Masters Running

Happy Mon 11/24 Daily (Read 615 times)

Actually, I don't think it would be on your chest. More like around your hips somewhere....
    It boggles the mind, doesn't it?

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DickyG

A new study shows that banning fast food commercials could reduce the number of obese young children by 14%. They also suggested that ending an advertising expense tax deduction for fast-food restaurants could mean a slight reduction in childhood obesity. Well, I'm certainly thrilled that this "study" is suggesting what may or not be advertised...they've already restricted advertising on alcohol and tobacco products...now we won't be able to see that Subway guy's old pants before he lost all that weight? But let me tell you one thing...start messing with the Victoria's Secret ads and you got big troubles, my friend. (These are all thoughts on Sunday's dailies...I'll read today's daily when I have more time). Tramps: The way I understand it, you're still gonna have to get some type of converter box if you don't have cable or dish....oh...BTW...we had a great fire yesterday! Craneium: Volleyball team update? Holly: ...snotcycles...well, that's definately going on the fridge with Enke's new lexicon posted the other day. Sarge: Hey...1:59...that's pretty decent under frigid conditions, not to mention blisters & other problems...9 minute pace...that's a gutty effort..you're a tough guy. Stevie Ray: Want to know how to get to Tallahassee? There are directions in the Gator bookstore: "All Dirt Roads Lead To Tallahassee" Deb: IPA beer...wow...haven't had one in years..what does Lancaster have to do with it? That's PA Dutch country, right? Ran 4 miles this morning...36:06 (9:02)...thought I was doing much better, but apparently not. Temps "warmed up" to 47...back in shorts. Ave HR 141 MAX 158...wait a minute...Deb said I could take some of hers....MAX 304. DickyG
        Craneium: Volleyball team update?
        Volleyball team lost in the semifinals of our conference tournament. Finished the season 17-22 for the first losing record of my career. Standing at 199 career wins and holding. Now recruiting like crazy.
        xor

Stevie Ray: Want to know how to get to Tallahassee? There are directions in the Gator bookstore: "All Dirt Roads Lead To Tallahassee"
          I have no idea what that means.

dg.

DickyG, you were smokin'. glad i could help. the IPA was very good. It was given to Rosie/ LaVitaDolce by Deb (Euphoric) who lives in PA, & then to me by Rosie when we met here, since I had Sacred Cow IPA from a local brewery for them in celebration of their Grand Rapids marathon.. (taking a deep breath) sorry you asked? Erkia, thanks. good idea. I can't believe you have that too & live there.
              Here ya go, DickyG: Car hits deer, deer hits jogger GuelphMercury.com - BreakingNews - Car hits deer, deer hits jogger GUELPH — In a bizarre accident Sunday morning, the body of a deer that was struck by a vehicle flew through the air and collided with a jogger. The driver was unhurt and the jogger didn’t require medical attention, city police report. The deer didn’t survive. Police are cautioning drivers to be wary of deer crossing streets. The mishap occurred at 8:46 a.m. on Kortright Road at Preservation Park, an area of bush known to be frequented by deer. A 2008 Dodge Charger was eastbound on Kortright when a deer leaped in front of it, causing so much damage that the car is a write-off, police said. As it flew through the air from the impact, the animal struck a 38-year-old Guelph man who was jogging on the sidewalk by the park. He declined medical attention. Another deer ran across the road at about the same time and became trapped in the backyard of a residence, where it suffered broken legs. It was put down by police for humanitarian reasons, police said. Police are reminding motorists this is the time of year deer are particularly active as they roam widely for food. They’re asking drivers in particular to watch for deer-crossing signs, like those posted at Preservation Park.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nono - I knew you were joking. That's actually a picture of Erika. Wink
                Holly, I've met Erika. Erika looks better than that. Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                evanflein

Ack! Tongue
                    DickyG--I am going to Tallahassee! This thread has prompted me to make a confession. No, I was good, gym day, no running. not any. 3 things I don't do: Tattoos...... ....................I don't even do pierced ears. and Wal-Mart. grins, A
                    Masters 2000 miles

Top 'O the World!

Holly: I have several prs of lightweight ski gloves, also called "liners"...ie: Kombi - they're warm, water resistant yet breathable & occassionally I'll use HeatMax hand warmer packs - gotta be reeeally cold for me though. I have no tatoos, but enjoy looking at some. only pierced ears....ever!
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Mariposai

This week without high speed internet and cell phone coverage is going to get to me. Black eye 20 minutes to downlow today's daily Sad Had a nice 8 heart hilling miles on the beach yesterday as the sun was setting. The weather they are having here is IRC. This early morning I went out for a quick 3 miles recovery run with Buster the dog. Not much has changed with FIL. We are transporting him for a procedure tomorrow and still praying he may make it thru Thursday. I went ahead and order a 50th annv. cake today just in case. I am baking pecan pie right now. Two of them, one for Th. another one for FIL and I to eat tonight since he asked for it. It is a good thing that I never really cared that much about my caloric intake...that is why I run and not looking to have a barbie figuere either, which is a plus at times like this. butterfly tatoo, Dark Horse? can I pick the colors?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Like NOT on triple M boobs??
                          Hmmm, yes, though they may not be sagging much unless she was born to be a triple M. Mari, sending more prayers your way. I hope your FIL hangs in there. Meg

Once a runner . . .

wildchild

Carolyn

Amy, I have no tattoos or piercings, either. But I sometimes shop at WalMart. Hey, are you getting the same nice weather we are? It was 58 degrees at lunchtime! I went out for a 5 mile run in IRC!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

No running yet but I did 10 minutes ez spinning, 45 minutes of heavy weights, 10 minutes on the treadmill then 15 minutes of stretching and core. Hoping to run tonight as it starts snowing. Always special when it snows.... Supposed to get a ton of snow this week. Snowshoes are ready, cannot wait to run in fresh powder again. Sloppy Joe's, caesar salad and lemon meringue pie for dinner tonight... Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Amy, I have no tattoos or piercings, either. But I sometimes shop at WalMart. Hey, are you getting the same nice weather we are? It was 58 degrees at lunchtime! I went out for a 5 mile run in IRC!
                                Hey girlfriend, I'm trying to be good here and not run! Undecided Yes, not quite as warm, about 51 but brilliant sun and it was very very very hard to walk to the gym and then go inside on such a lovely day for running. So, you and I must be one of the 84 people in America with no piercings or tattoos! Clowning around I hear we'll be seeing you and Mtnchk in Ft. Collins! We haven't decided on whether Frank is going or not. Usually DH hangs with him, and this would be way long for him to wait without us. I am thinking of contacting a local vet to get a dog sitting referral--then he could at least make the drive to and from with us. He loves his car rides! grins, A
                                Masters 2000 miles