Masters Running

Thursday, May 5th runs and stuff (Read 793 times)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Good morning all,

I've been crazy busy at work - I'll catch up with yesterday's postings later today.

In the meantime - thought I'd kick off the thread for Thursday.  I ran 11 miles in the Cardio Cinema this morning, while watching Tropic Thunder.  Legs are feeling a little better.

Time to plan the menu for Mom's Day.  Steaks on the grill are always a crowd pleaser.  Unfortunately, Long-Suffering Mrs. PBJ will have a quiet 2nd half to her Sunday.  I will be chauffering PBJster #1 and #2 and their friends to the Bruno Mars concert in Boston.  It was originally scheduled for Satruday night when we bought the tix, but Bruno postponed it a day.  We debated whether we should return the tickets, but I think it will be an unforgettable experience for the female PBJsters (even if it's a school night).  PBJ Jr. and Long-Suffering can have some quality time together.

Enjoy the day everyone.. 

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Sounds like a good plan for the PBJster's!

I felt Jet propelled, running in the cool 42°
      7 miles at 7:47 pace

Big milestone in my run every day, no stretching, no cross training experiment... I hit 2000 miles today (not for the year, but since I started running every day in August.... 261 days so far!) ....and I ran in Asics2140's with1555 miles.. comfy!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Thanks for kicking us off again PBJ with a nice 11 miler on the treadmill.    I think Long-suffering will enjoy her afternoon  .... can't say I have ever heard of the Bruno Mars.

Perch - I'm tap, tap, tapping along with you.    Awesome mileage!

TwoCat - So happy that your wife wanted to see photos of the pups.   That tickles me.

Congrats to Daddyo's son - another fine race!

Opie!!!

Nothing again today .... shit!    I got up but it was so cold outside and my head was all foggy....I simply went back to bed for a little bit.    Hopefully I can eek out a short one tomorrow if it isn't raining and a bit warmer too.     I did sleep better again.   DH said he only had to roll me over twice with my snoring.   Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

PBJ...I'm also in the planning stages of the Mothers Day menu. If luck has it there'll be Morel Mushrooms on the plate. It's the right time of the season but I don't think we've had the sunshine needed. We're going hunting anyway.

I've started a basement bathroom remodel that is progressing very slowly. I haven't had a day yet where I could put much more than 1 1/2 hours in. Now  Saturday is shaping up to be a work day...<<sigh>>

On the upside, I had a very pleasant 6.9 mile run this morning. Pace felt easy, mind was wandering, just one of those auto pilot runs.

Happy Running !

Slo

Sounds like a good plan for the PBJster's!

I felt Jet propelled, running in the cool 42°
            7 miles at 7:47 pace

Big milestone in my run every day, no stretching, no cross training experiment... I hit 2000 miles today (not for the year, but since I started running every day in August.... 261 days so far!) ....and I ran in Asics2140's with1555 miles.. comfy!

Perch...I some how missed your post. DAMN nice run ! I love those temps.

Congrats on the milestone too. That's pretty huge!

I haven't had a day yet where I could put much more than 1 1/2 hours in. Now  Saturday is shaping up to be a work day...<<sigh>>

I think you need to come to Green Bay and relax for a weekend Wink

Congrats Perch on your consecutive running milestone! And, that's a LOT of miles on one pair of shoes. You must be a running shoe salesman's worst nightmare.

(((Mary))) Hope you kick that cold soon. I've been meaning to ask you - are all of the puppies spoken for? When is your race? And where has Hallar been?

Wish my DH was putting in as much thoughtful planning for mother's day as you, PBJ. Your menu sounds like a winner to me.

6 miles this morning, 9:36 pace. The Cellcom is a week from Sunday and my longest run has only been 9 miles (I'm only doing the half). I think I could be in big trouble  Oh well, as my 6 year-old great nephew always says, "Aunt Jeanne, you get what you get and you don't have a fit."  Children are so smart Big grin

Mike E

MM #5615

Mothers' Day?  Is that coming up, soon?

Mariposai

A quiet day for mother's day sound mahhvelous!! Mrs. PBJ will have fun, I am sure.

Opie, it is so great to see you here. Tell me us how your running is going? When is your next race?

Rest day today. My house will welcome the extra time to do some homecaring tonight since we have friends coming over for the weekend. Does shampooing the carpet in the living and family room count as cross training? Clown

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

. Does shampooing the carpet in the living and family room count as cross training? Clown

..either that,

or Cruel and Unusual Punishment.......

=======

...rest day..........trailrun tomorrow......

................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

(((Mary))) Hope you kick that cold soon. I've been meaning to ask you - are all of the puppies spoken for? When is your race? And where has Hallar been?

Oh well, as my 6 year-old great nephew always says, "Aunt Jeanne, you get what you get and you don't have a fit."  Children are so smart Big grin

The pups are all spoken for and my race is a week from Saturday.   Yikes!!    I know Hallar was having trouble on the job front, I just hope he is okay!    I love the quote - I'll need to remember that next week. 

Yes indeed Butterfly lady!!

Sorry, but this one is just too cute to keep to myself.....4 out of the 5 girls.....

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

I think you need to come to Green Bay and relax for a weekend Wink

Almost time !  Now all the 2nd guessing begins. I feel like I was better prepared for a Marathon 2 weeks ago. Fighting the urge to go out and see what's in the tank...I wish I could go back and re-do those last two weeks of training. Standard taper stuff.

I see the bib numbers are up. I already forgot my number. They also have the Athlete tracking up too. Last year I had text messages sent to the kid's cell phones but I didn't tell them.  Kids can't resist looking when a text notification comes in...I was laughing everytime i crossed a timing mat.

wildchild

Carolyn

Last year I had text messages sent to the kid's cell phones but I didn't tell them.  Kids can't resist looking when a text notification comes in...I was laughing everytime i crossed a timing mat.

Big grin   Great way to keep a smile on your face while you're racing!

Hi Opie!  Welcome aboard!

I love the trail running parallel of pool running in a river.  Maybe a lake would be a better parallel, though.

Perch, amazing that your shoes are holding together after 1500 miles. So good to see you running strong!

Another wonderful trail run yesterday after work, 8 miles at 10:15 avg pace.  I ran at Chatfield State Park, on a trail along a lake (well, really a reservoir) and then along the river that feeds the lake.  It's all single track, mostly in the woods with a couple of meadows, and everything is getting so green!   The light was beautiful in the woods with the sun low in the sky, going down toward the mountains.  I felt so grateful to be able to run without anything hurting (well I have a blister on my toe from Sunday's run, but everything else felt great!) 

Enjoy the gift, folks!  And for those of you on the DL, get well soon!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

I felt so grateful to be able to run without anything hurting

Something only those in the Master's forum can truly appreciate....Smile

PBJ – Bruno Mars – sounds like fun!

Opie!! – great to see you, Karl!

Perch – wow – very kewl!

My morning got started most excellently by a run with CNYrunner (Karin)!  We ran through the fog down by the river – 6.2 easy/chatty miles (ave 9:44) - see, she CAN run slow when she needs to let me keep up with her....Big grin

Mother’s Day menu will be what I cook……maybe we can go out for lunch….Joking

I will admit that Mother's Day is awkward for me.  The stepmother who raised me doesn't like me much, and the birth mother I met in my 30's is, well, difficult to take....mostly I just wish I could stay home and enjoy my own Mother's Day without being bothered by obligations to either of them on that day.....selfish, I suppose....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I will admit that Mother's Day is awkward for me.  The stepmother who raised me doesn't like me much, and the birth mother I met in my 30's is, well, difficult to take....mostly I just wish I could stay home and enjoy my own Mother's Day without being bothered by obligations to either of them on that day.....selfish, I suppose....

Not at all selfish, Holly. My DH and I married when his two daughters were 18 and 25. Their mother died of colon cancer. I knew going into our marriage that I could never replace the mother they loved and grew up with and just tried to be there when they needed me. Our younger daughter calls me "mom"  and we've become very close.  Our older daughter never wanted or needed a replacement, and we've never really hit it off. It's okay - I take whatever friendship she offers and just mind my own business. You're a mother now and deserve whatever kind of day you want. Too many times we do things out of guilt. Stay home and spend the day with your kids.

Mike E

MM #5615

Too many times we do things out of guilt.

Boy, ain't that the truth!!!  I agree, Holly--stay home and enjoy YOUR day.

(Psst--don't tell anybody, but I'm sneaking home during lunch, today, to get my run done...or, at least, part of it...we'll see)