Masters Running

Sunday July 27 Daily (Read 34 times)

Tramps

Everyone out running long today?

TW—really, it helped?  Cool!

16-miler this morning, the first half of which was in a mini-monsoon.  Heavy rain and driving wind at least kept the temps down.  Then the rain tapered off and stopped, leaving a decent second half and, overall, a pretty sproinky pace for a long run.

Be safe. Be kind.

..mornin' tramps//..Yep. helps to ask the right questions...

=========

...60-min bike ride on my hill, moved thru 7-gears on each lap moved back down to cool off

stormy weather here, but a Good work-out

...........good running guys.......off to church......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Thanks for the kind words about our race yesterday.  When I poke fun at the Saint here, I always share it with her of course and after she read the comments, she and I were both curious as to when and where she may have met jlynne.  Was it at the Twin Cities Marathon?

Today I normally run long, but with yesterday's race and today's conditions I set out to be thrilled with 4-5 miles, but was pleasantly surprised to run 8 fairly comfortably.

Here is a photo of my wife in yesterday's race, with a much determined look on her face:

Spareribs

King of PhotoShop

And just how much weight and muscle mass did I lose?  Here I am in yesterday's race:

King of PhotoShop

I've seen pipe cleaners with bigger biceps.

Spareribs

Jlynne

Wow Ribs - there's nothing left to you! You'd better come up to Wisconsin.  We'll fatten you right up with some beer and brats   And yes - it was the Twin Cities marathon that I was fortunate enough to meet you and your lovely wife. I think Dive, Slo, Deb, Amos and Fortunate One were also there???

Nice 16 miler this morning Tramps. We're about 3 inches below normal rainfall for the month of July.

Hope you got home before the stormy weather hit Tom.

A mugged 6 miles this morning. At 5:30 it was already 70° with lots of humidity. I don't run particularly well in h&h.  Then I stopped at a local bakery and got some doughnuts for my grandsons, and hung out with them for a few hours while their parents did their long run. Grandmas are really good at sugaring kids up, then leaving their parents to deal with the after effects!

Hope your Sundays are going well, and good luck to anyone racing today.

tomwhite what do you mean there are nice people on this forum!  Heck, one j&%* even wrote a whole long diatribe explaining how awful everybody here is!

Spareribs may you could eat some more spareribs to help with that weight gain!  In the meantime, pretty impressive running by you and your (it would seem miserable, mean spirited) DW!  

Yesterday I ran the local 4.683 mile race at a 7:29 pace.  I am getting a tiny bit faster.  Last week I ran the 4.07 mile race at a 7:31 pace.  Given the longer distance I guess this is progress.  What would really help on that front is to drop the 7 pounds I have put on since last summer!  Gotta stop getting seconds and thirds and . . . 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

King of PhotoShop

"Nice 16 miler this morning Tramps. We're about 3 inches below normal rainfall for the month of July.

Hope you got home before the stormy weather hit Tom."

I also hope Tramps got home before Tom got hit by the stormy weather!

I'll tell the Saint it was Twin Cities jlynne.  Thank you.  Spareribs

Hi all you nice folks, and SR too!  Wink

SR - your wife looks great!  She really needs to work on fattening you up.

Mariposai, I haven't quite kept up on the news, but I hope things are under control.  I know it is going to be highs of 82 here and no rain for the next 11 days, which must mean extremely dry and hot on your side of the mountains.....very concerned.

I can vouch that "hoarding" is not a female trait, nope, not at all.  This is one of those things where ex and I differed greatly.  I am a minimalist and he.....not so much.  I found a box of receipts dating back to 2000 (the year we moved here) in the shed (ok, you really need to keep ATM receipts and take out food receipts for 13 years?).  He had moved it into the shed, from the office a year or two ago - instead of throwing them out!

Last Saturday I had an awesome concert date with Door#18 - the Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry and another band, can't remember their name.  But, we both did and didn't quite click, ya know?  Although I thought he was gorgeous.  Ah well, back to the ocean for more fishing.  Then 4 days at the cabin, didn't run once, felt like I need to spend more time with the kids when on vacation  Picked huckleberries and made a pie (I'll post photo later on FB).  Once home, I spent a lot of time fixing computer issues.....not fun for someone that finds some of this stuff daunting, but it is always great to learn new things.  I unplugged an 8TB storage device, and not sure it is running right anymore...ok, enough boring details.

Yesterday, 4 miles at Cougar Mtn....with Remi...it was warm and 4 seemed like enough.  Today, I got up and out earlier to avoid the heat, and did 12.1 Horse trail miles....the first 8 felt great!!!  Really great.  The last 4, ouch.  Man, do my feet ever hurt!  My kids are away all this week in Canada, so it has been quiet.  A bit lonely, but I am sure an hour after they get back I will be longing for the peace again.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

mrrun

Impressive races for Saint, 2cat, and of course the skinny one

tramps - nice long run and nice runs for enke and jlynne and bike ride for tw

went out early in HHH for 4 miles of hills, then took a nap, then heard part of a free outdoor jazz concert that wasnt rained out

finally my DS came over and fixed our wifi - we've been without for 3 days

hopefully by wednesday the washer/dryer bathroom project will be complete and we'll get our home back without workmen for 8 hours a day.  they're doing a great job, but it's not a fun life when our only bathroom is always occupied - starbucks is our friend!

sorry i can't give any more shout outs, but i'm way behind

marj

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It sure is nice to see you back and running so well, Tramps.  How's Tribee, doing?

Nice bike ride, TW.  Anytime there's no report of you falling, I look at that as a nice bike ride.

Congratulations to the Saint on her AG win!  Maybe...someday...Ribs will have biceps like hers...

Way to sugar up them grandkids, Jlynne.  And nice run, too.

Nice racing Twocat.  Maybe it's a good thing my DW isn't the best cook in the world.

I know how that feels to go from having a good run to a bad run, Enke--way to tough it out.  Don't give up on checking out all them doors--and don't just settle for something...you deserve the best.

Glad to hear the bathroom project is coming to an end shortly, Marj.  It will be worth the wait, I'm sure.

After a brutal run, yesterday, I went out very cautiously for today's 3 hour run.  The plan said to do the last hour at marathon pace.  I thought, "Yeah, fat chance of that happening."  I was a little surprised, though, to be feeling as well as I was after 2 hours, so I kicked it into gear--not marathon pace but about a minute per mile faster than I had been going.  I went out a little too far, though, because, with 3 miles to go, the wheels came off again and I struggled to get home.  Ended up with 22.4 miles in 3:06:27.

Okay--that's it for me.  What the heck happened to the weekend?

Mariposai

The Saint is hot looking !!!

Nice race to all the racers.

Enkephalin, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed a nice vacation with the kids. Yes, we are concerned around here as well about the above 100f weather we are supposed to have all next week. Fire is 59% contained.

Erika, the huckleberries are ripe around here as well. We have been just too busy to go and pick them.

Tetsujin, you are such an inspiration to us all. I am glad you had fun with your grandson. Pictures?

Ohh our internet service is back!!!

7 miles total for me today. Today's run was hot and humid, but not Sticky .

Off to maker dinner. Salmon, risotto with roasted pumpkin (roasted last fall), kale salad and a nice chilled white wine. Then I will need to spend some extra time watering the garden because it has been way to hot for my poor veggies.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Sounds like a busy weekend all around.  I've been fortunate to spend the weekend in Maine with my dh and my mom.  Dh went home early this morning, but mom and I had another wonderful day together -- I went out for a 10 mile bike after church and breakfast with mom.  Then later afternoon we went and walked the beach at low tide and stopped at one of the beach pubs for a bloody and appetizers!!  Nice weekend!!

Happy Sunday night!

denise

Tet IS wonderful.

So is everyone else here.  Bunch weird wonderfully loving friendly warm inspiring supportive people.

Loved all the doggy pics from yesterday.

Ribs -  Congrats to The Saint on her race!  And re the skinny arms, you should see my coach.  He can't even keep the size small arm sleeves up.

10 miles at Headwaters yesterday = some good climbing.  Finished in about 2:36, so a good time for me.

Worked with The Hub at a job for about 2.5 hrs, then came home and worked about half an hour or so in our yard, then he took me to the movies. We never go to the movies.  It made up for all the free laborer I've been providing to him.   Saw "Lucy."  I liked it.

Just got off the phone with Coach.  Told him I wanted to be really challenged this round, which is going to include 3 days of ST.  Also told him I wanted to get my mileage up to around the 60-mile range, which I've never done before.  . . . . .  remind me I asked for all this when I'm complaining about how tired I am.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP

Dad is up from FL and staying at my sister's in Farmington MI. She invited 40 of her closest friends. I was fortunate enough to chat it up with my nephew and niece as well as Dad.

SteveP