Masters Running

December Masters Miles and 2014 Year-end Summaries (Read 52 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Carolyn!

Super good year averaging 9.4 miles per day

2014: 3443 miles

Dec: 312.8 miles

highlights:

running streak: Still running everyday since August 18, 2010 (1597 days without a rest day averaging 7.9 miles per day)

mini streak: running a 13.1 mile run everyday for 13 days

ministreak: running a 10+ mile run everyday for 86 days (and still going..)

1st AG in a 5K during a 360 mile month which was a PR

AG placing in a Marathon

All runs were outside in Detroit area which had snowiest winter ever (90 inches)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

wildchild

Carolyn

I ran 137 miles in December, and 2311 miles in 2014 - both prime numbers!   December was pretty low-mileage, but included taper for a 50k race and a family vacation, so it's all good.   And my 2014 mileage is my highest annual total ever!

2014 was a great year of running for me.  Some highlights include:

My first two 50 mile races, Bighorn in June and Vermont in September.  I ran across the finish line smiling at both races.

5 - 50k races

2 - marathons (1 road and 1 trail)

6 shorter races (<10 miles)

3 new states (AZ, CA, and VT), bringing my total to 10 states

Two RA meetups, at the Avenue of the Giants and the VT50, both of which were incredible weekends with wonderful friends, with a little running thrown in.

And in non-running highlights, we went to Thailand in January and Baja in December, both trips with DD.  And DD graduated from Cornell in May and moved to Seattle for grad school, and got engaged!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

BlazinCajun

Started back running on March 23, 2014 and had hoped to be able to at least run 1,000 miles depending if I stayed injury free. Have not run any races since the Hot Boston Marathon in 2012. Currently injury free and working on getting faster.

Ran 1,245 miles in 2014

Ran 183.3 miles in December which was the most miles since that Boston Marathon.

Andrew
        ------------------
        God, my Lord, is my strength;
        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
        and enables me to go upon the heights.
        Hb 3:19

Thanks, wild, for another year of doing this thread.

91 miles for Dec.

1104 miles for 2014

TomS

Holy Crappola!!!!   re some of the year-end totals.  Good job, folks!

I pretty much didn't hardly anything for Nov and Dec.

December:  67.3

Year End:  1,587.3

One of these days I'll get to 2000 for the year.  One of these days . . . . .

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

pfriese

Nice winter time picture.

December = 49.6 miles That has to be my lowest monthly mileage without being injured.

Year end 2014 = 1678 miles I can't remember if I had a mileage goal for 2014.

Paul

SubDood

Hi! Great numbers and inspiring stories from everyone -- thanks for the thread, wildchild!

December: 190.6 miles

2014:  2480.1 miles

Highlights:

Running my first Boston Marathon, and meeting a number of RA-ers while in Boston.

Watching my son run an obstacle course 1K.

Half Marathon PR (1:27:53).

Running the Twin Cities Marathon 20 years after running it as my first marathon -- and beating my 20-yr-old TCM record by 24 seconds.

Meeting, and running with, and having coffee with MikeE! (I will run with you again, Mike, but I need to get stronger so that I don't slow you down so much!)

2015 Goals:

XC Ski in the American Birkebeiner 54 km ski race February 21 (and hopefully finish).

Do all the cross-training/strengthening/warming up and cooling down stuff I didn't do in 2014.

Thank you Carolyn!!

Dec 81.9 - and yes I tailored my Dec 31 run so my year end total would end with a .2!! 

2014 year end total 1030.2

Running Highlights -- PR's in my 5k, 10k, and marathon races.

Boston Marathon, Reach the Beach with our RA friends and Philly marathon were definitely huge highlights!!

Getting to run with OM in Boston - cool!!

2015 Goal - training and completing my 1st 70.3 at Patriot 1/2 Iron!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Nice winter time picture.

Thanks a lot Carolyn.
                    looks like you had a drone camera.
                    Can you photoshop me in it too?

December 2014 - tetsujin - 41.5 miles
                    . . . December training runs (5@4mi) - 20 miles
                    . . . Pigtails Flat Ass Marathon (12/- 21.5 miles (third DNF in 38 years)
                    YTD - 515.76 - first time over 500 miles since 2007
                    (sorry tammy / cecil?)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

174.8 miles for December

2015.2 miles for 2014 - less than I have had for several years.

Race-wise I ran the following:

3 marathons

2 50Ks

1 5K

1 10K

1 5 mile

Loved, loved, loved the Vermont 50K weekend!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Thanks for all your work on this Carolyn..  Coincidentally, I was thinking of you on my run today as your theme song came on my ipod.  ("A hungry wolf or an angry child?  Or something wild!")  At least, I think of it as your theme song.  ;o)

Anyhow, not a great running year for me because I started a new job in January that had more commuting than I'd hope for. (I'd hoped I'd be able to work more from home than I actually do.) I never quite adjusted and missed far too many runs. I ended up with my lowest milage by far in quite some time.  Race times reflected this, too.  I'm trying to recommit myself this year and work in short runs, at least, on a more consistent basis.

Finally meeting Stumpy was great.  But he was my only RA meet this year; I've got to work on that, too.

I took December "off" with just 53.5 miles, including a 1/2 marathon.

2014 total was:  1676.7

Be safe. Be kind.

Walk-Jogger

2014 WOW. What a roller-coaster of a year.

December: 80.7 miles of walk/jogging

2014 Yearly Total:  944.5 miles,

The majority of those were run between January and June. Around 237 runs all together

Highlights: 
                          3-15-2014 St Paddy's 10km, 39:38 2nd place over-all. Slower than I planned, but under 40:00 one more time.
                          5-04-2014 Bloomsday 12K, 48:07 2nd place M55-59, age-graded 83.4%
                          6-4-2014 1 mile race, "Festival of Miles" 5:24.37; 1st place M55-59 AG, new Course Record for AG, age-graded 84.6%; this was the fastest mile I've run in over 20
                          years.

Lowlights: 
                          Heel injury at Bloomsday in May, kept running thinking it was "only" plantar fasciitis, and it turned into a calcaneous stress fracture in June that did not heal until November. So lots of biking but very little running for the year after June until Oct/Nov.

Diagnosed with intermediate to high risk prostate cancer end of July.Started cancer drugs end of August.

Finally started radiation Dec. 30th after a 4 month battle with my health insurance company. I spent the last two days of the year getting radiation treatments.

My "easy" running pace has slowed over the past 5 months from under 7:00 mpm continuously, to over 9:00 mpm with frequent walk breaks. My overall physical and mental health has been severely compromised, not so much by the cancer, but by the drugs.

Goals for 2015

are to survive cancer and the treatments, regain my health, and walk/run as much as possible the entire year. If I can swallow my pride and accept my new much slower paces, I will run some races. In a "perfect" world, I will regain strength and speed and run a sub-20 minute 5K by the end of the year at age 60. This is a huge and possibly unrealistic stretch goal, so more of a shining star in the sky to aim for, rather than actually reach.

Wishing everyone here good health and good running for 2015!

Retired &  Loving It

Mike E

MM #5615

"Wow" is right Cecil.  I am very sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis.  I know it's a common one and they're pretty successful with treatments, but it has to be pretty scary.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Alexander R

3515 miles in 2014, same as last year and the years before

In 2014 I ran 2 ultras (100km and 6hr), 3 marathons (Boston, New York and Philadelphia), 3 halves (all in NYC)
                              and a bunch of shorter races, Cherry Blossom 10 miler, a couple of 4 milers, and a 5 miler.

I was happy with my half marathon times (1:21-1:22), but my full marathons sucked. I failed

to break 3hrs, getting as close as 3:00:26 in Boston. Yes, just 1 second per mile too slow.

My ultras were super slow, but this was the first year I tried anything longer than a marathon.

Oh, and I celebrated 20 years of running this year

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

December 122.1

2014---2161.6

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/