Masters Running

Wednesday June 1st Stuff (Read 593 times)

Dave59

This week is a place holder between last weekend's 10k and the 5k coming up this Saturday.  Next week I'll start "training" again. 

Today was a 1 mile jog to the gym, 30 minute "rolling hills" program on the elliptical and a 1 mile jog back home.  Reduce the impact on my right foot which was a little sore yesterday.

Have a greta day.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I guess today is National Run Day?  Well, I went out and sort of ran.  3.1 miles to remind me how little I've been out and how far out of shape I've gotten. 

But it was a glorious morning, and it was a run, and I'm happy for that.  This one was for you, Leslie, and OM (for at least a little while), and anyone else that wanted to, but couldn't.

ETA: and Jlynne, too. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

...heck,

and here I thought it was National PoolRunning and Hiking Day......

well, there's always next year....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

I had a restless night from 2:30 a.m. on, so I was going to skip my run.   Lazily laid in bed and Hailey found that she can jump up there again to cuddle.   Around 5:30 a.m. I realize that it is National Running Day .... oh crap!     Fed Hailey, fed the puppies, cleaned up papers, then had just enough time for a short 2 miler .... shew!    Much nicer out there too .... still windy but only 58 non-humid degrees.

Happy Running Day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

If this had not been National Running Day I would surely have slept in.  I watched the NBA Finals game last night that ended just before midnight eastern time.  (I dislike greatly those 9PM tipoff times to get the west coast viewers.)  So this morning I had to force myself to get up and run a couple of miles in celebration of the Day.

The hamstrings are a little sore from the 10K race but also from walking up and down the stairs about a thousand times last week.  It's all good!  I'll probably try an easy-paced 6 miles tomorrow.  Time to start gearing up for the Relay.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

HermosaBoy

Rosie and I made it through 4.1 miles without any sport pepper related issues.  Smile

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Henrun

Ran a sprightly 3.1 miles before the H&H returned (thunder claps after I finished). My fastest 3 miler since my layoff.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Scorcher here today. Still lots of runners out on this National Running Day!  Yay for runners!

Seven Sweaty Shirtless miles in 58:41 (8:23)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

Yay for runners!

Crazy windy. Avenger Doggie and I put in a 49:16 out and back on a seasonal road. The dense forest and hills, blocked much of the wind. Made for a nice breeze. On the back part of the outing, a tree had been blown over the road.  The pooch had to rinse off before he was allowed back into the house. 

SteveP

Well, it's not a run, but I did walk a mile and a half with DH this morning. He loves that I'm on the DL and he can keep up with me these days Smile

Great pictures yesterday Dave. Take care of that foot.

Thanks for the run this morning Kevin. It was much appreciated.

Mike - best wishes to you and your family. We struggled with intervention issues with my father. Not a happy time for anyone.

It's windy here too Mary. We had gusts up to 50 mph yesterday. Thanks for all of the puppy pictures. They sure are getting big. I'll bet Karin is excited to come get the new addition to their family.

Trying hard to not be obnoxious with non-running posts, just wanted to stop in and wish you all a happy running day and make sure you're all behaving Big grin

It's not obnoxious at all JLynne...keep posting! and yes, we are counting the days until we head out to Michigan. We are very excited to be a family of four again.

Ran 9.2 hilly miles this morning---breezy and hot with t-storms on the way---all good and groovy.

Now time for the conference call zone.

Time to start gearing up for the Relay.

Bill

My log here says I'm on a streak of 7 days with 40.6 miles!  Doing back to back runs, I feel ready for the relay.  11.5 of those miles were in about a 12-hour period.  I met a friend for a run this morning at 7:00.  I had planned 4 but we did about 4.5 with the humidity up close to 90%.  Happy Running Day!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

lamerunner

Good morning, Cooling off but still humid with T storms predicted.  DS is at an all day field trip to Canobie Lake park ( small amusement park in southern NH) so I hope they don't get strormed out of there.

Nice runs already today for CNY, Perch, Opie and I am sure others. Jlynne, hang in there. Walking is better than notihing and you will come back strong.

I was not sure about running today but since it is national running day I may have to do a little somehting later.

Hugs to Leslie and Lynne...

Happy tapering to Erika and safe travels. that Newport race looks like fun!

Happy June.

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

My Dad needs to get me energy/sports drinks.

What are some good flavors for dogs?

Sniffing Butts, Tag

lamerunner

Avenger D--- beef barley, avenger stout, wild turkey-- oh wait that is something else.