Masters Running

May Masters Miles (Read 51 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy end of May!  Time to post your mileage totals, and any PRs, AG placements, and other notable achievements!

Awards given for most miles, fewest miles, average, median, and the ever popular prime number awards.   Oh, and cool totals. Like 666.6 - but I doubt anyone ran that far in a month.

In that spirit, I went and ran 8.3 miles to make it to 211 miles for the month, so I would get a prime number award [from myself...] 

I'm traveling and don't have access to my photos, but this is a picture I found on the interweb of the Recreation Trail in Ithaca, NY, where I did part of my long run this week.  Pretty trail, and very different from Colorado trails!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Thanks for taking time from vacation to get this started.

And I'll set the bar REALLY low for all that follow.  20.4 miles for May in the last two weeks.  Although it looks like a lot compared to April.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Just a dude.

210.4 for May.

855.0 for the year.

1 race - Green Thumb 5k 3rd OA, 1st AG.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

49  for May

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Walk-Jogger

117 miles for May, my lowest monthly total so far this year, thanks to a bit of plantar fasciitis in my right heel.

666.5 miles total for the year.

May races - two:

Bloomsday 12K   48:00,   2nd A/G of 1088,    262 O/A of 44k

Run for the Hill of it   7.9 mile hill-climb, Lewiston ID,    1:01:16,  6 O/A  of 47   1st place M55-59 A/G

Retired &  Loving It

SubDood

211.8 miles for May. This included tapering for a June 1 marathon ... which got cancelled due to bad weather. Stupid Minnesota!

1128.9 miles for 2014.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

360.6 miles for May and that's a PR!

1681 miles 2014 YTD

in May:

completed 13x13 Challenge  running a 13.1 mile run everyday for 13 days including one actual half marathon race (placed 4th AG)

PR week of 94 miles

1st AG (M60-69) in 5K

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Tramps

Yowsa, that's a big mileage month, Perch.

Less than half that for me, 148.7

But good as I return to regular running.

Hang in there Stumpy.

Thanks for a thread that lures me back here, Carolyn!

Be safe. Be kind.

235 miles for May, with 2 races. 17:55 5K early in the month and 1:19:38 half marathon last week. That's #6 sub 1:20 since turning 50 so happy with that.

Dave59

Before I forget ...   144.6 for May

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!

May was a good month.  I ran a fun run with my daughter and granddaughter and I ran the Buffalo Marathon where I finished 2nd in my age group.  I also met another RA friend!  Yep, May was pretty good.

May: 195 miles

2014: 986 miles

I like shady canopies like that and rarely get to run under them.  Nothing stands out for the month but it was a good one just the same.  I'm going into training for St. George with a bigger base than last year as I'd hoped.  184.5 miles and about 862 miles YTD.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Sayhey! MM#130

387 in May;

1583 this year.

First 50K ever May 4; second woman (it was small: Palm Bluff, FL.  Also damp).

Also crewed at the Florida Keys 100.  Priceless experience!

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

pfriese

Thanks Carolyn.

May: 103.9 miles

YTD: 595.1 miles

1AG in a 5K

Paul

Alexander R

314 miles in May, less than I hoped, but I missed three days, cross training

with beer and buffalo wings. I think I might have PRed in the Memorial Day 4 miler, but

not too sure, it was a sub-6 min average pace, good for first in the 45-49 age group