Masters Running

Sunday August 21 Daily Runs and Such (Read 452 times)

evanflein

Really? It's this late and no daily yet? Ok, I'll jump in...

Here in Keystone, CO and just talked to Carolyn. I'm going to make the big step of heading out on my own to meet her to go for a run! Should be interesting... I'm what you might call "directionally challenged," but we'll give it a go! 

Edit to add profile from yesterday's race...

Mike E

MM #5615

Drop bread crumbs...I read that someplace...

evan, congrats on a fine marathon with 5th OA and 1st AG.  ribs, way to go with 1st AG in your 5K;

Nice long runs for wild, opie, and lame.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 60s and there was a light wind.  I got in 5 miles in a bit under 52:30 for a 10:28 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Good job yourself, Tom!  I ran a little more than originally planned, 5.8 mi., to meet my weekly mileage goal.  Getting close to my age so guess I could start a 50/50 thread.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Tramps

We may never hear from Erika again. Sad  But if we do, we’re looking forward to a RR.  Well done yesterday!

Holly—nice blistering paces yesterday!  You’ve got more speed than you realize.

Byll—great to see your perfect week of running come together so well.

Dave—sounds like about a 93% effort to me. Wink  Nice job.

Mari—how did your race turn out?

Dive—an extra $100 a month is cool!  But one late payment 6 years ago?  Deadbeat. Evil

Ribs—congrats on the AG win!  It must still be scorchingly hot down there.

Carolyn—I think your county fair needs a 5K and I know just the person to organize it.  Wink

Opie—that’s a long time on a treadmill; you’re a patient man.  Nice numbers, too.  I'm battling bad genes. Sigh.

I’m probably one of the few people whose 10-mile PR pace is about the same as their marathon PR pace.   That’s because the only 10-miler I ever do is this hilly race in late August.  But I did PR today at 1:19:02 (7:55).  Weather wasn’t bad for this time of year, which helped a lot.  Afterward, I did another lap around the course—very slowly.  Legs and lungs were okay, but I was baking in the sun by then.  With the warm up that put my total for the day at 21.5 miles.  I’ve earned a nap. Smile

P.S. MIke, isn't there more news to report? 

Be safe. Be kind.

Lamerunner - I've run a little of that!  Hoping to do some trail racing in that area in 2012.

Congrats to Erika and Ribs on their races!

Did an easy 9 with a friend this morning, finishing in the rain.  Was fun!  Friend is a reluctant runner (a young tri-girl who loves her bike) and I pushed her at the end - last mile sub 7.  She whined a little when we finished then an hour later texted that we have to go again soon. Mission accomplished. Wink

Puts me at a little over 72 for the week.  Taper time!

Got offered a short-term part-time job last night - assistant coach for a HM training group. Mostly beginners to HM distance.  Thinking about it.

Enjoy the gift!

Skip

Mike E

MM #5615

P.S. MIke, isn't there more news to report? 

Yes, there is--and I will--but after being gone for two days and sleeping for 13 hours, my DW has chores for me to take care of.  If she catches me down here, I'm toast!  Oh crap--I think I hear her--gotta go!

Drop bread crumbs...I read that someplace...

Yes the critters got to eat too!  

Hope you two had a nice run   Ericka & Carolyn 

Plan today run 10 miles then come back to the car & meet 2 others to run 8 more

Bad storm hit as I was finishing the 1st part we had to wait another 20 minutes which gave me a full half hour rest. They then said they wanted to go 11 so I figured I may as well since they run slow.  I talked them into a small shortcut coming back so we did 10.7 @ a 10:43 pace. 20.7 miles @10:23 pace for me this morning.  All in the rain except the last mile.

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Wow - Some incredible running yesterday!  Congratulations, folks!!

Erika - Nice profile.  Dang . . .

OM - When trail running, throw out all your ideas of what your pace should be.  It will always be slower.  Unless you're Erika, of course.

Between Friday and yesterday, I coughed up about half my left lung.  This morning, I coughed up the other half and am now working on the right lung.  I need chikin soop.  Cry

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

But I did PR today at 1:19:02 (7:55).  Weather wasn’t bad for this time of year, which helped a lot.  Afterward, I did another lap around the course—very slowly.  Legs and lungs were okay, but I was baking in the sun by then.  With the warm up that put my total for the day at 21.5 miles.  I’ve earned a nap. Smile

You know, racing a 10-mile PR and then running another 11.5 miles afterward is NOT easy...my legs would stiffen up and then make that second half very tough.  Congrats on the PR and on making it a tough LR too.

Erika - looks like Equinox all over - wow!

Mike - rest up and then tell us about it.  Hope you took pictures.

20 miles for me today, slow and interrupted a bit.  The first 14 miles were uneventful enough (ave pace 10:19), but then I arrived back home to hop on the TM ahead of the incoming thunderstorms, only to find DD getting ready to get on the TM (that never happens).  Well, I couldn't deter an effort toward exercise, so I ran another mile or so, running into a neighbor that I stopped to talk with for several minutes, then came back home to find her done, and hopped on the TM to finish out.  All that, and the storms passed us by.  I should have just stayed on the bike path.  Roll eyes

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

U.M.W.B

Happy Sunday everyone Smile

Had a good day today, 12 miles on my Mt Bike and then ran 5 pain free miles at a 10:51 pace,

Now its time to ice the knee and relax.

U.M.W.B

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Really tough runners in RA.. Mountain Goat Erika and Bionic Tramps.. geeesh you guys rock!

I did a "Tramps Mini" today. 1.5 mile warmup then 10K race and 4.2 miles EZ after (wanted to do 10 more but it was warm, I was hungry, legs were tired Smile )  The race was Running the Rails in Ypsilanti. Pretty hilly a nice upper 60s's with light rain ... not bad but still not 40's!

Ran past the master's woman winner down the chute and came in 2nd AG with a summer pace 8:18 (51:29). The AG winner was 8:08 pace.

Gotta show off the award medal.. very classy

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Maniac 505

Erica, When I saw your time and where you placed I thought the conditions must have been tough.  A few years ago I finished just a couple of minutes slower then you, but finished much farther back.  I didn't realize they changed the course until I saw the profile you posted.  The year I did it, it was a point  to point.  They bussed us out in the desert and we ran back to town.  there were some easy ups but the whole race was pretty much down hill.  The way they are doing it now is MUCH tougher.

Congrats on a great race.

And congrats to Perch for a great race

...25min caned out at the SoccerFields.

gave

my dad the RacingCrutches,

which help his mobility noticeably,

just have to make myself another pair

..............good running guys......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Had a fun trail run with Erika today!  Hope she finds her way back to Keystone following the breadcrumbs she dropped this morning...

I took her to Golden Gate Canyon state park, and we ran some of my usual favorite trails. Not as much elevation gain as her race yesterday, but higher altitude. Unfortunately neither of us had a camera with us... duh.  Here's the elevation profile:

Just a nice, easy run so she could take it easy after that race yesterday.  I'm sure running behind me helped her slow down her pace. Wink

Thanks for a fun run, Erika!  Hope I get to meet more of you RA people in real life in the future.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.