Masters Running

Remember 9/11 Daily (Read 37 times)

I remember Orangemat but have zero recollection of her leaving here over some ill feelings. that's too bad.

Same!! In fact we have met up and talked a few times since she left RA and she never mentioned that reason. She is very involved in Peloton so I see her name pop up on the leaderboard and some Peloton related FB groups. 

Left Maine around 4:30am to be to work for a 7am

start - same time I hope to have my a** in seat for a Peloton ride before work tomorrow morning. Today just the walks to and from

the hospital and over 10,000 steps so on that note - Goodnight friends!!

denise

Quickadder

The day before 9/11 I had received my letter from the American Embassy in London setting up an appointment there on 9/20 to get final approval of my fiancé visa to move to the US.

Being in England, it was early afternoon by the time events unfolded in NY on 9/11 and the first I heard about it was when one of my clients came in for his 3pm appointment. I was at a branch office with no TV so really didn't get to see much of the coverage until the early evening news a couple of hours later.

Following 9/11 they closed the US Embassy for several days so it was not until a week later that I learned the Embassy would reopen for limited purposes on 9/20 and that issuing visas was one of the things they would do. While I was at the Embassy, they closed everything down for an hour so the staff could attend a memorial service nearby.

I got my visa, moved to the US 4 weeks later and married my DW on 11/9 on a riverboat in New Orleans.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Upcoming race: Contraband 5 miler 5/4/24 

SteveP

I was recently single and just moved to the area in August.  I was a member of a recovery chatroom through Hazelden.  One friend worked across the street from the towers.  Another worked in the Capitol Building.

Tetsujin - has me looking at a dictionary again.

Bioguy - You're important to us.  A professional opinion wouldn't hurt.

Tail Boots and No Cane!!!!!

Good to see Quickadder.

My hip was barking, and I could not make myself get out the door.  PT.  I've self-diagnosed a lot, butt set up a doctor's appointment Thursday for a 2nd opinion.

I got employee of the month again.  I accepted in an accent I learned in Columbus Ohio. Quasi guttural.  It was my first experience with a person doing business in our country who didn't speak English.  "Steve P is bum.  No good bum.  In bathroom for hours.  No good lazy bum"

SteveP