Masters Running

December Masters Miles and 2013 Totals (Read 62 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

39.1  for dec

729.6 for 2013

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Bryant

This is one of my favorite places to run.  I go down the street and I'm in the country at about 2 miles where I took this.  Living in a suburb, that is changing constantly.  However, the benefit is a place to get water and use a porta-potty in new housing developments being built.  This road, Bryant, gradually rises in elevation going north so it makes a very nice out and back run for a progression.  When I turn east, I get some good rollers, too.

I had 207.2 miles for the month, only the 2nd time this year to break 200.  I'm excited that I met my goal of 2,000 miles for the year (not even a tenth of a mile over because that was enough)!  For the year, I had Personal Records in the 5k, 8k, 1-hour, 15k and the marathon.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

well this has been the worst year of running for me since I started running about 7 yrs ago.

December: 5.6 miles

2013: 750 miles.

I don't even have the desire to go review any of my races to see if there were PR's. I think there were at least two AG awards, but everything else was pretty "meh" so I'm choosing to just file 2013 away, get this injury healed and move on to better things.

Tammy

Tramps

Thanks for your service all year long, Carolyn. This thread was a pleasure to read and your race & run exploits—with wonderful photos—were excellent.

Triumph or troubles, it's always good to read about what everyone's been doing.  Good luck in 2014!

As for me...

December miles = 108.1

2013 miles = 2586.7

PRs

• Most miles in a year
          • 10K PR
          • 10 mile PR

That’s a lot of miles for me. Five of my top 10 mileage months were this year. I won’t be repeating that in 2014 but am hoping I stay healthy enough to run 2000 again and balance that with some core work and cross training—things I’ve had difficulty maintaining for very long.

Thanks to everyone here for the encouragement and inspiration!

I don’t really take photos often but I copied this proof.  A mediocre race but an odd little bit of history, I suppose.

Be safe. Be kind.

Brilliant

December: 135 miles.  That's a record for me.

2013: approx 1150.  My goal was 1200 but I didn't feel like running 50 miles that last 2 days of the year. Wink

I PRed in 5k, 10k, and half marathon. Do I have to post the times?  I'm pretty slow!

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

Brilliant you know master means over 40.

Or  that is an old picture.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

169 miles for December

1850 or so miles for 2013 (I know there's a way to get the number from the training log but am too lazy to figure it out)

No picture (posting pics is easy on KR)

Brilliant

Brilliant you know master means over 40.

Or  that is an old picture.

Oh, you're my new best friend!

I'm over 40.  That pic is less than a year old, but I think the instagram effect is so blinding it's hard to tell. Smile

Henrun

Carolyn-our thanks also for your year long efforts.

henrun-46.2;YT-581.9; Cycling-235

Marj-68;YT-930;Cycling-921

CassadAAmius

Hello old frens. Smile

2013 was a subdued year for me competitively, but a good year for fun and sanity while going through a life transition.

88 miles swimming

4000+ miles biking

A mere 282 miles running.

Lots of good things to look forward to in 2014, including aging up.

Run on, everyone!

dAAve

Tramps

Gotta say hi to Dave!  I was just thinking about you watching the Winter Classic.

Great to hear from you.  Drop in this year when you have a chance.

Be safe. Be kind.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Most of my runs are in the county park, and here is my starting point. Oftentimes, my biggest decision is which direction to go, left (for the two north loops) or straight (south). As Yogi says, when you come to a fork in the road, take it. Smile

After three years of trying, I finally broke 2000 miles. This was the first year since I started racing that I had no surgeries get in the way of my running and training, so I think that made the difference. Glad to report no running injuries this year either, considering all my mileage. It's been a very good year. Smile

December = 188.5 miles

2013 = 2115 miles

race PRs:

8k  = 40:58

5 mile = 42:36

half marathon = 1:55:11

evanflein

Hi Daave!!

coastwalker

Hi WIldchild and everyone else,

138.6 racewalking miles for Dec., which was my highest-mileage month of the year.

1381.1 miles for the year, which is a new yearly high for me.

This is a favorite spot on one of my routes. It is a downhill curve by the ocean. Straight ahead, about 4 miles away, is Hampton Beach, NH. On a clear day, we can see Cape Anne in Mass., a little left of center Right around this curve, one gets a face-full of westerly breezes most mornings - nice in the summer, but not so much so this time of the year.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Hi dAAve!

Thanks Carolyn!

cant post pic from phone will add later

Dec 311 (2nd highest ever)

2013: 2604

Ran a 10+ mile run each day for 55 days.. on the way to 60 for my 60th year of life!

running streak hit 1232 days avg  7.5 miles/day

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova