Masters Running

4/10 TGIGF runs and work outs (Read 512 times)

PJH

Hi everyone! Haven't ran in 2 weeks. Got the results of my ultrasound back yesterday. The good news is no sports hernia, no surgery. The bad news is that I do have some ongoing issues in the lower abs with the tendons, etc. and have been advised to 'give it some time to heal'. So no running for another two weeks and then a very gradual return to running based on how I feel. Gradual means starting out at 15 mins per day for the first week or two and taking it from there. Not the best news but I figure I might as well do it right and give myself a chance to heal with a view to the longer term. Continued phsyio was also recommended ,as well as additional cortisone shots. I've been watching SR's comeback and I think I'm going to mirror some of what he's been doing in terms of working my core, increasing flexibility, doing a little strength training, etc. Hopefully, I'll be stronger and less prone to injury when I do start running again. It is interesting how I seem to have a lot more time on my hands since I stopped running (2 hours per day!). I've managed to fill some of that watching my beloved Blue Jays and of course, the Masters this weekend. I'm glad they've made the par 5's reachable in two. It adds so much to the drama of the Masters. Continued healthy running everyone! Healing vibes to the injured! PJ
      Awesome picture Steve. Cruelty to animals Big grin though Rest day today, tired after yesterday's session but legs/body are fine. Coach was not happy with me doing two 6k repeats below the 4 minute threshold (tough coach). Baking a Ginger Molasses Cake with Mascarpone Cream for tomorrow (YUM) to go with the Apple Maple Ham and Fontina Scalloped Patatoes and Spinach/Beet/Walnut/Feta salad, and the kids Peanut Butter Blizzard Cake (well I might have a slice :P ) No wonder I cannot lose weight Big grin Happy Easter weekend eveyone. Long run planned with my buddy Liz tomorrow and then food and drink and merrimaking... Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

TammyinGP

awww, Steve, you are such a cute wittle bunny Big grin Tim, I was almost expecting her to say 'besides, running will make my uterus fall out' Roll eyes I do believe it's "age" that makes your skin sag/wrinkle and an unhealthy lifestyle can accelerate the problem - such as smoking. women really need to get over the vanity of a few wrinkles showing as they get older. It's life. Ok, so maybe once you can get her to get past the superficial vanity, she's a great lady and maybe you can even get her to come back over to the dark side of being a runner again. I think she's banging up her car to have an excuse to see you actually. Did I ever tell you that's how I met my husband? He was running the service dept of the dealership where I bought my new car and these totally unexplainable odd things kept going on for about 5 mos - so we were seeing each other regularly when I brought my car in. Once he finally asked me out, my car quit having issues. Cool Tet, please no shoe shopping extravaganza's in Seattle . . . okay, well I guess shopping for running shoes, or new running clothes is really the only kind of shopping I enjoy Tongue ran an ez lil 3 miles last night, then did a few leg machines at the gym. Tomorrow is a 10 mile race - the largest race in southern oregon and the only one that is actually chip-timed. Around 3000 are registered - there's a 5K and a 10 mile. I have to do 12 miles per Mr. Higdon, so will run the 10 mile race and then a couple miles cooldown. And tomorrow is forecasted to be the only dry day here - it's been raining for 3 days and starting Sunday it should rain again for the next 3-4 days. Happy Passover . . . to those who celebrate. Happy Easter . . . to those who celebrate. Happy Friday . . . to those who celebrate.

Tammy

Renee the dog

3 miles on the TM this morning...gazing longingly at the lovely weather outside. But, Mr No is flying home today from Seattle, and those 3 were supposed to be done yesterday, so I sucked it up. Smile Spent Wed & Thurs with my sister doing more cleaning out of my parents' former place. We're close to the end! We had a nice time, as we can see real progress now. Trying to get the kids to take a nap, and that's not going well, but if they do fall asleep I'll slip back downstairs for a 1/2 hour of yoga. The peaceful kind. Otherwise, it'll be combat yoga later with their help. Confused Big grin Tim....oh forget it. If you are asking us here, you already have doubts. Trust your gut.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

The Easter Bunny in a Batman suit. That's all we need... Roll eyes I wanna have dinner at Tall's house... that all sounds wonderful! Tim... she may be pretty, but turn and run the other way. Now. I don't know when I've heard a better description of a vain vapor-brain on two legs. They may be nice legs, but not worth the headache. PJ, I don't want to even think about all the things I could be doing if I weren't running! I am taking some time off after Boston, not completely just really cut back, to tackle some long-neglected things I need to do around my house. Getting nervous about Boston... we leave in a week!! Rest day today, but lots of errands to do so will be hectic.
              Things are really rolling here already! Steve - Love the bunny ears on Tag, but poor Tag! Doesn't look so happy about the situation. Tim - So now I can use my running as an excuse for my highly active crows feet? Thanks!! PJH - Glad they figured out what was going on. Good luck with the healing process. As opposed to "embracing the suck" this morning, I embraced my pillow. I figured getting some sleep was more important than putting in 3 miles. Slept much better, but am still tired and could go back into snooze mode very easily right now. I finally got our pictures downloaded to photobucket. There are a lot, and I deleted quite a few, too! Hopefully, by the end of this weekend I'll get something written up about the trip. Have a wonderful Good Friday, and a blessed Easter weekend.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #3309

Leslie, those are some really nice pictures Smile
                I don't know when I've heard a better description of a vain vapor-brain on two legs
                Big grin...but she's so perrty...hey, your always telling me to run away from the gals I mention Evil grin Wink...prolly right most of the time. Tet, I just read the link you posted....too bad I can't test the theory out...kinda hard to do being single and alone (ok people, get you heads out of the gutter)
                Tim, I was almost expecting her to say 'besides, running will make my uterus fall out' Roll eyes
                As I spewed water out of my nose onto my keyboard Big grin Don't think she is wrecking her car on purpose...Hum, don't think so
                Tim....oh forget it. If you are asking us here, you already have doubts. Trust your gut.
                Confused what did I ask....me trusting my gut Roll eyes Hope everyone is having a great day TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Gordon! Good luck! We'll have our clients in common (with Tammy, too). Perch, what pace are you looking at in Boston? I am planning a slow run, it'd be great to see you--altho sounds as if you are all healed up and may just be smoking along. I'm in the 9th corral, you? Let us know about the heart report. .......in that area, D's doc reduced his beta-blocker significantly, so he's doing well. Steve, no bunny ears on the dog, sez Frank. PJH, great attitude, keep it up. You'll be back at it real soon. And ain't baseball season grand? Big grin Belated Birthday, Henrun! grins, A
                  Masters 2000 miles
                    said that running causes women to have wrinkled faces when they get older... Undecided
                    That is so bogus! Getting wrinkles is part of the aging process (just ask me, I know Big grin). When I first started running many years ago, I lost a lot of weight - and it was very noticeable in my face. Maybe runners' lack of fat in their faces makes their wrinkles more visible. Steve - the pictures of Tag were great. It looks like you've put different color contac lenses in his eyes to make them different! Tall always posts the best menus. Wonder if he'd ever share any of his recipes... Perch - good luck with your healing. You've trained so hard, we want you to do great at Boston. Rest day for me. At the homeless shelter for a 6 - 9 AM shift. I boiled and colored 4 dozen eggs to bring to the shelter guests this morning. Someone else had donated a couple of hams. Between the ham, eggs, juice and coffee, they all thought this was as good as brunch at a fancy restaurant! Enjoy your Friday everyone.
                    xor

For to please send mojo towards completion of 50th state tomorrow. Me need 'connection mojo' for Chicago O'Hare. Me need 'good potty mojo'. Me need 'no fall in hole mojo'. Mahalo plenty.

TammyinGP

We are going to be in Seattle again just a few wks after the marathon - July 15th to about the 20th/21st. I was hoping to catch a Mariners game but no home games during that whole time. And since it's only a few wks after the marathon, I won't want to run any races either. We have tickets for the NHRA Nationals taking place that weekend. I really wanted to see a baseball game also Sad

Tammy

evanflein

{{Strong Mojo Vibes to SRL}} especially that airport connection one. Go get 'em, but I'll hold off on any premature congrats. Wouldn't want to jinx anything, dontcha-know.
                            I'm cutting Tim some slack here. This one has potential, at least she used to run. I'm more worried about all the car wrecks. I hope she takes you up on the offer of dinner and shoes. Interesting combo that one, I like it. I might attempt running tomorrow as I'm feeling completely back to normal.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Note to self: keeping yourself in good running condition over the winter does not mean that your cycling muscles are ready in the spring. Talk about burning quads after my rather shortened ride yesterday! So today is a full day of rest in prep for a short (running) race tomorrow. Good luck to all the weekend racers!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Renee the dog

Confused what did I ask....me trusting my gut Roll eyes
                                Well, despite the lack of proper punctuation Tongue, I believe this:
                                Hey RA gals...what do you think about running and sagging face lines.
                                was a question. That's what you asked. To which I said, "Trust your gut." You don't need to search the 'net to see if she's "onto" something with this wrinkle paranoia. Besides, if she would just hang upside down like vampires do every night, her wrinkles would go away. Ever see a wrinkly vampire?

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!