Masters Running

Wednesday's Daily, 1.7.15 (Read 30 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone!

Question: How do you all manage your website passwords? I've been using Dashlane for a while, and I like it. I'm sure it's not completely foolproof, but it is reasonably secure, and provides good functionality. It lets me use my own passwords, stores them securely on my computer, and logs me in to different sites automatically when I have it running.

So, are we all going to start comparing bedspreads with Steve now? I can tell you that ours doesn't have any critters on it, except when the cat is sleeping on it.

Nice jacket, Stumpy! Blue or green?

Lots 'o football talk going on! Looks like an interesting bet offered by Jlynne to Ribs. I also have a half marathon in May.

Maybe I should take a look at the Danbury Half Marathon too, if there is going to be a mini East-coast meet-up there. See - Henry and Marj ARE everywhere!

The Budget Committee meeting last night was headed to be a very late meeting, and not all topics on the agenda would make it to the floor in time. My warrant article was near the end of the agenda. Fortunately, I had told the Chairwoman beforehand that I would not be able to make it to their next meeting (when they would continue these discussions), so she jumped us forward last night so we could get our item checked off. Everything went fine until they got to the guy I like so much. He gave us a very hard time over some issues that don't really matter. I engaged him as little as possible, and the Town Manager backed me up on our points. About 11 people supported our warrant article, and 3 opposed it. I get to go back again next week for a different warrant article - I sure am a lucky guy!

No workout this morning - I ended the day yesterday with a cough, and so wanted to give my throat some rest. If I do OK today, and if it isn't too bitterly cold tomorrow, I hope to hit the roads again then.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Green, Jay.  I always go for the brightest color possible.

5.1 miles this morning.  Around 14F and calm was very pleasant.  Tried another clothing arrangement that also ended up a little warm.  But have enough zippers and layers let me customize.  There was a dusting of snow that wasn't slippery in and of itself, but the icy remnants of the previous were a bit tricky at times.  Also a nice waning moonset--missed the full moon yesterday in the haze.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

You certainly keep your evenings busy Jay!

Holly, I meant to comment the other day...I've had Bike the Kentucky Bourbon Trail on my list for quite some time. Problem with getting it done is most all of my biking friends are Bud Light or Miller Lite beer drinkers and visiting distilleries on a bike tour isn't appealing to them.

Brrrr...nuff said

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

I'm with tet for the Packers for one more game, at least.  As Tramps pointed out, they're community owned, which I love, and the Cowboys are just not "America's team," and really alienated me when they claimed to be that. 

People!  It was so chilly here this am, I had to don my long-sleeved Cities marathon shirt with my shorts on my run this am.  And it's going to get majorly windy tonight!    [just pointing out, this is part of why I can handle the H&H in July....  and there's the Key West Marathon in October]  Beautiful moon this week!

SO happy, Pedro's going to Cooperstown.  There should be a marathon there at the end of July.

Got a pair of Cliftons (Hoka) to go with my recovery stage.  They're good, but the Skechers I have (Ultra) are cushier, or so says my ankle.

Jay, your town is lucky to have you.

If  we had a printed bedspread, DH's side would be Star Trek and mine would be Pedey's Laser Show.  That has a kind of symetry, no?

Third morning in a row sort of jogging for me.  I may be able to break 10 minute miles by Boston.

Speaking of our fair city, really interested in reading about the jurors they find who are able to be impartial.  As for a busman's holiday, I might consider checking out the trial if it's still going on, which it well may be, come April.

Happy Wednesdays....it's still flatbread night at our house.   Infinite varieties, and easy --> and yummy.

grins,

A

ps; looking at the Blister in the Sun marathon in August---related to the Flying Monkey marathon in some way.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

C-R

Busy in here.

Amy - I love my sketchers. Best trainer I've ever tried. Light and supportive. Tried Hokas - did not like

Blister in the sun is RD'd by a friend of Trents (Monkey RD) and has the cast of usual Nashville characters also seen at Monkey. I am actually thinking of running the stupid thing. The name does not lie.

A couple of recovery miles this morning with a lunch run scheduled. 5 degrees so I may get my MMTD badge today.

Cheers until later.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

coastwalker boy I just love meetings!  The longer and later the better!  You poor guy.

mrrun and henrun see you in Danbury!

Mike E I checked and if you do two marathons in the same state prior to doing all 50 states it is just a misdemeanor.  Hardly any jail time involved!  

evanflein how do you run, or just survive, in that cold!!?  It is supposed to be 7° tomorrow morning here in CT and I am pretty sure that is going to put me on the TM.

No run for me today since I ran yesterday, just time on the elliptical.

As for password managers I use Lastpass.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

I'm old skool. for my passwords, I have them all written down on a piece of paper that I keep with my work calendar, that is always with me in my work bag of goodies. 

track workout after work. 4x800m at target pace of 4:00. with 3 minute recoveries. oh, how I will love those 3 min recoveries!

Tammy

I know you're supposed to change your password all the time, but I can hardly keep track of the 3 I use on a regularly basis, let alone changing everything.  *sigh*  If a hacker finds me, he/she will have a field day.   On the upside, I now know where to  look for Tammy's passwords!

MikeE - Two days in SF won't be long enough.  It really is a very neat city.  And it all depends on what you like to do.  If you message me with your interests, I'll shoot back some information.  The Hub has spent quite a bit of time down there and can direct you to some of the more colorful or out of the ordinary places, especially regarding food.

Since I need to make this short and sweet - 1 hr of stationary bike - 10 min warm up, 3 min intervals w/each minute progressively harder, 3 min recovery - rinse, wash, repeat - 5 min cool down.

Outta here . . .  for now . . . .

PS - I, too, was afraid to touch the whole Batman thing  . . .

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Brr!  It is supposed to get down to (-9) here tonight, and that's before the wind chill, so I am betting they close the schools so the kiddos don't freeze at the bus stop.  Now up in Erika-land, they wear hoodies or unzipped coats at 40 below and scoff at us....

No run for me today.  My right knee has been on and off sore lately, and last night I twisted it when I was horsing around with DD, so I gave it the day off and did 30 minutes or so of weights and core instead.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

mrrun

Off this morning to see the Goya exhibit at the MFA for the second time before it left.  Walking home from there (around 3 miles), I got picked up by a neighbor who said it was too cold to walk.  So I donned running clothes and ran 4 miles.

we have passwords in a spreadsheet with a really weird name, but also vary them

dinner tonight for friends with two of two cat's recipes - bourbon potatoes and cauliflower   also stuffed portabella - our friends are bringing the vino

MikeE - San Francisco is a wonderful city - listen to fatozzig. we love it

marj

evanflein

Brr!  It is supposed to get down to (-9) here tonight, and that's before the wind chill, so I am betting they close the schools so the kiddos don't freeze at the bus stop.  Now up in Erika-land, they wear hoodies or unzipped coats at 40 below and scoff at us....

We do have the same issues with the kids that everyone has. We pass them on the way to work as they're waiting for the bus... in sneakers, light jackets, no gloves/mitts or hats. I remember my kids insisting that "it's not that cold!" but always appreciating a ride to the bus stop. Now they both love wearing wool socks and long underwear when it's cold. After a few years, they realize it's not "cool" to be cold all the time!

I used to regularly run outside down to -10, and during the daylight (weekends) would even run in -20's temps. I can handle some cold, or some dark, but don't care for cold and dark! Now that I'm in my mid-50's and not training for anything at the moment, I just don't want to deal with much below zero crap. So.... I love my treadmill! But even that gets old. It should warm up here soon (so they say) and I'll be outside again this weekend. But... by warm up I mean it might get to +10° Friday and Saturday. Woot!

I love SF too, but it's very expensive. Sorta like NYC. Love how Marj's friend thought it was too cold to walk, so she went running instead!

Take care of that knee, Holly! You too with that ankle, Amy!

I'll run later. Not sure what, but pretty sure it'll be inside unless it's really warmer at home. Then it'll be hills. In the dark.

C-R

We're in for a few days of cold here in the Midwest. Got my lunch run and it was 3 with a typical steady breeze. No clue what the windchill is/was but got 5.3 so checked off the MMTD thing. It was so pretty in the bright skies and sun. With the wind at your back it was really comfortable. I get your worry evanflein regards cold and dark. I see people out there in the evening and wonder if the drivers can really see them. Part of the reason I don't speed much anymore.

Smart move on relaxing that knee Holly.

I use Keepass cause it has a mobile option that allows me to keep things in different way.

Back to the grind stone.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

janie b good

re bedspreads ... I'm big into solid colors, but I could do a batman themed bedspread as long as I could paint the walls black or deep navy.  naturally, I'd need a lamp that was able to display the bat signal.

3.30 TM miles.  way too cold outside today and roads still icy from yesterday's snow.

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Dave59

I keep my website passwords in a spreadsheet called "Web Passwords" and I store it in my Dropbox so I can access from anywhere I might be when I forget a password.  Can't be much less secure than that.  (I just have to remember my Dropbox password.)

Work is very busy so I just don't feel much like reading or typing much when it isn't necessary.  Multiple high priority projects and a couple of the best programmers are out sick so I just drift from one thing to another until it's late enough in the afternoon to have a beer.

It is cold here too.  My thermometer just struck 10° today. But I have been resting my hip so all I have to do is get to and from the car.

Today I went to the gym and did a half hour on the ARC trainer.  I think my hip is good enough to try a run tomorrow.  Looking forward to that regardless of the weather.  If I wake up early enough I'll meet a group at Starbucks tomorrow at 5am.  We run from there to a park with trails, run for an hour, and then meet up for coffee afterwards.

Nice long runs for Mike and Twocat.

This morning, it was about 5° and windy.  Another 5 miles on the TM.  This time at a 10:47 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS