Masters Running

RR -- St Patrick's Day Human Race (Read 270 times)

HermosaBoy

Been a while since I have done one of these -- I hope I remember how... Well, it was an 8k race for me with all of the MN speedsters. Last year I was around 80th overall running healthy. With less than stellar training this winter, didn't know what to think. Let's keep this short -- ran an 8k qualified PR (28:20) -- 15 seconds faster than last year, but 9 seconds slower than a 5 miler I ran last summer (I think it was a bit short). 71st overall and 7th in my AG. But enough about me -- let's talk about CamScam! My young 12 year old speedster has been putting in moderate training this winter and has been seeing some AMAZING results!!! He just keeps dropping PRs -- yikes! So, here's his progression over the past 9 months: June -- 24:46 November -- 23:32 later in Nov -- 22:52 (Footlocker XC Midwest) December -- 22:42 Last week -- 5:58 indoor 1600 Today -- 21:29 5k He finished 19/671 and 3/18 in his AG. However, he got robbed there. They put him in the 15-19 age group. I am SO proud of him! Embarrassed Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

nowor

Congratulations Rob on doing well after a "not so stellar winter." CamScram is coming into his own. You've been predicting that with training his talent would have a chance. Good for you for letting him elect to start training on his own. You have some competition in your family.
      SteveP

Welll done for both of you!!!!

SteveP

As I've said several time this past week, right here on these forums, it must be great to run with the family. I'm glad so many of you are able to do that. hermosa, glad you're getting back in the swing of things and tell your boy congrats!
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          coastwalker

Hi HB, It's not often that we hear of a father and son running PRs on the same day, so congratulations to you both. You did quite well, coming off a tough winter, and CamScam is cranking out some fantastic times. It is too bad he got dropped into the wrong age group, but I have a feeling that he'll have many chances to be recognized in his future if his times keep dropping like a rock. Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

btb1490

Awesome time and awesome result for both you and your son. He is following his dad's speedy footsteps it seems! Good luck with the rest of your Boston training, and good luck to you son with his running as well. It's great that you can share your running like this.
              evanflein

Wow, excellent racing for both of you. Can't the RD fix his age group? I'd think other kids in the older age group would want him out of there, too! Congratulations on a great race after what you've gone through this year (hey, it was a great race regardless!).
                  Congratulations Rob, and especially to your DS. A real serious runner in the making. Keep us posted on his progress!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

King of PhotoShop

No question both you and your son are running well and it's a lot of fun to read your reports. Very well done. But I have to comment on how tough the competition is where you live. Those are amazing finishing places, even OA, for times that fast. I think I mentioned to you once that you need to move to the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. You would be right behind the motorcycles! Spareribs
                      WOW!! great races for you and your son!! i'm reading this to my 14yr old to see if i can get him motivated!! nice job!!

denise

Congrats to you and your son! Very well done! Guess your shoulder is 100% now?
                          Fabulous! I love reading your reports and you are running strong without missing a step from surgery even....or too many steps. I know you have high standards for your racing and given your fleet feet, that's understandable. Way to go on your race and how awesome to see your son as he just gets faster and faster. The combination of natural talent and focus is incredible. It will be fun to keep reading the results---we'll certainly be cheering! CNYrunner
                          HermosaBoy

Congrats to you and your son! Very well done! Guess your shoulder is 100% now?
                            Not quite. I have close to full range of motion but need to work on strength. Will see the Dr. right after I get back from Boston and will most likely receive a full release. Big grin Ribs -- Maybe I should come down for a race one of these days. Might be fun to not get beat up so much... The good news is that three of the 40 plus year olds that I am always chasing were less than 30 seconds ahead of me. Without the time off, maybe they are 10 seconds behind me. Embarrassed

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Hey Rob, Thanks for posting your RR. Congrats on such a good race so soon after shoulder surgery. You really have come back fast! You will surely run a fast one in Boston. CamScam is really making a lot of progress. Obviously, you are an inspiration to your sons.....and to lots of Boomers also! John
                                Way to go hermosa and CamScam. I love to read about family participation. TomS