Masters Running

Ice Cream, Pie and all things yummy . . . (Read 465 times)

Top 'O the World!

EZPZ French Silk Pie: INGREDIENTS (Nutrition) 1/2 cup butter, room temperature 3/4 cup white sugar 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 eggs 1 prepared 8 inch pastry shell, baked and cooled (or graham cracker) DIRECTIONS Cream butter in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat in the sugar with an electric mixer until light colored and well blended. Stir in the thoroughly cooled chocolate, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes on medium speed after each addition. Spoon the chocolate filling into a cooled, baked pie shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
    xor

Ah! So it doesn't use real silk. That must be what makes it EZ if not PZ.

Top 'O the World!

nah, it just feels like silk Wink
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
        SteveP

My frech silk boxers feel like silk...do they have melted chocolate in them too???? My faves are the berry pies. When I was younger, my favorite thing was picking berries with Gandma. DW likes home made peach/blueberry pie. Her and the kids call it "Bleach Pie". IMHO...some forces of natue should not be combined.

SteveP

huskydon

Peach pie is my favorite. Ymmm! Topped with vanilla ice cream. Double yum!! Maybe being raised in Washington, I feel like I like the change of pace of something besides apple. huskydon
              My frech silk boxers feel like silk...do they have melted chocolate in them too????
              That's just wrong on so many levels...... But I liked it anyway! The lemon pie ice cream does sound very good. I love lemon pie and I love ice cream.....so hey, it's definately a winner. My SIL grandfather was known as the "Pie Man". He owned a pie shop in Houston. Every thanksgiving season people would line up for blocks to buy pies from him.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                why oh why did i look in here???????????? Roll eyes Shocked Roll eyes Shocked everything sounds so yummy and i am really trying to lose some weight!! i'm running away now!!!! Wink

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Is it just coincidence that this thread got a lot more results than talking about brussel sprouts? Confused I had thought the cheese with apple pie was sort of a new england thing, but it sure seems country wide. i still prefer a big scoop of french vanilla with mine.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Cindy/Mtnchk - You are evil and must be destroyed! Evil grin French silk boxers, chocolate - The visual is just too much.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Reeeallly!??! Big grin Big grin Big grin or do you just need more recipes....
                      xor

I had thought the cheese with apple pie was sort of a new england thing, but it sure seems country wide. i still prefer a big scoop of french vanilla with mine.
                        Ha. My step-mom is native Texan and my dad has lived in Texas since 1968. I always thought it was a Texas thing Smile .

Hey Tom - have you visited the pie place in Fennville, MI? I miss that place sooooo much. My Mom always had their red raspberry pie, and I had their wonderful apple pie with cinnamon ice cream - heavenly!!! Of course, I had to try a bite of her pie - just to make sure it was OK for her. ;-)

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Marathon Maniac #957

EZPZ French Silk Pie: INGREDIENTS (Nutrition) 1/2 cup butter, room temperature 3/4 cup white sugar 2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 eggs 1 prepared 8 inch pastry shell, baked and cooled (or graham cracker) DIRECTIONS Cream butter in a mixing bowl. Gradually beat in the sugar with an electric mixer until light colored and well blended. Stir in the thoroughly cooled chocolate, and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 5 minutes on medium speed after each addition. Spoon the chocolate filling into a cooled, baked pie shell. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
                            Okay, I have to save this and try it. But that doesn't look like enough ingredients to fill a pie shell. Does it fluff up a lot? Do you put whipped cream on top?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Also, I have a recipe for a wonderful apple pie recipe where you actually bake the pie inside a brown paper bag (staple it shut and put it in the oven). I don't make it often because I have no resistance, but here's the question for you regular pie bakers: What are the best apples to use for apple pies?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Holly - I've always used MacIntosh, but after reading this, I may try another type: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26641989/ I'm definitely making that French Silk Pie - Yummmmmm!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com