Masters Running

40's On the Run - Who's Your Valentine, Baby! (Read 544 times)

Runs with ALTITUDE!

had to share this: http://www.youtube.com/v/ervaMPt4Ha0&autoplay=1
    Thanks for the reminder. Smile My son will be a PFC in the US Army very soon, and my daughter a 2nd Lt. in the US Air Force come May. Yes! I'm proud of them both. My daughter is currently the Wing Commander of her ROTC detachment at UNL. Here she is, during a rare moment of relaxation!
      Saph, your daughter is beautiful! You two look so much alike. Many thanks to your son and daughter for their soon-to-be service. And hats off to you as well for raising them to care, and suffering the trials of letting them go. Mtnchk, I don't think you know the meaning of "short run/walk". Dang, you and Mairead are covering some serious (partially frozen) ground these days. Oh, and aren't grandmas supposed to be able to take naps now and again? Leslie, good luck on the trails this weekend. You'll have a blast back in your element. Thanks for all the crossed fingers Smile. I got the job!!!!! Came back from interviewing for another job I really didn't want (needed the interview practice and ya never know), and received offers for both when I got home. Very cool. Definitely a God orchestrated thing the way it all worked out. Flexible job (check), excuses for not running (zero)!
      Progress Trumps Pefection
        Can't believe there are so many gu haters out there! I love the stuff. I've tried many of the flavors and really haven't found one that I really hated. Just like some more than others. I heard a funny story about a guy runnng a marathon and at one of the aid stations he thought he was getting some gu...but it turned out to be vaseline. Now that's a yuck!! Anyway, I'm feeling quite a bit off par for the last couple days and haven't ran since Sunday. Maybe Frid I'll be back in action.
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
          I got the job!!!!! Came back from interviewing for another job I really didn't want (needed the interview practice and ya never know), and received offers for both when I got home. Very cool. Definitely a God orchestrated thing the way it all worked out. Flexible job (check), excuses for not running (zero)!
          Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Check out btb's, aka Bob, "Another Gasparilla Race Report." It's in this forum. Sounds like he had a great time, and the hairdo at the end is quite marvelous! (Can you figure out makes it such a fancy 'do??) And, after seeing nothin' but his feet all this time (in his avatar), you get to actually see what he really looks like.

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

I did about 4 with the group last nite, pretty good run. Jonathan ran with world class runners Ryan and Sara Hall in San Diego over the weekend and was telling me 6 minute miles was their easy pace and he strugged to keep up, kinda like me trying to keep up with him. Jonathan and another member of our group are going back to San Diego for a masters cross country race this weekend. Go team Nebraska! Dentist for me tommrow, wish me luck , hopefully I'll smile like this guy Big grin Carol Woo Hoo on the Job!! Cindy belated congrats on the beautiful new grandbabe! evryday I like GU also, I tell myself its rocket fuel but thats kinda like putting premium in a vw bug!! Joe let us know the fueling combo that works for you, I always eat a bite before my morning runs but not doing major miles. Jewels my sis was born at ft Sill OK and moved 18 times, dad was out and back to the family farm by the time I came along. Saph very cool about your dd in rotc and nice photo! Leslie have a good run with coach and your friend, my first run back with my group after my hip stuff was kinda hard but ya just gotta do what you can and not worry about it! Arla have a great run in the desert!! BTY sending healing vibes to your foot! great runs to anyone I missed!!

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Happy Valentine's Day! Farmer Jim - Good luck with the dentist. You should have a nice set of choppers by now! Re my trail run Saturday - I already reminded Karen that I'm a few weeks behind the 8 Ball on training and that they'll have to be patient with me. However, I distinctly remember her and my first run together after she had the stomach flu a couple of months ago. She may be looking for revenge. Wink Went out for an hour this morning. Tried to keep it slow and easy and did 5.48 miles for a 10:57 pace, a little faster than I wanted it to be. But once I hit the flat areas of my course, things were feeling pretty good. On the way back, my right hip flexor started getting a little tight, so I made sure I stretched it out really good when I got home. I know part of the problem is it was so dang cold this morning! Everything was frosted over, and it took a good 10 minutes or more for my poor fingers to warm up, even though I had two layers of gloves on. They actually hurt, they were so cold. And on my cool down walk - well, let's just say it didn't take long for me to get cool. I wore my "warm" tights, but my legs were freezing by the time I got in the house. Karen did this body health workup last week at the local university, Humboldt State. It takes about 2 hours and figures out your percentage of body fat, lung capacity, at what point you hit your anaerobic (is that the right word?) threshold, etc. Ends up she's in fantastic shape and has a really good, healthy muscle-to-fat ratio, plus a few other things that I cant' remember. I think once I'm certain I'm through my latest illness, I'm gonna have the testing done. It only costs $65. It'd be interesting to find out where this almost 42-year old bod is at. Hey - Has anyone heard from Tamara lately? She seems to have fallen off the radar.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Runs with ALTITUDE!

I heard a funny story about a guy runnng a marathon and at one of the aid stations he thought he was getting some gu...but it turned out to be vaseline. Now that's a yuck!!
                  File that in the folder! It's snowing...again! Roll eyes Will do some cycling and rowing instead of my run...but y'all know: It ain't the same! evryday I hope you're feeling better soon and that you get to run tomorrow. Seeing your siggy line made me Smile My hubby is a procrastinator too! Thought you might enjoy this: r2farm Good luck at the dentist's office Smile Leslie Do you know the pigeon pose in Yoga? It's great for hip flexors and periformis. Happy 'V' day everyone Smile
                    Leslie Do you know the pigeon pose in Yoga? It's great for hip flexors and periformis.
                    I looked it up. Have you ever gotten stuck in that position? Looks a lot like the "runners lunge" with some added, "I'm not sure my body bends in that direction." Big grin I'll give a shot.

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evryday I hope you're feeling better soon and that you get to run tomorrow. Seeing your siggy line made me Smile My hubby is a procrastinator too! Thought you might enjoy this: Saph...feeling much better today, thank you. Will try for an easy 3 miler this afternoon (I see I've messed this post up a bit...)
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        It's Friday! And a 3-day weekend!! Drank a little too much wine last night, so today was a lay-in-bed-'til-I-absolutely-had-to-get-up day. Coffee and a bagel are helping . . . . Someone here's a computer tech, right? How do I get my desktop icons back on my desk top? While I was gone over the weekend, one of my attorneys got on my computer and screwed it up. All my icons are in a box that's on my desk top, or it can be squashed down to a tool bar. Grrrrr! I can't figure out how to fix it. Confused Have a great Friday!

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

not much time to catch up on all the posts, but my quick scan reveals talk of babies, gu, and the troops. For the record, I'm highly in favor of all three. Just came back from an 8-mile hilly run. The ice-covered world here is melting in the 40 degree temps and sun, but I stopped to help a neighbor push their SUV out of a snow bank, where it slid from their parking space on their driveway. This wasn't easy in running shoes and shorts! Fun to see reports from Spring Training at night - sure sign that Spring is coming.
                            Evening all... Saph....I'm sure you are very proud of your kids. Job well done to you! Carol....way to go on the interview. Glad you got the job, and it sounds VERY flexible. r2farm....hope your dentist appt. went well today. Way to go on the 4 miler. How can anyone run 6 minute miles and call that an easy pace. DANG.... yabba....An 8 mile hilly run sounds like a great workout. The only hills around here is the causeway (bridge) that I've run just a handful of times. It's a killer. Leslie...so, you had a weeeee bit of a wine headache this morning ay! Hope your run tomorrow is a good one! Had a couple of drinks myself last night. My husband and I went up to "The Shack" where my dd16 works as a hostess and I had a couple of beers plus a "love shack martini". Don't normally drink anything other than beer but that was the Valentine drink of the night so....it had little heart shaped strawberries in it. That was the best part. Had a bowl of clam chowder and the "Shack Sampler" and I was good to go. Just have to say kudos to my daughter who worked her behind off last night from 3-10, doing everything from seating guests, to bussing, to answering phones, to setting up tables, to passing out bread, bringing the salads. And last but not least putting up with some rude a$$ people. They were lined up at the door and she did a great job directing people to sit outside or at the bar until she could get a table for them. 95% of them were great but you always get a handful that are just rude. This place does not use the vibrating/light-up gadget for seating. She has to remember where each party is at while they are waiting for their table and she then scopes thru the crowd to find them to let them know she now has a table for them. The place was packed. Dang I ranted......hope to get in a LR tomorrow.........Jewels
                            But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                              Jewels- Kudos to your daughter. It never ceases to amaze me how people can be downright jacka$$e$, thinking the world revolves around them. If she can handle these people at 16, she can handle anything. Hey - Great picture on your profile!!!!! I'm figuring out how to use snapfish, uploading all 560 Prague pictures, and hopefully sharing via the web site. We'll see. It was an absolutely gorgeous day today. Probably in the mid to high 50s. I didn't get to see much except from the windows of my office. Hopefully, it'll stay beautiful all weekend. We desperately need to get some yard work done. Mower purchasing is at the top of the list for Sunday. Ours is done. Good luck on all your runs tomorrow.

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Flajewels, Ditto what Leslie said:
                                Kudos to your daughter. It never ceases to amaze me how people can be downright jacka$$e$, thinking the world revolves around them. If she can handle these people at 16, she can handle anything.
                                Enjoy your LR Smile