Masters Running

40s On the Run - Living Life to Its Fullest (Wk. of 05/04/08) (Read 387 times)

Top 'O the World!

Yay R2!!!! my chart says that's in the 'neighborhood' of an 8:11 ave pc!! Shocked pozzitivelly smokin'!!!
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      Farmer Jim - Good job!! Loved the line, "I came to the conclusion that I had reached my vomit quota for the month." Too funny! Granny Cindy - Congratulations! How many does that give you now?? It was a tuff, tuff morning for me. First, both the Hub and I slept lousy last night. Then, the wind was blowing so frigging hard this morning, I actually had to dip my head into it to keep from losing my hat. Between that and the cement legs I woke up with, I called it a day at 3.67 miles (was suppose to do 5) and 4 long and 4 short hill repeats. My knees were pretty sore last night and this a.m., and I finally figured out why while showering. I wore heels yesterday for the first time in over a month. That ain't happenin' again for awhile. So my first call at work this morning was a very irrate ex-husband of one of our clients. He has his own attorney and is absolutely not suppose to call this office. When I tried to remind him of that, boy did I get an ear full before he hung up on me. Whoa-dee! I called his attorney, spoke to the secretary, and asked that he be told to refrain from calling us again. The guy's a real jerk. Nice way to start the morning. Yep, you just gotta love family law!! (NOT!) Happy Hump Day!! Clowning around

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

4.1 this morn easy pace, I had a what the heck was I thinking moment when considering a tempo for today. Hope you all are having a great day, hopefully you day will finish better than it started Leslie.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Top 'O the World!

Granny Cindy - Congratulations! How many does that give you now?? How many do I get to count?!?! Evil grin Big grin bios: 3, steps: 6, "fosters"(offspring of those kids who spent a majority of their HS years growing up- as in, eating my groceries- in my house!): 12-ish, & one son is dating a woman w/3 from prior marriage.... So my first call at work this morning......... Yep, you just gotta love family law!! (NOT!)
          we should share stories!! years ago, when I lived in NE, I worked for a time as 911 dispatcher.....would've been preeetty quiet w/o domestic disturbances! Big grin R2- how'd you miss the rain this am??? my map looked like it was in your area too Confused
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Hey Cindy ,Congratulations!!! That's awesome and he's a nice size too!! Another new runner!! Smile Way to go Farmer Jim!!! Whoa, that's fast!!! You must be one of those fast people like Arla likes to say! 24:25 is Great! Good for you and DW too! Leslie- sounds like you might just need to rest a little bit! Sounds like you're always in motion! Don't worry, you'll get it all accomplished! Yes Arla-you have a very consistent log full of runs going! Great job !! After concentrating on speeding up for this past race,time for me to concentrate on going slower.I'm going to try and find a slower pace for my slow runs, and I think the oncoming heat of summer will help. Cool

btb1490

I popped in to say CONGRATS to nj joe and r2farm on their excellent races! (Cindy, I already congratulated you for yours! But congrats of a different kind for your new addition to the family!) And a big HELLO to everyone else here, keep up the great work gang! Smile

Top 'O the World!

There ya are Bob!! Hi!! {{{{waving}}}} Thanks again! & THANK YOU!!! HUGELY for donating to my TNT fundraiser! Smile I'm getting excited about wearing purple for my Denver Marathon in Oct! I'm still a bit creaky yet this am..especially after sitting/lying about for a bit (like sleeping! Roll eyes )..nothing really hurts, just not moving very fluidly....'things' seem to work best when I just keep moving a bit....have my Thurs eve Snug Runners tonite....whaddya think? I think (at this point) I'm gonna go & jog/walk as much as I'm able & see how that works! poor Mairead is sure feeling neglected! Cindy
                btb1490

There ya are Bob!! Hi!! {{{{waving}}}} Thanks again! & THANK YOU!!! HUGELY for donating to my TNT fundraiser! Smile I'm getting excited about wearing purple for my Denver Marathon in Oct! Cindy
                  Ahh, you're very welcome! And hopefully the purple you will be wearing during your marathon will be the color of your singlet, and not the color of your face! Wink

Top 'O the World!

LOL!! I got that!!! Big grin Big grin
                      You know, you are all simply the best! I just love reading of your adventures and perspectives. There is a certain vibe here that is hard to explain. Sort of a moving ahead, yet rolling with the punches feeling that is comforting and inspiring. Congrats to Cindy, NJ Joe and R2 for AWESOME race performances, and even better race reports! For our halfers, your tales of recovery are cracking me up! R2, your 5K time is awesome, and I love the nametag system for keeping up who finished where. Hanging out with that running magazine editor dude must be rubbing off! Cool that your wife is running too! And WTG Granma Cindy. Awesome that you can be a part of your grandkids lives...they will be richer for that. I'm still interested in a destination run with meetup. Right now it doesn't sound too good tho. Hubby and I are still sick and just hoping to be well enough to depart for our vacation when planned. He'd doing better, so maybe there is hope for me too since I caught it a few days after he did. It's been six days since my last run (do I sound like an alcoholic?). Anyone else have night leg cramps if they don't run for a few days? I'm noticing a trend there. Anyways, I've been popping in to read, just haven't had the energy to post much. I love you guys, and will miss reading your adventures next week. Be good (but not too good) while I'm gone. Oh, and whatever happened to BTY, Tamara40, Oxfordmom and Woodwoman, just to name a few? Anybody know how to reach out to them?
                      Progress Trumps Pefection
                        I think a Masters Meet Up '09 would draw more involvement. Everyone already has vacation plans or scheduled races for this year. Just my .2 cents! Congrats to G-Ma Cindy! r2-Way to go on your race. You have really been knocking off some time with each and every race! So busy...hello to everyone, on my lunch break (came home) and I gotta get back to work! Jewels
                        But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                          Oh, and whatever happened to BTY, Tamara40, Oxfordmom and Woodwoman, just to name a few? Anybody know how to reach out to them?
                          Carol - I was thinking the same thing the other day. We need to add Sapphire and SillyBear to the list. Tamara completed her marathon, started studying for her broker's license (I think Confused) and we never heard from her again. We'll miss hearing from you, but have a great vacation! Just to let you guys know, I've told my friend, Karen, that if anything ever happens to me (devoured by a rabid dog, runover by a runaway garbage truck, whatever), she's suppose to get on this site and let you know if I'm dead or alive. None of this, "What the heck happened to her??" . . . . . of course, I'm assuming you'd want to know. Roll eyes Wink Bob - It's good to hear from you! Pop in more often, if you get the chance. Cindy - Your TNT fundraiser - what's it all about? You probably already told us, but in one eyeball out the other . . . Jewels - A 2009 meet up is definitely better. Gives us more time to plan. Right now, I couldn't do anything else this year. It's already packed. This morning went much better than yesterday, although I was only scheduled for 3 miles (in 30:18) and strength training. Luckily, the route I chose sent me by a gas station. Shocked Many thanks to the attendant for letting me use the facilities. Well, tonight the new Board of our legal professionals association gets installed, and I'll be starting my second 2-year term as governor of our association (nobody else stepped forward to run). Plus, I agreed to be the Probate Legal Specialization Section Leader on the state level for the next two years, which means I have to put together a seminar on probate matters at 4 state-wide quarterly and 2 regional conferences. All of this will look good on my resume . . . right?? Have a good day

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Check out this guys' drawings at this web site: http://users.skynet.be/J.Beever/pave.htm His name is Julian Beever and he does 3 dimensional drawings on sidewalks. It's really incredible. I tried to post a couple of pictures, but they came out too blurry.

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Got my HR monitor this morning! It's charged up, ready for use, and tells me that contrary to popular opinion, I do have a heart. Wink

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

LESLIE!! Big grin ** giggling!** this might help: http://www.roadid.com/Common/default.aspx Re my TNT fundraiser: Team in Training is a group that's raising $$ for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society whilst training athletes & "non-athletes" for endurance events..We signed me up for a webpage & I'm meeting Sat.am w/my coaches (I git a team! Wink ) to start my training/mentoring for the Denver Marathon in Oct.....I sent you an email w/the links....my page is also @ the bottom of my sig. It's been six days since my last run........ Big grin I'm really sure thar's a 12-Step program out thar somewhar's fer us!! Big grin............... I met up w/the Snug Runners for 3.1 *easy* (sic*) miles around the park......legs feel like lead....T.G. for Mairead! or I wouldna maid it...she's gotten acustomed to moving along faster than 18 min mile....& if I don't tell her otherwise, she's okay w/pulling me along! Clowning around really though, it was work...but I was trying to deliberately go about a 13 min pace....weirdly enough, when I relax, I speed up!? Confused WUWT? ended up w/about an 11 min pace...I didn't walk at all, but had to keep talking myself down....& things were loosening up by the end so I coulda maybe went another BLOCK! lol! What's a good recovery schedule?? & I have another HM end of June....& does chocolate & alcohol fit in okay?!...... ~ beer has carbs, but what about margaritas? nutritional values please!