Masters Running

Chilly in South Florida; Wednesday 1/4/2012 Daily (Read 404 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

MikeEy, are you ready for your interview? My favorite interview question is: "If you were a part of a bicycle, which part would you be?"

HEY. Let's all throw out some interview questions... 

Oh--hey--I just saw this--yeah--keep 'em coming.  Let's see...which part of a bicycle would I be?  Hmm....

Well--nobody can ever question your intelligence.

Fortunately, I do catch on eventually though some lessons have been extremely painful, especially in matters of the heart.

Mike - Re the bicycle - tell them you are the wheels & tires of a Pugsly - able to overcome any and all obstacles!

Safe travels OM!

....mikeE///.......if you could take 3-things to a Desert Island what would they be?

...and

''Sigourney Weaver''  is not considered an appropriate answer.

=========

.......24min poolrun

actually

I want to run-run

.......and actually I am waiting for Spring and I know that....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Well, there have been so many comments re Skip's pic, I have nothing to add, except (1) thanks for the giggles, folks, and (2) I think I'll wait until Shorty's home to give it a go.  He can be my spotter!

OM - You are going to have so much fun!!

Mary - That's actually a cool picture.  It cracked me up how the paw prints criss-crossed one another.

I didn't get up this morning (well, didn't get up to workout), so I'll have to RAW.  This time I'll remember to take my headlamp as yes, Leslie, it's dark at 5:30! Roll eyes

Interview Question: Boxers or briefs? (I could take it downhill from there, but many of you have a more degenerate mind than I do, so feel free!)

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Happy Birthday, Dave.

Just a light breeze to cool off what is a beautiful day for a run, a little warm and dry for this time of year. I finished at the track of a private school I use occasionally, where some kids came out and ran a little in lanes 1 & 2 so I moved to 6. All the other kids were done, and the last guy brought back memories to me. He was walking and had given up hope. I smiled at him and went around the turn. When I looked back, he was running. I gave him the thumbs up. It's hard to put into words how happy I was!

I moved to lane 1 and did 5 strides, walking back for recovery.  I don't know if they were 100m or 110.  I ran the straightaway from triangle to triangle.  I looked at my watch after the first one and it was 22 seconds, which is the average time, so I think they were consistent.  I know the effort was, about 7/10.  I didn't use the lap button because I stopped the clock during the recoveries.  But that is more detail than you wanted to know.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Dave59

TammyinGP

Happy Birthday Dave!!

Have a great time at your first marathon OM! I have a co-worker who is flying there today with a friend of hers. Her friend is running the marathon and she's cheering her on.

Going to my chiro tomorrow. I've had some pretty significant low back pain for a few wks now, so I guess it's time to check it checked out. Leaving work a bit early today to go visit Cj (the friend of a friend who suffered the spinal injury a few wks back). He's moving a rehab facility in Calif next week, so wanted to see him before he leaves. When my back starts bothering me too much, I think of Cj and how he probably just wishes he could even feel something, anything, in his back, or legs, or arms. puts it in perspective I guess. 

See you all tomorrow!

Tammy

Jlynne

I know the day is fading away, but happy birthday Dave!

Fleet feet Esther! Enjoy that Disney experience and be sure to take lots of pictures.

Good luck with your interview Mike. Let's see - interview questions....how about shaken or stirred? Big grin

First swim class went well last night. I've been moved up to Master's swimmers. There were only 3 other women in the class and 2 instructors so I should learn a lot.

Hey Cellcom runners. Tonight is the kick-off event. They're bringing in a guest speaker. A woman who did the Hawaii ironman with a prosthetic leg. I'm sorry, I forgot her name. They're also supposedly going to debut the new course route. I'll report back later....

Dove

The Dovenator

Back home and at work today. I'm trying to write a race report but all I seem to be doing is eating and falling asleep at the keyboard. Zzzzzzz.......

"it's just like having fun, but different"

6.4 miles on the treadmill in 1 hour this late afternoon.  10F last night with wind chills below 0F 5 inches of fresh snow. 

Jlynne that would be Sarah Reinertsen.  I got to meet her several years ago in Allentown, she was sitting on a wall talking to Bart Yasso, I went to see Bart because we had exchanged several e-mails. I didn't even notice that she only had one leg until Bart introduced her ( her prosthetic was not on) and I got caught staring but she was very nice and a very interesting speaker.   

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Dave59 happy birthday! Also, congratulations on getting your employee non-employee ID.  Who knows maybe next is an employee employee ID?

SkipAZ brave boy even trying that ball balancing act!

Totally freezing today!  No, not evanflein freezing.  But well below 20, that would be positive 20.  So it was 4 miles on the TM.  The good news is my PT thought my legs felt fine and even suggested I go 5 on Friday.  I nixed that seeing as how this was only my second 4 mile day.  So it is another 4 on Friday.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

have a wonderful wonderful happy fun groovy first marathon, just experience it to the full.  then tell us all about it : ).     will be sending you lots of energy and happy vibes.

Can't say it better than this....Smile

Woke up late, just 2 miles this morning....

Happy Birthday Dave!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

aka FlyingFinn

Karin, I'm interested in how your new training plan will turn out.  On my hilly runs lately I've had time goals instead of distance goals because distance and pace don't seem relevant there. I still wear the Garmin on flat roads, though.

Have a great marathon Esther! I'm so excited for you.

Nice, Opie.

Yesterday I ran 4, tonight I ran 9, both flat. Tonight's run felt easier than yesterday's and it was 10s/m faster; felt great. The sunset was gorgeous...a big orange sun and a sky of pastels.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

wildchild

Carolyn

Hola from Liberia, Costa Rica!  It's warm!  No time for a run today, since we left for the airport at 5 am.  Just got to our hotel at 7 pm - I'm now on Central Time.  Time to go out to eat.

Happy Bday, Dave, and glad you actually have a job.

Mike, good luck at the interview!

That's all I have time for - DD wants the computer next.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

...enjoy the  vacation and the CST wildchild//........gonna get in any runs??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....