Masters Running

Tunesday the 21st (Read 32 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

So I'm sorta of tapering and have all this energy.  Just 5 this am.  Have great days, y'all.  .......whistling......<o I think that I found myself a cheerleader, she is always right there when I need her........>

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Quote of the day from yesterday's thread by Twocat: "it turned out Mr. Rossi may very well have cheated".

Good to see CNY is getting a respite from all that travel. I'm home the rest of July. Headed to Chattanooga in August.  You leave the Pennsylvania Station at a quarter to four, read a magazine and then you're in Baltimore...

The Saint and I did 4.5 and 3.1 miles respectively this morning in the park.  She likes to bump a bit ahead of me on Monday and Tuesday because I run long on Wednesday and she has to go to work.  A competitive one.

Thanks for the help last night Aamos getting swept. But I think we're done now anyway. Time to start selling players before the trade deadline.  Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

At the end of the article, is it suggesting that Rossi may have been responsible for running over Tony Rigdon during a triathlon two hours after posting a threatening tweet?  Or am I interpreting that wrong?

DH is still in West Virginia.  AAMCO ordered the transmission on Friday, to be delivered on Monday by noon, but there was a delay, and now the transmission isn't scheduled to arrive until 3pm today, so it looks as if DH will be staying another day.  He is stranded in the hotel room, bored to death.

With DH gone, so is the need to set the alarm for 5am, and so this morning I succumbed to extreme laziness and slept in until 6:30, thereby giving up my running time entirely.  (sigh)  I will try to make it up by doing a weights and core workout tonight.

So, how about them MN mosquitoes?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

So, how about them MN mosquitoes?

Aren't they the state bird?  Or was that Alaska?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

News report coming in . . . There are rumors that Holly S. sabotaged an AAMCO warehouse over the weekend.  Police are investigating.  That is all for now.  Additional details at 11.  

I am really happy to report that enkephalin has joined the Rosie Ruiz Relay team for this year's Reach the Beach Relay.  That gives us 6 guys and 5 gals.  So if there are any RAers here that are thinking of joining up let me encourage you to do so and fast!  There is just one spot left and when it is gone, it is gone!

Today was a no nothing as yet day for me seeing as how I had an early appointment for an echo cardiogram.  That is done and if there is nothing to report (which was the outcome last year) maybe done for the foreseeable future with them too.  This is just a followup to get a baseline in case anything comes up in the future.  A few years ago they thought they saw a minor valve deformity.  So minor the doctor thought it might just be a shadow on the picture.  Real or not, the doctor said should not be treated unless there was a significant change in it.  Then last year they did not see the deformity at all.   This year is supposed to be the tie breaker.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

nice amy.
              As for me, I’m leavin’ on a jet plane, all my bags are packed and ready to go, I couldn’t be happier than he makes me be. However, as marge and other GP’s know, I’ll probably be very ready for a break on Saturday when all I have to do is run a marathon.

ps twocat - maybe enke can find someone for that extra spot.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

ps twocat - maybe enke can find someone for that extra spot.

no bikes allowed.

nice amy.
                  As for me, I’m leavin’ on a jet plane, all my bags are packed and ready to go,

...well, it ain't no use to sit and wonder why babe.......

[[[[[[twocat]]]]]]]]

===========

returning fro 3-days in the Land of Concrete,

I wonder if they do this to make you GLAD to have your hip sawed off......

had literally 10-patient portal messages this morning, and NONE of them tell me any conclusions

I love the New Health Care Delivery System...........................n0t

==========

30-min poolrun

probably another tomorrow

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I was pretty sure I heard that news report, as well, TC.  Well done, Holly...well done.

So, for two nights after my 1500 last week, I tossed and turned at night thinking about how I wish had worked harder and was looking forward to the next time I had the chance to push through the pain of running to where you think you just can't push any harder.  I was actually craving to feel that pain.  Well, last night, I had that chance in my first speed workout of my marathon training.  It's amazing how quickly that craving left.  I was supposed to do 5 x 1000 in 3:36.  I only managed 3:40 for each.  Oh well...that's the way it goes.

Okay--that's all the time I have--gotta go.  See ya!

News report coming in . . . There are rumors that Holly S. sabotaged an AAMCO warehouse over the weekend.  Police are investigating.  That is all for now.  Additional details at 11.  

Enjoy, Holly.  Nice long run, Twocat.  Good job on the speedwork, Mike.

This morning, it was in the mid 60s with a light breeze.  I struggled to talk myself in to getting out the door and slogged through 6 miles at an 11:59 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

This morning, it was in the mid 60s with a light breeze.  I struggled to talk myself in to getting out the door and slogged through 6 miles at an 11:59 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Good for you, Tom.  I personally lost that arguement this morining and then overslept to top it off.  Bleh.

HermosaBoy

Howdy all!

Just another day of job hunting.  Phone calls from recruiters with wonderful opportunities.  Let's turn those into offers please.  At least I woke up to an email setting up a follow-up interview from the one yesterday.  Smile

8 Mile easy run followed by 6x100 strides.  5k race tomorrow --UGH!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

mrrun

I also gave up the struggle and went for a bike ride instead followed by a little kayaking this afternoon.  My other half conquered the struggle and ran!

Good luck to tomorrow's racers - even if it's a short one

marj

Marathon Maniac #957

Just another day of job hunting.  Phone calls from recruiters with wonderful opportunities.  Let's turn those into offers please.  At least I woke up to an email setting up a follow-up interview from the one yesterday.  Smile

You are doing a great job of staying on top of this.  I have high hopes that you will find a wonderful opportunity soon.

Now we need to start working on Mike.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks Ribs!

Hey Aamos---saw the FB post....sticking close to home that weekend, but neat idea. Up early to get in 7 miles with 15 x 30 seconds hard/30 seconds easy before reporting for jury duty. We were all released at 10:30 after a plea deal was reached. All good for three years and lots of found time today. hurray!

I broke up with the 5k or at least we are legally separated right now. Would probably be good to do them for speed work, but I don't want to! Good Luck though to all the braver racers

Great news on Enke joining the relay! One of these years the timing will work and with luck you'll still be doing this Twocat. Hope the heart stuff is indeed okay.