Masters Running

Best Race Times in 2008 (Read 3053 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear pretty 27:43/4:40:55 me too (this year at least) - 28:16 Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

It will take me forever to read all these, and by the time I do, I'm sure someone will have replaced my name, but it was exciting to see it up there for now! Thanks Illene. You're amazing. Glad you're back running again. TanyaS - Your avatar is disgusting hysterical. Did you do the Susan Komen? What about the Tom King in March? Nice to have an almost neighbor.
      DoppleBock

Is the Clydesdale only for those races with Clydes divisions? I won the clyde division at a recent marathon - Weighed in at expo @ 223# and ran 2:58:36

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

223...2:58????!!!! Damn!!!!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

pfriese

Unbelievable! late October and I'm able to get back on the Best Race Times in 2008 list. Of course it's only because no one else has reported a 15Krace this year and I happened to have raced in the Tulsa 15K run yesterday. 1:13:59 chip time Paul
            DoppleBock

223...2:58????!!!! Damn!!!!
              1st time I broke 3:00 was a 2:56 weighing it at the expo at 232 - Twin Cities 2004. Clydesdale PR = 2:45 - Of course thats at #205

Is the Clydesdale only for those races with Clydes divisions?
                I'm assuming she's not being that particular. Most races don't have that. Though I don't know if Clydedale was defined as 200+ or not. I'm assuming it is supposed to be 200+. I'd have to do some serious weight loss to get under 200 but I suppose it is possible for me to do. I have my avatar all ready for next spring when I hit the big 40 Smile

Hi Ilene, Could you put down for a 2:04:33 at 30k? You must be getting ready to race somewhere, heh? It's been more than 2 weeks without one Big grin
                  Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

#artbydmcbride

Big grin This Saturday MTA: Damn you are fast, Jim!!

Runners run

I had a 2:42:22 at Philladelphia this morning.... Really cold day but nice for running. Proving again that if we can't get faster we can at least get older! I'll right a typically pathetic RR tomorrow. Ray
                      DoppleBock

I am in the clydesdale category - Been a throw a way year, but I thought I would post my times 5k 20:44 - Bridgewood New Year Day (Race 1 time) 5 Mile 30:38 - Heart and Sole race (Raced distance 1 time) 10k 37:53 - Brett Younger memorial (Raced distance 1 time) Marathon 2:57:51 Rails to Trails (Raced distance 5 times) 50M 7:36:36 Ice Age (Raced distance 1 time) 100M 18:52:45 (Time from 24 hour race) 24 Hours 123.57 miles - FANS 24 hour race (Raced distance 1 time) PRs were in my 2nd 50 Miler and 1st time over 50 miles Sad that I only ran 8 races this year Cry I am usually good for 15-20

DoppleBock

I also make the assumption clydesdale is for people 200# or more. I have raced between 210 and 235 this year. The only race I was under 215 was for the 24 hour race in June Big grin

#artbydmcbride

You may have the age group win for some of those times too! How old are you Dopple Bock? Smile You may have to post more next year also!

Runners run

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Ilene: How about M55-59 8K 36:09 Big grin

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

#artbydmcbride

Very very nice! Wink

Runners run