Masters Running

Wed Oct 15 Runs and Workouts (Read 681 times)

#artbydmcbride

lyndenrunner, I don't care what wildchild says, your butt is not fat! Big grin

Runners run

This is a late post for an early morning run as we spent part of the day visiting with an old college roommate and his wife. deez, nice 10K. hopeful, you are ready for Detroit. DickyG, your comments about speedwork which were echoed by roch are a lot like mine. I know it would be good for me but it's unlikely to happen. Franc, it's good to have you back from Italy. How did things go? Jlynne, I'm glad to hear your son sounds good at the midpoint of bootcamp. That's a good sign. Nice long runs for bike, PBJ, enke, and Peter. Good job on the speedwork for breger and Holly. This morning it was about 40 and calm. My run was harder than usual but I got in 8 miles in just under 1:20 for a 9:58 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
        Wednesday - 5.02 miles moderately fast - 36:48 (7:19) - Avg HR 141 Max HR 152 under partly cloudy skies & 55 degrees. 7:28 - 130 / 139 7:28 - 138 / 144 7:22 - 144 / 147 7:15 - 146 / 151 7:01 - 149 / 152 0:11 - 151 / 152 Off to Yoga in an hour. Yes Amy those Rays are a very good team indeed, and Dale is right, the Sox bats have gone silent...what's up with that? They have to come alive...it's do or die now! Wink

#artbydmcbride

They aren't fat feet, they are just big boned.
          He's not big boned, he's just fluffy!

Runners run

Missing ankle muscles?? I must look this up. DH has weak ankles....maybe that is his problem. Aamos - I rounded up the walkathon loop to 0.2 miles DS did 20 loops (he was one of the slowest!) DD did 17 loops (she went inside for awhile to take a break). I told DS that he walked 4 miles today, and he was in a state of happy disbelief (huge smile) and wrote "WHAT?" on the page where I showed him the math. They all got medals like we do at HM races. Smile

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

the Sox bats have gone silent...what's up with that?
              maine, Too easy: 1) Ortiz has a bad wrist that needs surgery. 2) Lowell has a bad hip that needs surgery. 3) Drew has had a bad back for months. 4) Varitek hasn't hit all year. 5) Ellsbury has been hot and cold all year. In other words, their lack of hitting in this series is not surprising. Pedroia and Bay can't carry the whole team. What surprises me is not the lack of hitting, but the lack of pitching. What's wrong with Beckett and Lester? And why couldn't Wakefield get out of the third inning? Dark Horse
              I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                5 miles on the treadmill with comfortable effort, at 7:16 mile pace. Dark Horse
                I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                Teresadfp

One day at a time

No running for me today, but I got some exercise on a field trip with DD10's class. We hiked up Bradbury Mountain and the kids answered questions about erosion and weathering. Beautiful, clear day with great views of the foliage from the top. Then we went to the Desert of Maine, a 30-acre desert just a few miles from the ocean. It's so funny to see big sand dunes with autumn colors and pine trees right next to them! The tallest dune is 90 feet high. I think it was the neatest field trip I've been on. And at Bradbury Mountain, there was a TV crew taking pictures of the kids playing on the new playground, so they were on the news tonight. What a perfect day.

Renee the dog

Confused
                    Mary, My on again/off again ankle issues. NO, I didn't really "lose" it as it isn't detachable*, but it did collapse underneath me, and has been cranky of late. My peroneus muscles may be the root cause, and I'm working the trigger points outlined in the book to release the pain. *Wouldn't being bionic make me run faster than the times I lay down?

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Another 7 miles for me today in just about 1 hour. It felt cold when I started even if already 10am , so I wore my hat and gloves only to regret having them after about 1 mile. My Mom , who was overjoyed to see me and DD last week back in Italy, is finally home today after more than 6 weeks in hospitals. We had a good time while there. Of course I ate too much but it couldn't be helped...that lasagna was irresistible so was the ossobuco and risotto and gnocchi....I better stop here, forget the food and concentrate on the running instead! Francesca
                      TammyinGP

We hiked up Bradbury Mountain and the kids answered questions about erosion and weathering.
                        . . . speaking of erosion . . . my son's 3rd grade science class has been studying erosion. And my son is apparently conducting his own experiment at home . . . we live in the country - in the woods basically - and it's very private. Because of that, my son has the added joy of being able to pee outside when he's outside playing and doesn't want to come in the house. The other day, we were getting ready to go somewhere and he needed to pee before we left - so he picked his usual spot outside. He then proceeds to tell me how he's conducting an experiment on erosion on that particular spot and he wants to see how long it takes to erode away that small hillside with his pee. . . . Roll eyes boyz. . . . . Big grin

Tammy

Us "bigger people"have feelings too... Aamos would never see my butt because she would be too far ahead of me...
                          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                          Mariposai

I am so glad to see an update from our lovely Francesca. Great news about your mama too. Is your child enjoying her visit with your family? I sure miss fjordrunner!!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hey Tallrunner...Do you ever see Egret anymore??? I miss her and Meg(jdmom3)
                              Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                                I prefer "husky." The bottoms of my feet (forefoot) start to hurt when my shoes wear out. I can start to feel it after about 3 miles into a run. I've been in Asics GT 2xxx series for awhile and have been getting 350-400 miles in them before I start to feel it in the feet. 6 miles for me and mrsday this evening. A nice 55F. Beautiful weather. I'd venture to say, ideal.
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM