Masters Running

The day the butterfly wings exchanged hands...RR (Read 375 times)

#artbydmcbride

Totally Awesome, Mariposai!  Thank you so much for this report.  Smile

Runners run

The love and genuine care your family shows each other makes me tear up, Posie. You've raised some great sons and you have every right to be proud. What an awesome day for everyone. And congrats on your first place finish!

evanflein

What a wonderful report and I loved the pictures... and that finish line video is awesome! Congrats on winning that 5k, that's just so cool. And I hope someone learned something about racing and 15 lb. backpacks....

TammyinGP

This was a wonderful report, Mariposai!  You have the most genuine, caring, unselfish family I know of and it just shows itself over and over in all the things you do.

I loved every word in this report! Congratulations to you all on a very fun and enjoyable race!

Tammy

What a great report, with great photos.  I especially liked the one of your son with the butterfly wings.  He looks a little angry at the cameraman for capturing him right at that moment.  I am so proud of your kids and in particular your DH.  Please any tips for me to get my DH outside???

Congratulations on the 5K.  That must have been exhilarating.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Yep--I agree with everybody else.  Great report--great races--and, best of all--great family!  Thanks for sharing it all with us!

(I still say those wings are an unfair advantage)

..that is so cool//..........what a wonderful family tradition.....

I'll be

smiling

the rest of the day.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Congratulations to you Mariposai for getting the guys to all run the race.  I will say you do not look all that happy running with that backpack!  Must have been really, really heavy!  Good thing for you DS #2 you are such a sweetie!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

There weren't too many big races around in those days so Olympic marathoner Don Kardong's Bloomsday 12K Race in Spokane was always being written about in the running magazines every May.  I didn't think it could get much better than when I finally get to run it a couple of years ago too.  However, do you have an extra pair of butterfly wings?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Yay, the backpack finished the race too! Wink

What a wonderful report! Sounds like it was a very special weekend all around. Congrats to you, Mari, your DH and sons and all!

Posie - You're have a beautiful family, inside and out.  What a wonderful day!!

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh Nancy - what a joyful race day!  I read the entire report with an ear-to-ear grin....the picture of DS #2 with the wings and the challenging look in his eyes is priceless, and seeing you and your DH crossing the finish line holding hands, yes, this brought some moisture to my eyes.  Congratulations to you and the whole Posie family for a wonderful race!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Yep, life is good! 

Congrats!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Dear Ms. Race Winner and lovely mom w/ handsome sons,

I have been really remiss in reading posts (not to mention posting) but I am SO GLAD I didn't miss this one!

Holy Butterfly Wings!  What a great day for you.  And the day before....geeze, it doesn't get better than that!

Unless of course it's the fact that you are being PAID to wear that shirt!!!!! Big grin

Awesome!!  I havent logged in here for awhile now but so glad I did tonight!!  What a beautiful inspiring day for your family - I smiled the whole way reading it!!  You are a special woman and are raising very special young men!!

denise