written in pencil on my calendar Oct. 1, nearby 10-mile hilly race with a crazy fast time goal, Nov. 5 Half near Tulsa with a crazy fast time goal and Dec. 4 Vegas Marathon baby!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

HermosaBoy

Good luck to the kids running track & XC.  My kids aren't in either one but I encourage their friends who are.

It's a rest day for me and I must be going crazy because I've come up with a fall schedule that makes no sense!  I have written in pencil on my calendar Oct. 1, nearby 10-mile hilly race with a crazy fast time goal, Nov. 5 Half near Tulsa with a crazy fast time goal and Dec. 4 Vegas Marathon baby -- With a CRAZY fast time Goal!

Fixed that for you...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

...Hi opie//.......looking good.......

======

...22min nordictrak

don't ask.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dear Negative Mary - you should have kept running your paces right into tomorrow until you found a keeper.

Actually, I had to think of something to post about running for an excuse to say "hej" to Karl

ps Karl - you should become a Marathon Maniac, . . . again.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I always will be #459 even if I can't stay healthy long enough to run marathons any more.  The doc made it quite clear that I have increased odds for another stress fracture.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

So cool to have kids running track or XC... good luck to them this weekend!

Nice balmy run Hopeful!  It was 42 here and that was IRC in my books.

Breeger.... speed will come....at least  in the fall if not before.  I know I can't go fast all summer long. In fact, this week when we hit 40's again vs 60's for lows, my speed immediately improved.

Opie's lookin strong... Crazy fast time goals.. love it!

This morning I ran 2 loops of the about 3 mile XC trail at Duke. Like a roller coaster with a couple take you breath away steep uphills and some nice long downhills that have you going so fast I was thinking they need runaway truck ramps for runners..  8:35 first loop, 8:21 second.  Then cd 2 miles at 8:30 in our less hilly neighborhood. 7.82 total at 8:27 pace.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

dg.

It's a rest day for me and I must be going crazy because I've come up with a fall schedule that makes no sense!  I have written in pencil on my calendar Oct. 1, nearby 10-mile hilly race with a crazy fast time goal, Nov. 5 Half near Tulsa with a crazy fast time goal and Dec. 4 Vegas Marathon baby!

Shocked

ahem.

well.  no further comment right at this very moment.   -).

hi Karl!

hi everybody!   sorry again that I'm behind again!     I'm using today at work (will make up for it, really) to try & take care of some details I've been neglecting.   

Nancy... I found a local source for honey stinger products.  yippee!  I'll pick some up after work.

Perch.... you have have already posted this & if so I'm sorry... but any news???

a rest day for me today too... 10.5 yesterday which was supposed to be 12, was not happy with that run, exept that it was a beautiful shiny day.   that part was great.    8 miles were supposed to be at HM pace, with the day before a scheduled recovery day but my schedule got flipped because of a stoopid wipe out on Monday (both palms & knees are kind of a mess).... and so the day before was speedwork.   I hope so much that I can blame how I felt on that! 

glad you got out Mary!    hey we could have run together last Saturday.  our runs sounded pretty similar.  

stop sighing bylgh!!!     you're doing so well.   have fun this weekend. 

better get back to race prep work ..           have any of you used a gel flask?    I'm thinking of picking one up after work... I can never open gels, and this way they can be diluted.  hate wearing belts too, (I should be more postive. sorry!   I prefer not wearing a belt.. )    I'd like to try it tomorrow, the last really LR. 

Jlynne

The Tempos came in at 8:18, 8:08, 8:07, 7:59.  Slower than I had hoped.  But it is what it is.  Sigh.

I can only dream of running ONE mile that fast Bill. You've been injured - you're going to be just fine. Congrats on DS' graduation and hope you break par!

Ahh, wine and Nyquil...... nothing will make a cold feel better Big grin Glad you got out this morning Mary.

Okay Tom, what happened?

Hi Deb!

A much needed rest day for me and of course, the best weather we've had in weeks. I was going to try and do 10 or 12 tomorrow. the Cellcom is a week from Sunday and my longest run has only been 8 miles. Is it wise to attempt 10 or 12 the week before, or do I just suck it up and take the consequences of not training for this race? Any advice, good people?

..jlynne//.......dunno, but I can feel where the hip joint is.......which is new//////

''if it hurts when you DoDat, _______''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

Hmmm. Penciling in that half marathon (and goal) for the fall.