Masters Running

Fabulous Friday, April 8 Daily (Read 485 times)

SteveP

I was hoping for a Leslie update. You're important to us 

It's nice how fond we get of members of this little group. 

Ya lurkin' TimBo??

I didn't think the old guy had it in him.

..... Dude, it's a marked trail..lots of marks..and you got lost!! 

Sometimes he was wheezing like a bear that smokes three packs a day. But he did OK.

Um...You marked the trail

Hi Joey!!!!

Hi Deez!!!!

Avenger Doggie and I were privileged enough to join DW for an additional 40 min. It was easy too keep up with her. I was surprised.

SteveP

Mariposai

Twocat, I just read your post to my DH. The conversation went like this...

Ohh no...did he saved the worse for last? We area all in suspense now!!!!Surprised

Did the TREES survived?Cool (sorry, he is a forester, ya know)

10 miles for you my buddie this afternoon. Take care of that leg now. And please don't tell me that the cast is on the same side as the hammie's problem.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Thank you to Twocat and Avenger Doggie for some much needed smiles and chuckling.  However, Twocat, I want to clarify the chuckle went away at "cast" and "crutches."  I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get to ditch mine come next Friday.

I'm here.  I can't elaborate, but I'm here. All of your thoughts are prayers are so very much appreciated and needed.  My heart is truly, truly touched.  My husband and I are trying to come to grips with what has happened, however, we are far from being out of severe crisis mode.  To ease thoughts, there is no death or sickness involved, but beyond that, I'm sorry, I can't elaborate.  At this point, we are taking it hour by hour, and it's taking every ounce of energy I have to keep it together.  Please keep my husband in your prayers as I am very worried about him.  Things are going to be extremely difficult for us for the unforeseeable future.

Thank you so very much.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Oh Leslie, so glad you posted. Glad nobody is ill or injured, but still very concerned for you and the Hub. Continued hugs and positive thoughts sent your way.

10 miles for Nancy! Nice job, girlfren!

I was on the fence about a run tonight or not. Usually, this would be a rest day but I was so disappointed in my run yesterday that I wanted to get out there today. Turns out, it ended up being a beautiful night for a run with warm sunshine, snow melted off the roadways and virtually no wind. There were what appeared to be snow squalls or stormy spots off in the distance all around us, but blue sky right over us. It was so nice, I had to go. Figured I'd do an easy run down the bikepath and along the road towards town and DH would pick me up and we'd go do some shopping we needed to do. Well, legs felt good, night felt perfect and he took a little longer than I thought so I just kept going. 5.1 miles @ 8:00 overall avg pace. Wow, what a run. More than makes up for that miserable slog on the treadmill yesterday. Smile

((((Leslie and DH))))  Thoughts and Prayers to you both.  If there's anything we can do, just ask.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

SteveP

Yeah, What Breger said...

SteveP