Masters Running

40's On the Run - Who's Your Valentine, Baby! (Read 544 times)

Arla - Your description of the guy and the cat cracks me up! We took our kittens out on "leashes" until they were used to the area, and we also did it with our cats when we first moved here. Didn't want them to get lost! I'm back from Conference. It was fun, but I was just so tired the whole time. Ended up running for an hour on the treadmill yesterday afternoon. I was gonna get up in the early a.m., but just couldn't drag myself out of bed. Then in the afternoon it was in the 80s. Too hot for this Northern California girl! The treadmill is monotonous, but the upside is you can keep a steady pace, which makes things so much easier! I increased and decreased the grade throughout the run to try and authenticate hills. The really bad part was how stuff it was in the workout room, and I couldn't get the air condition to go any higher. Well, it's time to call it a night. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Morning 40s folks! A late night (stayed up and watched "Saving Private Ryan") resulted in not getting to sleep until after 12:30, so no early morning workout. Will make it up tomorrow. Hope you all have a great day!

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Really busy getting some of my old junk/fine used equipment ready for a consignment sale but have got a couple of runs including a good 5 miler yesterday in 12 degree temps, and a 3 miler friday in the wind. Hip is holding in. Smile Will try and catch up with you all again later in the week. Friday should get all my last crowns set and laser gum work to wrap things up. They "gave" me this hydro floss thingy with enough pressure to strip paint off the chevy, works really good but will pop temps off like nothing!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Thanks for getting us going Leslie......great movie, very moving. I'm an Air Force brat and I remember as a little kid when my dad had to leave for Korea and also the Vietnam war. He was gone for sometimes a whole year. Sometimes I never knew if he was gonna make it back or not. He retired after 26 yrs. and has had a great retirement. Bless his heart....he's gonna be 82 this year. r2farm, glad the hip is doing O.K. The bursitis in my knee is always there but I now know when to back off and chill a bit rather than to push through it. Bet you are glad your dental stuff is almost over. Woot, woot! Another 5 miles today..... Jewels
          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
            Jewels - The other movie we saw yesterday was "We Were Soldiers Once . . . and Young." Another heart wrenching movie. With all my flying lately, I've had the privilege of seeing many of our troopers around the various airports. When we were in Atlanta waiting to fly to Prague, a huge group of them came through, and they were so damn young. I just kept wondering if they were on their way to Iraq. Something about them told me they were. I applaud and am most grateful to those who have fought and those who continue to fight to protect us and keep us free.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Hey 40s...thought I'd stop in and say "Hi" Private Ryan is a really good movie. r2farm...good luck with the sale, the hip, and the dental work. Sounds like you got your work cut out for you! jewels....thanks to your dad for serving. Thanks to you also...as a child to a service man, you sacrificed also. I'm resting today and starting my step back week. I've got a 3 miler planned for tomorrow. Go Masters!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                "I applaud and am most grateful to those who have fought and those who continue to fight to protect us and keep us free." ya know what?? Thanks...I appreciate it as well as my fellow warriors do..it is just nice to hear it once in a while... Blush US Navy (retired)

Top 'O the World!

Hey All! Busy wknd here too.....I got called up to Breckenridge to cover some clients for a friend who had to fly to CA for a funeral & therefore missed the birth of my 1st Grandson!! Jayden Shane was born early Sunday am 9lbs, 20 1/2" this is me w/Jayden & his "big" sister, Luci Smile Mairead & I did get 6 miles in btwn hosp. runs this am....
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

jfa

Nice going Cagery! Smile I spent 4 yrs USN active and another 8 in USNR,but was fortunate that it was all during peacetime.I Salute those who have gone into battle.The Bravery of these kids today is nothing short of amazing.Like the saying goes ~ Land of the Free Because of The Brave ~ Good that you're home and settled Leslie.Must feel like you have done alot of running around. Farm-Great to hear you're better.Just keep going gently and you'll do fine. Hi Evrday- cutbacks can be relaxing Cool Jewels- nice run and I too Thank You for being a brat(in a good way) Wink My looong runs have been going so good that I was bound to have a bonker.That was yesterday.Set out for a 16m on flat and straight "by the beach "roads.Well I was pretty tired from the start because I went too fast and hard on the dirt roads on Friday. Still stuck it out with about 14.5 miles(9:50pace) but walked the end.I turned for home and was dead on the face with a 25-35mph wind.I'm also experimenting now with refueling ,and seeing how that goes.I have been using only gatorade up till now and tried some gu Tongue (mmm boy).Oh well, no one said this was going to be easy...... Roll eyes

jfa

Holy Cow Cindy,musta been writing while you were posting! Congratulations!!!! Smile Big grin Wink What a Beautiful Baby!! and Big Sister too!!!!Cool Yes

Top 'O the World!

Thank You!! I think we'll keep him! Wink Now, I'd better get caught up on the thread!!
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                          Cindy...awwwww He's so adorable.....is the grandaughter in the pic the one that lives close by that you babysit on occassions? She's adorable as well. Congrats to the whole clan! Joe-Bout time you had a crappy run! JUST KIDDING of course. Gotta get to work....Jewels
                          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                            Cindy - Congrats, Grannie! Looks like a coupla cuties you got there. Big grin Cagery - Don't know if you're new here or I've just missed you before. If you're new - welcome! If you've been around before - Glad to see you again! I'm only working 'til noon today, so I'll get my run in when I get off. Beats crawling out of bed at dark:30, although I was awake off and on from 5:00 to 7:00, thanks to one of my cats. Later!

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Mntchk1 - that is such a cute baby! And so is his big sister! Congratulations! NJ Joe - do you run in the morning or at night? If you run in the morning, what you eat the day before is important. Don't pig out, but don't go to bed hungry. I personally run on an empty stomach in the morning usually (except for my cup of coffee first) and only have water during the run until I am running more than 16 miles, unless I ate too lightly the night before. When I'm running 18 miles or more, I add a GU and water at mile 5-6, Gatorade at mile 10-11, and maybe another GU at mile 15. Don't take a gel at the same time you drink Gatorade - it prevents proper absorbtion in the stomach, so only water with the get, and wait 15 minutes after for Gatorade. Hope this is helpful...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

What a beautiful baby, look at that complexion! And his sister is pretty darn cute, too! 9+ lbs... wow. Congrats, grandma Mtnchk1!! Hi everyone else! Too many threads to keep track of, but thought I'd follow Holly in and see what was up. Glad I did! Big grin