Masters Running

Cancer update (Read 366 times)

munchkn883

Well, the results of my scans were okay. The lesions are increasing in number very slowly, but the pain is worse. Dr. has decided that Avastin & Faslodex are no longer helping and I need something more. As of now (that is unless I change my mind) I will start some real chemo on January 6 to try to slow it down. I will continue to receive my Zometa as well. Because of this, those of you who are going to do Knoxville in the Spring will see me BALD (unless I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't have this side effect). Daughters' are pretty upset and MrMunch is just asking lots of questions. I can tell it is bothering him. Take care and know that I love you all. PS -- Dr. did tell me to continue walking as much as I want!! WooHoo, I can still coach this spring!
      I will start some real chemo on January 6 to try to slow it down. I will continue to receive my Zometa as well. Because of this, those of you who are going to do Knoxville in the Spring will see me BALD . . PS -- Dr. did tell me to continue walking as much as I want!! WooHoo, I can still coach this spring!
      Munch - Bald is beautiful!!! Just think of all the money you'll save on those expensive styling products. And it's not less hair, just more face to wash, and you have a beautiful face!! Will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hang in there, munch. Good vibes continuing to go your way. TomS
        xor

It is interesting in situations like this to see what becomes "okay". My version of "okay" moves all over the map depending on various things. You seem to have positive spirits. This is goodness. Have they told you which chemos they are going to mix for you? Good thoughts, mojo, and vibes from someone who knows well. Knoxville in spring - are you planning on going to the Knoxville Marathon? (apologies if I should already know this)

I am so sorry to read about the lesions increasing in number. Cry I know from my friend's experience with brain cancer that changing treatments can sometimes produce incredible results. I will keep my fingers crossed that it works for you. As to being bald . . . well it is a good excuse to see how you will look in every possible hair style and length that you can find a wig for! Best of luck with your treatments.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I'm sorry you're going through this. We love you munch.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                Munch, I am really sorry to hear that the cancer is back again. Sending you all the thoughts and prayers that I can muster for a positive outcome with this latest round of chemo. You do seem to be in good spirits and that has a to be a big help. Hugs, Meg

Once a runner . . .

evanflein

Hugs and virtual healing vibes to one of the most determined, positive and inspirational people I know on these boards. I'm hoping the change in treatment will have a good outcome, and hey... it's only hair.
                  stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hair is highly overrated. Positive attitude is what counts. and you've got it in spades. Good luck with the new treatment path.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Our thoughts are with you.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Munch... Hoping this makes the pain go away and get than cancer to back off. I'm so glad you have the ok to keep on truckin... looking forward to your Knoxville experience! Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

if your coachin' will get you into another marathon, maybe we can virtual run with you again too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hugs and virtual healing vibes to one of the most determined, positive and inspirational people I know on these boards. I'm hoping the change in treatment will have a good outcome, and hey... it's only hair.
                            Erika put it best. (Not the first time, either.) Hugs, healing, and prayers. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

munchkn883

SR -- I think it's Ixempra. Will be going in every three weeks for that and every four weeks for Zometa. No more shot or Avastin.
                              wildchild

Carolyn

Munch, so sorry to hear the pain is worse -hope the new treatment helps. I hope you get more time with your grandkids soon, as I know that's good therapy for you! You're in my thoughts.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.