Masters Running

Friday, 1-2-15 (Read 34 times)

JLynne's blowing out stability balls and Hemer may be arrested for unauthorized trail pruning . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Happy belated New Year, all.

I spent most of yesterday watching football, but got a small swim and walk/run in before it all started.  And today, a wonderful mountain bike outing.  Weather is dry and just below freezing, so trail is nice and hard and it isn't too awfully cold.

Carry on.  Smile

TammyinGP

I'll check out your quote Robin! very cool!

putting away all the Christmas decor today. David is at my parents for the night but he got up at 5:15 this morning to go play 3 hrs of basketball (from 6-9:00) with our neighbor and a bunch of guys he gets together with about 3x/week to play hoops. so needless to say, I'm already tired.

David gave me a track workout to do today so after I went up to the animal shelter and walked a few dogs, i headed over to the track.

8x400 with a target pace of 2:00 and :45 recoveries. I was pretty close to target, mostly 2:01's but a couple 2:04's and I eeked one under at 1:59. total of 4 miles today.

Tammy

SteveP

Thank you for the article Dr. Robin.

You've been missed. Training people makes my brain all sad. I've been training two and a half new people, (two full time and one part time). In the mean time, I've attempted to be a face to face friend with loved ones going through difficult times. I hope to be posting more often.

The running is sporadic, however, it's where my heart always is. If I can go twice a week, I'm pleased. Three times a week, I'm giddy. During the week of Christmas, I visited Dad in FL and got 43.22 miles in. The first beach run, I found a good sized conch shell. Took a picture and shared it with our grandson. The shell was still there on the return trip. I put it in my shorts pocket. Shortly, there was activity around the personal jingle bells area. Turns out I was transporting a hermit crab.

Today, Avenger Doggie and I got 4 miles in.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I'm just checking in to say hi.  I ran 10.5 miles, today after work, then went out for dinner.  It's bedtime, now, so see ya later.

evanflein

I spent the day making a mess in the house in the interest of cleaning it up. Funny how that happens. Making progress, but man we have a lot of "stuff" to go through!

Took a break this afternoon and ran 5.3 miles on the treadmill, progressive pace starting at 8:50 and ending at 8:13 for the last .3 mile. This treadmill running sure requires a mindset shift. Need to work on that... Temps forecast in the minus range for the next few days. Brrr!

So our Alaska contingent is being reduced?

In transition but we are making the move to Colorado.

Marathon Maniac #957

JLynne's blowing out stability balls and Hemer may be arrested for unauthorized trail pruning . . . .

Steve - that would be a bit unnerving.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."