Masters Running

Best Race Times in 2008 (Read 3053 times)

I ran a 10k this morning that went a long ways towards helping me get over the disappointment of having to scratch out of yesterday's planned 10-miler because of gastro intestinal problems. The race was run in Golden Gate Park over much of same route used for the San Francisco Half Marathon. Time for the 10k was 39:38 1st 60-64 and 14th overall out of estimated 200 or so.
    Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
      Ilene, I'm almost embarrassed to post this, but what the hey... I ran a 10K today, and because it's my FIRST 10K in 2008, and no other females in the 55-59 have posted... I did it in 1:03. I can and will do better in the Cotton Row on Memorial day, but this was an afternoon, warm temp race/NOT MY FAVORITE conditions. Yes My next posting will be the 1/2 on March 15th. Thanks for keeping me motivated! Helen
        I may be the one and only member of this forum to run a 25K race this year but what the heck! The M45-49 category is all mine for the moment! 1:48:49

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

PJH

Squeaked in a 1:53:21 HM today for M55-59. I'm sure this won't be standing for long. PJ
            hi Ilene - would you update my best time in the F 45-49 age group to 2:02:08 - that was my PR at the Hyannis 1/2 -- next goal for me will be a sub 2 hour!! thank you!!

denise

I see no 4 mile div but here goes 33:19 in heavy weight div 200-219, 207 pounds
                25K, AG 55-59...2:01:26
                  Thanks Ilene for already putting in my half time yesterday! Fussy's race report was right on target--rain for days and tremendous puddles in the final miles. And that is a race with some very fast masters runners. A 55-year-old woman ran it in 1:32! Sheesh!!!

#artbydmcbride

Great job TanyaS! Smile

Runners run

Wahoo I get the 4 mile spot for M 45-49. Then again nobody else has even run a 4 mile race let alone in my AG. Smile 25:32

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Hi Ilene, I lowered my 2008 5k best to 19:06 this morning, missing my seniors pr by 2 sec. Much appreciated it if you could replace the old with the new. Thanks buddy
                        Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
                        HermosaBoy

Hello Goddess Ilene, I have two races that I think might get me into this list... 4 Miles in 23:07 8k (call it 5 miles?) in 28:20 Not bad for a 1 armed man who hasn't done any speedwork. I am a very luck man!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Hello Goddess Ilene, I have two races that I think might get me into this list... 4 Miles in 23:07 8k (call it 5 miles?) in 28:20 Not bad for a 1 armed man who hasn't done any speedwork. I am a very luck man!!!
                            Not bad at all, you ringer! Ilene had better make you convert that to the 5-mile equivalent though (28:30). That's what I did with mine, except I had to add 12 seconds to my 8k time instead of the 10 you should because I'm slower Cry In case you think I'm picking on you, I will tell you that I'm probably one of the most anal people there is when it comes to course accuracy. There was a 5k this morning about 15 minutes from where I live, and I know that it's reasonably accurate but not certified. However, I thought I had a shot at sub-19 this morning and wanted to make sure if I did it that it would be real...I drove 2 hours to Sacramento to run on USATF certified course. Sick, heh? And I missed by 6 seconds and a fraction too. Sad Anyway, great racing. I can only imagine what you'll be running after some speedwork.
                            HermosaBoy

Not bad at all, you ringer! Ilene had better make you convert that to the 5-mile equivalent though (28:30). That's what I did with mine, except I had to add 12 seconds to my 8k time instead of the 10 you should because I'm slower Cry In case you think I'm picking on you, I will tell you that I'm probably one of the most anal people there is when it comes to course accuracy. There was a 5k this morning about 15 minutes from where I live, and I know that it's reasonably accurate. However, I thought I had a shot at sub-19 this morning and wanted to make sure if I did it that it would be real...I drove 2 hours to Sacramento to run on USATF certified course. Sick, heh? And I missed by 6 seconds and a fraction too. Sad Anyway, great racing. I can only imagine what you'll be running after some speedwork.
                              I'm with you Jim! The first time I went sub 18 for 5k, my garmin measured it as 3.04 -- I NEVER claimed it as a PR. I would rather have the course come up long versus short!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I'm with you Jim! ...my garmin measured it as 3.04...I would rather have the course come up long versus short!
                                That's a discussion for another time. For alll you know it could have been long (or short, or on the money). I don't beleive that GPS devices are reliable enough for the precision necessary to certify a course. I leave mine home for racing. I could use it the like a stopwatch and ignore the measurement if I wanted, but my Timex Ironman is lighter Wink