Masters Running

Best Race Times in 2008 (Read 3053 times)

Ilene....would you please add an 8K race list of race distances. It may be the only time I'm able to get in on the "best time" action....at least for a short while. Big grin Bethany Freedom Run 8K.....AG 45-49.......evryday...42:58 Maybe 8K is too close to the 5 mile race....in which case, nevermind! Big grin Thanks
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
    busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks Ilene! I'm not catching Ray in the marathon any time soon, but I do have two times, both PRs for me that I think are the best for my age slo (M45-50): 5K - 18:35 busiman 10K - 41:45 busiman
      -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
      also on Twitter

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Ilene AG 55-59 4 mi 29:03 - perchcreek (4 on the 4th Carrboro, NC)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Apparently I might be in for a 4 mile age group 50-54 best with a 31:08 Shocked Not too bad of a time but still it's mostly but default. Wink

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

#artbydmcbride

Thanks Ilene! I'm not catching Ray in the marathon any time soon, but I do have two times, both PRs for me that I think are the best for my age slo (M45-50): 5K - 18:35 busiman 10K - 41:45 busiman
            Are those in 2008, busiman? Cool Your log won't show, so I just want to check.

Runners run

Illene - I'm not overly thrilled with it, but could you put me in for my 10K on July 4th - 42:36 Angry Hopefully I'll better that at the Beach to Beacon on August 2nd! Wink Thanks MTA - 50-54 AG
                Ilene, I see that you've added an 8k category--good idea. It's more commonly raced than the 5 mile; at least around here it is. I have two 8k's this year. One was a 31:25 that I converted to 5-mile equivalent (31:37) and listed under 5-mile cateogry here. The other was a 31:28 that I ran more recently. You could either delete the 5-mile entry and record it as 31:25 under 8k, or just leave it there and record the 31:28 under 8k. Are you injured? I see were back in the groove for a few months but haven't run the last couple weeks. If so I wish you a speedy recovery. I see a bunch of new PR's this year. Yes
                Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

#artbydmcbride

Jim! Cool yes I am injured, nothing serious and I hope to start back running next weekend. Doc says one month, but of course that means 3 weeks in runner's terms. Big grin

Runners run

Ultrachick

Hi Ilene, How about adding 50 mile? I'm sure my time will be beat but 9:10:59 at the Finger Lakes Fifties. It was good enough to get me 2nd for women and first Female Master. Thanks, Kelly
                    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks ultrachick. me too ilene if the one at the end of the month works out again this year. ps ultra - where the Finger Fifty? I read most of the rr's and sure want to know about running 50 miles in 9hr/10 minutes, wow, fantastic but maybe I missed it (or intrepid?). My two have been 14 and 15 hours! thanks too to ilene. did you get out for your first trail event already. hope no face or other plants! Big grin

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Ultrachick

Still working on th e race report and will probably post it on the trail runner or ultra thread. Finger Lakes Fifties is in Hector, NY about 15 miles west of Ithaca in the Finger Lakes National Forest. Not really near any lake-ran by a couple ponds though. Big farm country-parts of the course cut through cow pastures where you have to make sure you close the gate behind you so the cows don't get out. Unfortunately, there weren't any cows out during the race- I was bummed-I was looking forward to running through cows! Big grin Kelly
                        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

MM #7877

5K - Clydesdale division - 5K - 24:41. Ran at St Henry Ohio 5K on 7.6.08. I can provide link to results if necessary.

Philippians 4:13.

#artbydmcbride

Nah, we trust you DfromBG, we won't even make you weigh in. Big grin But stick around and post so we get to know you. A race report would be sweet too.

Runners run

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Thanks Ilene... Sorry to bump MrPHinNJ, but I shaved a bit off his time... :-P M45 - 49 .. 32:19 ..... busiman
                              -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                              also on Twitter
                                WOW, a 12 K division!! even though it was technically 2007, can you put me in for 1:10:11 for a 12K I ran in Dec 2007?? F40-44. I am proud of that race, because of the brutal hills. Thanks!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."