Masters Running

MONDAY Nov. 17 - Runs and Non-Runs (Read 564 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Non-run for me - but only because it is a scheduled rest day. Since I'm not running today - I'll post a picture from Saturday's "Run with the Cougar" trail run. That is the cold rolling Lake Michigan in the back ground. Heather is right behind me - she is a Michigan RA member too and I just met her that day. Cheers!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Nice pic Mary...One of the things that was cool when I lived in Houston was having access to the beach. Being a midwestern girl, I always found that such a novelty. 3.6 miles for me yesterday. It was windy and cool, but the run was good all the same. Not too many people out running or walking on the trails these days... Smile I'm in the middle of fall cleaning in preps for family visits over Thanksgiving. Tackled the basement this past week and worked on organizing my DHs thousands of sci-fi books that are threatening to take over the house. Christmas decorating is not normally something I do before Thanksgiving, BUT, maybe with the company, I'll consider an exception this year...hmmm...more work. Good non-runs and runs to each of you! Janet

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning Mary and Janet Smile Sweet picture Mary...and Burrrr, that does look cold. Hey there girl. are you sure your suppose to be in the 40's group....you look more like 30 something lovely one, and look so slim - no need to diet!! Wink...how's the mojo coming along? Nice to see you posting this morning Janet. Nice 3.6 miles yesterday! Geez, can't believe how fast the Holidays are approaching Shocked. Have fun with the Christmas decorating, and hope you have a good time with the Fam coming in Smile Well, I am now at day 16 of "non" running, and still going strong...not really, just don't tell tet. Erika, I really really hope you can run soon...I think you said today may be the day, right? Beat Twokitty again posting a "non" run....slacker Big grin Well, need to get some work done Sad Have a great day everyone Smile TimmyBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Out before the sun so I could enjoy watching it come up over the ocean -- and also because Mr Nono had to get on the road to the airport by 7:45 a.m. Wink 7 mi in 1:03:59. Wind was down. I was grateful! dg, for yoga, I have a mess of 22 min sessions called "Yoga Zone." They used to be on The Health Network and when I lived in NYC, went to their studios a few times. I do a few more poses that I specifically like for running with each session, so I come close to 30 min overall. To me, it's not a workout, but a luxury, which is why I haven't been doing them lately. Must change my mindset. HandyMom, over the 4 days of Thanksgiving holidays, we will be attempting to complete our move out of our old house and into our new one. Our old house is basically serving as our "off season" storage unit right now. Surprised

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

We had a great weekend visiting with DS and his GF. The Gator game was great too! (Whatta slaughter.) DS's apartment looked like a science experiment though. Yewwwww...... This morning was ideal running conditions (55F and 51%) and I ran like it. 7 (supposedly easy) miles but actually ended up with an unintentional tempo day. 8:22 min/mile pace overall, but miles 4 through 7 were 8:03, 7:56, 7:59, and 8:10. Average HR only 145. Wow. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Renee the dog

This morning was ideal running conditions (55F and 51%) and I ran like it. 7 (supposedly easy) miles but actually ended up with an unintentional tempo day. 8:22 min/mile pace overall, but miles 4 through 7 were 8:03, 7:56, 7:59, and 8:10. Average HR only 145. Wow.
              Drat! I came in second place and didn't even know I was racing! Big grin

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Mary – great photo! Handymom – you and Nono have got me thinking about starting my own Christmas decorating early. Nono – you are still moving in? That would drive my DH crazy...he’s the one who told me, 1 week after moving in, “If you don’t unpack those last boxes in the garage by next week I’m throwing them out.” Roll eyes Timbo – hang in there, my fren..... Breger – nice run and HR! No run for me today, just the usual x-training stuff: weighted squats, dead lifts, weighted duck squats, lateral raises, bench dips, seated reverse flies, front raises, and crunches. I brought my out-of-state nieces’ and nephews’ wrapped Christmas presents to work to find boxes for and mail at lunchtime. A little early, but I got lucky this year and found them all cool gifts at Barnes and Noble. They have these great book/kit combos (How to Make Balloon Animals, complete with how-to book, balloons and pump, Great Yo-Yo Tricks, complete with how-to book and 2 yo-yos, etc.). I got some for my own kids, too, and tucked them away.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Tramps

Great picture, Mary. I bet it’s windy off that lake, though! nonoruns—sunrise over the ocean sounds beautiful. Byll—your comment about your son’s apartment brought me back to my college days. As a junior and senior I moved off campus to save money and had to live in some real dives in not-so-good neighborhoods. As a senior it was so bad that I knew my parents would freak out if they saw where I was living (and they didn't have money to help me out). So when they came for a visit that year, I enlisted friends to pull off an elaborate scheme so that my folks never actually went to the house I was sharing--we met somewhere else, I got dropped off somewhere else, etc. They never figured it out until I told them years later. Big grin I never got through my “to do” list yesterday so I didn't get to run and it ended up being a rest day. But I was moving around all day so I kept loose. Today it was 5.25 @ 7:56. Hardly broke a sweat; AHR 135, 69% HRR. It’s amazing what 30 degrees cooler weather can do for my running. Roll eyes It was 35F, calm, and sunny; my idea of perfect running weather. I probably shouldn't have been running quite so fast yet but it felt good to feel normal again after my little Saturday fiasco . I’ll take it easy tomorrow. I guess I hit the rewind button and pretend I’m tapering again. But I’ll try to maintain fitness by doing MP miles and striders. Also, it's too late for any physiological benefit, but since my new marathon finishes with an uphill 2-mile stretch, I should run more hills for the psychological benefit. Have a good week.

Be safe. Be kind.

Renee the dog

Holly, Confession time: Yes, we're still not moved. But, there are no boxes in the new house -- we bring stuff over only after the last "batch' is completely absorbed into the new house. In reality, we'd have been done by June 30 if my Mom didn't have her stroke and then Dad getting sick and dying. (I do mean that in sort of a comical way, because really, my parents' timing has generally been bad for a long time, and this was basically the punch line!) I went to see Mom 1 day last week ( 5 hrs in the car with 2 toddlers) and spent 1 other day trying to clean out their condo (again) with my siste (16 hr day). We work incredibly well together, but my parents have 80 years of things to figure out as there was no plan. Just to put us right at the edge of sanity, Dad was still doing taxes for some people! So we also have huge question marks on the business side, while trying to sort out everything to provide for Mom. You know, after I type that out, I wonder why I wait till my husband makes cocktails to start drinking. Clowning around But, I am so incredibly lucky to have had them for all those years, and am fortunate that we own our other house so we can do the move slowly. Every day I thank my lucky stars for these blessings. My "problems" could be such stressors, but they really aren't 'cause of all of the positives in our lives.

6 easy miles with T...8:05 pace WOW...Tramps and Byll-You guys sure have low heartrates...I get mine up that high tying my shoes...
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                        Angry How does biketm always manage to not run before I do each day! Angry Well yet another non-run day for me. That leaves me still one behind biketm but even with evanflein. Only tetsujin209 knows what day she is on or if she is on a day or just off or Confused so I am not even going to try and guess if I am ahead, behind or even with her! evanflein better is better. No looking an improved horse in the mouth, or so to speak write. hopeful4ever that is one cold looking picture! I am heading off to the airport now so I have to quit here. I am taking my running gear with me. I have now made it to my stated minimum of two weeks off. Everything feels a lot better. The question is when to start up again. Not today. Likely not tomorrow as I have meetings all day. Wednesday? We will see. Good day running all!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TwoCat, here's a non-running tip for you. Set your alarm earlier - like say 4:30 AM. Then you'll likely have your non-running done before BikeTM. You're welcome. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

Twocat, this "non" running is an endurance event....sounds like I am going to have more endurance than you buddie Tongue...Do hope you are running soon though, really Smile Bill, don't give him any ideas...I'm whup'n his butt right now Smile TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #957

Nono - oh dear, I wasn't trying to get on your case about it. I just meant that as a gentle tease. I know you've had a lot on your plate...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

I have now made it to my stated minimum of two weeks off.
                                hmmmm....I thought you had said three weeks off....... Wink