Masters Running

Tuesday 9-9-2014 (Read 40 times)

Two new grandbabies in less than a week.  How lucky is this group!

Alas, no rain here.

Sweet on the dress, Amy!

Slo - I, too, would think it is the  neighbors' duty to fix the problem, including all expenses incurred by your sis and BIL.  Maybe the neighbors' homeowner's insurance would cover it?  10 grand is a huge amount of money because of what someone else did.

No bear tracks here, either, just the insides of my eyelids as I turned off the alarm before it buzzed and snuggled back down under the covers.  I feel better today than yesterday, but I'm still pooped, and not running today's scheduled 5 miles isn't going to make or break my race.

Tomorrow is the big day to take The Wilsonater to the vet.  No food after midnight = locking him in another room while I feed the rest of the Zoo Crew = he's not going to be happy = we're not going to get much sleep after 3:00/3:30.  Good thing I have an a.m. run scheduled for about an hour or so.  The Hub said he's going to be EARLY to prepare.  Yes, our cats are spoiled rotten.  They're our furry kids.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Congrats Dave, and soon Steve, hope it goes well.

I wanted to also congratulate Starr and her DH.  That was excellent weight loss!

Woke at 3:30, couldn't get back to sleep, finally gave up at 5:30, and got up and out for a 7.2 mile run with the headlamp on for the first few miles.  Well rested legs so it felt sproinky.  So feeling a bit tired and dizzy now, almost fell asleep on the streetcar.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

On the way to the hospital! DD number two is in labor. The little bugger should not be as big as a bear. I am excited, nonetheless.

YAY steve//...........keep us posted

===========

20-min xbike standing

single wgt session..........forgot to do the first one this morning

................good running guys

................ps................when did tet start wearing shoes??........w0w

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

................ps................when did tet start wearing shoes??........w0w

I've about had it with this forum perpetrating pernicious prevarications about me.

I started out barefoot and I'm going down barefoot., . . . unless I'm wearing thongs.

next thing you know, it'll be my teeth.

ps- this is my second rant.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

You're a braver man than me, Tet.  I don't have the right shape for thongs.

Lifting and running planned for later today.  Gotta work off the mallow creme pumpkins.  It's allowed after September 1.

Congrats Steve!

SteveP

That grandbaby better hurry. On the way into the hospital, I stopped and bought King Kong versus Godzilla.

i may yell up in there. "On your mark! Get set! GO!".

SteveP

C-R

All the best Steve.

Ribs => Cigar City Brewing. Just saying.

Quick 6.2 at lunch. Swamped.

Cheers all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

You're a braver man than me, Tet.  I don't have the right shape for thongs.

Not many do, PBJ.  And most of those who do probably shouldn't.

Steve - I dare you.  No, I triple dog dare you!

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Enke, thanks! You had a good run with the headlamp, but may need a nap later.  Sleep has been evading me lately too. I am awake 3 or 4 times a night.  How's it going with Mr. C.? Keep us posted.

Leslie - the training is done, and I think you are wise to get some zzzzzz's instead.  Can you put Wilson in the garage at 3 am?  I am glad I have dogs.

Yeah, another baby!  Hope everything goes wonderfully for mom.

Thongs!  No comment.

Amy - Say yes to the dress -- what color is it?  Why do you have to run in red, why not red sox too?

What is up with Marj and Henry?  PBJ, can you drive down to check them out?  Thanks.

Ribs - do you ever get tired of travelling for work? I am getting itchy to fly somewhere since we rarely do that anymore.  We did get our passports this winter, so that part is done.

hi Tom, you bike for 20 minutes standing up? What exactly did you forget this morning, I am confused.

Tet - have you ever figured up how much money you have saved by not buying new running shoes all the time?

No running plans for me tonight but may go to the Y or take a nap.  Like I said, I cannot stay asleep for more than a few hours. I take Ambien, but just 5mg. Maybe I will stop taking that after this crazy week is over.  Thursday is the Community Orchestra picnic where they hand out get our music. On Friday are festivities for Turkey Day begin.  My classmates are planning to go to the beer garden, I suppose I could be the DD. The 10K is Saturday at 10:30 followed by a picnic/awards ceremony. The parade starts at 2pm and we are riding a float for the Class of 1974 . Not too excited about that.  I'll have to rush home to shower and change for the banquet/social hour starting at 5.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

BTY

Good afternoon, all.   A rest day for me today.  I'll just be going to the gym with my daughter tonight, for about 30:00 of stretching and 30:00 of core and rear delt/traps/rhomboids stregth training.    I like this particular workout on a non-running day because it focuses on muscles that help with my running posture, keeping my head and shoulder blades where they belong when I start getting tired and out-of-focus on a longer training run or race.  I also spend less time over in "the jungle" with what Planet Fitness calls "lunks", though it's been months since I recall their lunk alarm being activated.  Smile

I enjoy coming to the daily and reading about your running workouts on a day like today, since I spent my lunch hour actually eating lunch for once, and I feel a little guilt absolution by running vicariously through you.  I had a wonderful lunch meeting with a friend who used to be on the Board of Elders at my church with me.  We laughed over a lot of stuff, remembering the "old days".   If we both "used to be elders", I guess that makes us both pretty old.

SteveP

7 lb 15 oz 21 in Jude Robert Thorman.

SteveP

SteveP

If some one could post a picture from FB. Mom and Jude are healthy and fine

SteveP

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy to help.  Congrats, Grampy!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Congratulations, Grampy!! 

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

mrrun

congrats on the new baby!

my DD went into the hospital on Sunday afternoon with bad GI issues.  Until this morning, she was on the infection control floor.  to visit her i had to wear a gown and gloves.  however, this morning the doctor said there was a 50% improvement and she was moved to a regular room.  she was able to talk on the phone & sounded lots better because she was no longer on high dosages of anti pain & nausea meds.  all tests have come back negative. they can't do a colonoscopy until everything calms down because they could cause more damage.  two possibilities are reaction to an antibiotic she was given or colitis or we may never know.  tomorrow i'll be back up there after henry has an MRI for his AT.  to be continued.  thanks for your concerns.

marj